View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008
SOEC Member

Hey thanks! as far as the engine rumor, why would we swap an engine just to race, okay a days labor to pull it and a days labor to install the new one... trust me if we had one of our eninges in it id be promoting it because we'd be making a ton more power and running much faster than low 13's to high 12's in competition. The fact is we are running the truck on the 23"s still we dont have any kind of slicks for the truck so if we added more power we'd have even more traction issues than we have. Whoever started that rumor obviously is jealous as to the power we have been able to make for so long and keep the stock engine together! We only change the tune and run 100 octane for racing, other wise its 100% the same as when we drive it on the street.

The sticker is actually on the pulley cover, so you dont have to peal the sticker off just the plastic cover, you can swap it 1000 times with out worrying about the sticker. Its the yellow paint dot on the factory bolts that when you break that the people who would check for warranty would see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light02atl View Post
Good post Jim. I really like the way this setup looks stock. There are rumors that you all are swapping engines to race in this truck - and changing out pulleys when towing. I doubt that is true though. This info doesnt come from any reputable source.

I have a question....if the billet elbows were so much money, how come your kit isnt cheaper now that it doesnt use them? (not trying to knock you)

FOr those asking, this kit WILL void your warranty. You would have to take the entire kit off and return to stock tune each time you go have it serviced. This means...VERY carefully getting that "sticker" off the front of your stock pulley, and reapplying everytime. I have the install CD for this kit, it is all bolt on, so it makes swapping on and off, relatively easy.

Fastest S331 truck....that sounds like a friendly challenge....