View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011
Saleen Forums Registrant

I fully understand the passion for all things Saleen here on the SOEC forum and respect everyone's opinions. There are no virgins in the Saleen saga. There is plenty of credit to go around for the excellent cars that carry the name Saleen.

Saleen retiring to found SMS is not accurate. Mr. Saleen to China vehicles to SMS is reality. It doesn't make Mr. Saleen a good guy or bad guy. It doesn't make SMS better or worse. It is simply an accurate account of the timeline.

When we went down the road of developing a complete suspension system for Speed Lab and SPV our goal was to build the best handling car period. We did not limit ourselves to the best Saleen or the best Mustang. We have the SPV / Speed Lab Mustang turning laps faster than the pro touring cars and some very fine performance automobiles. When you are involved in any engineering work of any kind you learn very quickly to lose your ego and base you decisions on data. It is either better or worse based on data logging.

The current SPV Saleen Mustang is a great car based on data logging and how it compares to top shelf performance cars and race cars. The numbers speak for themselves. You can not like the style. You can not like the company. You can be a Steve Saleen fan. If you don't respect the results of the SPV built Saleen you are not an automotive enthusiast.

Faster than a Z06 and as fast as a CTS-V race car. The SPV Saleen is a daily driver on street tires. My wife takes the kids to school in it. We drove it to the track and we drove it home. That is impressive. How can you not tip your hat to SPV and Speed Lab for building a car of this quality?

We work with Richard Petty and build suspension components for his company. We'll be doing an event with a Petty Challenger. Working with the King is cool. At the end of the day we make our decisions based on data and not his legendary status. Mr Petty wouldn't want it any other way. The King and I both want the same things -- results on track that drive sales.

We respect the accomplishments of people, even when we don't like them. We can pat one person on the back with no need to kick another.