View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by d514ave View Post
I'm not a wierd guy. But I am human, with faults like everyone else. I suppose it's very difficult for some of you to imagine the volume of less than nice mail, downright nasty comments on message boards, and mis-information either posted or recieved concerning my purchase and restoration of the 2010 SMS Mustang #05. The car is all repaired. Everything is finally working properly. I LOVE driving the car around, it gets ALL the comments and stops people in it's tracks where ever it goes. And basicly I've had fun fixing it and learning how the newest Mustangs go together and how they work. The car now has over 2500 miles on it, I've driven it up to NY and back to visit friends, I know you would all like to see restoration photo's there is 45+ pictures of progress of repair from the day it got delivered to my shop to the day It went to FORD to get programmed and started up on it's own. Alot of the repairs were ez, but there were certain things that fought me hard till the bitter end. I managed to SAVE the original engine, but it ALMOST blew up in the first 200 miles of driving, one rod bearing completely wiped out and the rod wore half way thru the crankshaft before it ever made a peep of a noise. I'm sure the fire didn't cause this. I had to put a new crankshaft in the engine, and some new rod bearings, but it's been fine ever since. Original Tranny saved, yes the shifter knob survived just fine, new/used interior, new front fenders, nose and hood. Yes 10K worth of New Ford parts fixed the car. Along with about 5K of perfect USED parts off fresh wrecks. I'm going to drive the wheels off this car, and love every moment of it. Email me privately if you want to see more.

I don't think you are weird, and I am sorry about the PMs and postings. Since this is a moderated board we try very hard to keep it family friendly.

I am impressed with what you did and very glad you saved the car. To each his own, enjoy the car.