View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009
SOEC Member

Finally got my Stage 1 kit from JDM and have it installed. Wow, what a difference !! The stumbling and hesitation at cold is GONE and when you hit the throttle, you can actually hear the supercharger and the performance is a big improvement !!

I am into having a car or truck as stock as possible, so to really make the engine compartment look "stock" I have had a new aluminum nameplate made to replace the one JDM supplies ... not that I wouldn’t be happy to let anyone know the kit is from JDM, but I could not resist making the engine compartment look stock. I modeled the nameplate after the one on my '03 Harley F150. Have included some photos below showing the install and the replacement vs. JDM name plate. I have a few additional nameplates I am planning to put up on eBay, so stay tuned if you are interested.

I know there have been a lot of posts based on the pros and cons for the JDM and Troyer kits, but my experience with JDM pre and post sale have been very positive. I’m sure the Troyer kit is great as well, just wanted that stock look.

Here are some pictres of the install ... the last photo is of the nameplate JDM delivers with the kit ... the first three are with my modified nameplate.

2008 S331 SC, Bumper #21
2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Coupe
1994 F150 Extended Cab, 4.9L, 5 spd
1966 Ford 7 Litre Convertible, 4spd, 428 V8
1966 Ford Country Squire, 390 V8
1966 Ford Custom, Original Washington State Patrol Car, "P Code" 428 V8
1965 Ford T-Bird Landau, 390 V8
1958 Edsel Corsair (Canadian built) 410 V8