View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light02atl View Post
Saleen's simple solution is to just "put a mechanical fan on it" rather than upgrade the relays.

You can buy upgraded relays that fix this problem....if you still have the stock Saleen electric fans. I will say that a GOOD relay for this kit is $200-$300 by itself.
I think Saleen should replace the relays instead of replacing with the mechanical fans. Everyone that bought one of these trucks did so because of their looks and performance. So therefore no one looks forward to losing 10-15hp in performance which is what happens when you replace the electric fans with the mechanical ones. Sure you can upgrade it yourself but why do so when you paid top dollar for a truck that had defective relays when you bought it. Saleen should bite the bullet and lose the two to three hundred dollars that it would cost to replace rather than leaving a bad taste in all of their customers' mouths. I personally don't think that kind of business will help boost future sells. I am looking to replace the relays myself rather than swapping in the electric fans for mechanical ones but I would hope Saleen would step up before I do and do it themselves. I can't wait forever though. I don't won't my Saleen sitting on the side of the interstate smoking just because I didn't replace them in time.

So Light02alt where do you suppose we could get a good relay kit for these trucks for the price you mentioned. I just can't stand the feeling of loosing any hp in these trucks. I also love the sound. The truck just wouldn't be the same without it.