View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie-Parnelli View Post
Hey Lenko
I think you were looking for a 6.5 case, I think I was the one who outbid you last year.
There was a problem with that case the lower needle bearing holes were not finished actually 1mm too small. I have it an engineering shop to rectify.
Not sure how many 6.5 cases were ever made I expect not many. I have a 6.5 lid on my race car and Extreme. Also the 6.5 water crossover with thermostat housing on all 4 of my supercharged Saleens. It is a shame Saleen did keep producing these parts.
Makes me feel better that I did not win that bid. In any event I was able to assure myself that mine would not cause me problems as I installed the two support bolts and it been running great ever since. I am now entirely confident in my unit and stopped looking for a case last year after I made the correction. I do however like the idea of the 6.5 case as in some ways it would be easier to handle and work on.

Just last week, the short rubber hose to the crossover started to leak so off came the charger and the hose replaced. I can probably take the S/C off in my sleep. So easy to work on.