View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hot281 View Post
I like Natty's... Except for its tendency to deepen colors and mute metal flake. The depth and wetness of its look is great otherwise... and it is cheap and easy to work with.

But overall, so far, Mothers carnauba is my top recommendation. It's very affordable and the looks are fantastic. Its appearance is crystal clear and the shine is great. It won't hide imperfections, but it will let the true brilliance of the paintwork shine through. I am excited to see how it measures up to the $100 Pinnacle Souverän. I need to get my hands on some more Zymol, as it had a very similar look to Mothers for way more money.

On the sealant front, I have not used Mothers Synthetic Wax liquid or BlackFire Wet Diamond before... So it will be a fresh impression on both products. The last time I used it, my impression of Mothers FX SynWax was that is has an interesting look, and I look forward to using it some more.

I have a jar of Mother's Carnauba sitting in the fridge. Haven't used it in some time. Might break it out for the g/f's car one day.

I have never been a huge wax fan, though I seem to be. I honestly don't see a huge difference in some waxes. Pinnacle to Fuzion to Supernatural to Meg's Yellow Wax, wax is pretty much wax and all have similar characteristics. Playing with ODK Waxes did let me see how oils can affect appearance. But with a more oily wax comes less durability. So it's a trade off. Looks or durability.

I know a ton of guys that are crazy about Blackfire, but I just haven't jumped on the bandwagon because of the sunshine pumpers on the Autopia Car Care Forum. Every one of them is Blackfire and nothing else compares. Just not my style I guess. I like a variety of products :) . I'd like to see how you think of it though. Keep us posted.

If you are looking into sealants, definitely give Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 a try. I went out on a limb and bought some early on in my detailing habit and still use it occasionally. Super glossy for a sealant and awesome durability.