View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar302 View Post
Should probably take a 275 or so (depending on brand), before you have a serious rubbing problem.
The quad's really aren't the issue, they can be flipped for more clearance.
It soon becomes the inner tubs and the tail pipes.
I run a bfg 275 35 18 drag radial, flipped quads. Probably about a 10.5 inch tire. I had to use a panhard bar to keep them from rubbing on the inner wheel wheel with the fenders rolled on the outside.

There just isn't the room for much wider without it becoming a serious project, especially if you have to keep the tail pipes.

As for the supercharger reproduction, be careful, rumor has it that it's missing something, I can't remember what everyone was complaining about, but it might be the bypass. I'm not totally sure, just look into it.

Yep I have to restore all of the emissions garb to even get it to pass smog. We have a few good shops here in San Jose that have extensive experience with the Mustangs so they should be able to get it all set up properly. I did the charger on my '95 F-250 with a 351W myself but I'm too busy to do it myself these days. Worse case I have property in Texas and can register it there. Or are you referring to an EGR bypass for the kits? I think they had to retain it for them to be 50 state legal.