View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang281 View Post
I'm not sure on how it works but since ford can calibrate the clusters and you use just the gauge face overlay using the GT servo's couldn't ford then calibrate them to work with the overlay? That's what I was thinking with my first post but I don't know it the saleen servos have to go with the overlay or if the problem is still that ford can't calibrate the GT cluster to hit 200mph.
The servos are universal. They just sweep 25%, 50%, 75%, etc. Ford does put the correct calibration into the microcontroller, but they only have the firmware for their production cars. They do not have the firmware for a Saleen. The firmware just tells the servos how much to sweep, according to the values on the overlays. If Ford had the Saleen firmware, they could flash it on the controller.

If you order a new cluster from Ford, it comes with no firmware on the controller. Ford goes online and uploads the correct firmware when mating the controller to PCM. Getting the firmware seems to be another obstacle, much like having the device itself fixed.

Even if the Saleen flashing device is broken, we could try and have Ford upload the Saleen firmware onto a cluster controller.