View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

UPDATE:

Talked to Saleen Tech. A senior technician at Ford gave me a number to call at Saleen Tech Assist. They were not very helpful. He coped a bit of an attitude actually, "is there anything else I can help you with..." He said they no longer support flashing 99-04 clusters with the correct firmware.

He said if Ford called them because a customer's Saleen cluster went bad (99-04). They would tell them to put in a GT cluster. They no longer support flashing clusters to work with Saleen gauges (99-04). I said, "what limited edition Saleen owner would want a GT cluster in their car?"

I tried to politely press him for a more detailed explanation. I told him members of the Saleen forum would want details of why they can't provide any support, directly or indirectly. I asked if the tool still existed. He claimed it was not functioning properly and they are not fixing it. I also asked if the firmware still existed. He did not know. I asked him if it was a legal issue that stopped them from flashing clusters on the pre-05 Saleens or giving any support. He said, "we just can't."

I guess if your cluster goes bad, you cannot get Saleen calibrated firmware for a new one. You are basically screwed. You need to use a GT cluster or find a Saleen cluster on eBay (good luck with that).