View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019
Saleen Forums Participant

Ok here’s an update. I want to try and get as much info out as I can for future use for anyone and I hope it helps. I know many think I’m probably an idiot for trying to do any of this but regardless if I screw it up at least I learned something and we get some good info from it. I would like to learn so I can rely on myself to repair it in the future :)

So, I successfully installed the rear needle bearings using advice from the previous posts thank you! I removed them with a blind hole expanding collet puller piece attached to a threaded rod cut to fit the length of the case I got at Home Depot. Put the rod through a brace from another puller I had and treaded a nut and washer onto it. They came out no problem. Note that I measured the bearings were originally installed about 1mm below the top of the bore. They can go deeper. I re installed them at that depth. I used a hydraulic press and some sockets/extensions and lightly lubed the bearings.
Long story short, it was very easy and not at all as scary as it seems if you just go slow and are careful.

However now I do have a loud knocking noise from the blower and what feels like excessive lash or play back and forth if I spin the snout side to side. It clunks. I’m guessing it must be the rotor pack bearings. Everything else is new. I did install a new coupler supplied by Jon Bond Performance but it sounds more then that. Maybe I’ll try try the original.
Do these have any lash in the gears? And does anyone know the spec for the rotor clearance from rotor to front bearing plate?

I guess I’m going to have to try and do them. Gonna take it apart and re inspect it. Maybe post some videos to YouTube. Thank you for your help!

06 Saleen s281 SC #206 / Black
Blue 39lb Injectors
Detroit Rocker Cams
3.4 Pulley
JLT Series 3 Intake
Vortech Fuel Pump Booster
Ford Racing Valve Covers
Brenspeed E-Mail Tune
Exedy Mach 500 Clutch
Exedy Billet Steel Lightweight Flywheel
Cervinis C Style Scoops
Baer Eradispeed +2 Drilled/Slotted Rotors
Baer Eradispeed 14 in Rear Drilled/Slotted Upgrade

Last edited by Saleen206; 03-30-2019 at 03:43 PM.