The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > Northeast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Northeast Topics for events and get-togethers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire & Maine.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 05-30-2012
SC1039 SC1039 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 331
Default

Weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday has improved substantially. Friday....not so much.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-30-2012
tfalk tfalk is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Somerset, NJ
Posts: 288
Default

Sounds like my tow vehicle will be done tomorrow... If it is, I should be easy
to spot, should be the only grabber blue Saleen convertible... looking forward
to putting some names with faces.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-30-2012
Coderedsaleen Coderedsaleen is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,472
Default

The way the weather looks I might have to make it up there. Just want to be able to bring my tonneau cover and not have to put my top up.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-30-2012
five 0 ninja five 0 ninja is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderedsaleen View Post
The way the weather looks I might have to make it up there. Just want to be able to bring my tonneau cover and not have to put my top up.
I see how it is. You could have saved me the shipping and brought it with!!!!! lol You should come, the more the better. I just got my cover back from the paint shop today. If you get caught in rain with yours, at least I will be in the same situation, hou wont be alone!

Speaking of the rain. Can you put a car cover over the car with the tonneau cover on and top down in the rain? Mainly if it's just a passing storm, not all day type rain. It would be a pain taking it on and off if it was passing storms.

Next question. Anybody have an extra car cover for a new edge? lol
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-30-2012
Saleen_S351 Saleen_S351 is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 283
Default Soec tent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The SOEC tent is EE located Q89-90. (See attached map)

I apologize in advance if we run out of goody bags. We seem to be close to maxing our estimation of participants.
Looks like we're along the fence line again.
__________________
JMB
1998 Saleen Speedster (S351 SC) #14
Black on Black
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-31-2012
yellowpony281's Avatar
yellowpony281 yellowpony281 is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: HACKETTSTOWN, NJ
Posts: 224
Default

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. I'll be stopping by the tent. Looks like Friday is going to be thunderstorms (80% chance now) but Saturday and Sunday are looking good. Towing in on Friday afternoon looks like it gonna be fun. Those thunderstorms are going to undo all the prep work done this week for the show but I'm bringing the tonneau cover in defiance of mother nature!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-31-2012
Jason @ 281m's Avatar
Jason @ 281m Jason @ 281m is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 4,685
Default

I'm in pittsburg! Heading to Harrisburg in a few hours. This jet lag sucks and so does southwest airlines. We were 30 mins late, and then baggage took an hour to get. So it was 2am before we got out of the airport lol.
__________________
Jason | 281 Motorsports

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2002 Saleen Speedster #02-346
2007 Roush TrakPak-Race car
2015 Mustang GT

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: sales@281m.com
Web: www.saleenspeedlab.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf


"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-31-2012
SC1039 SC1039 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 331
Default

I'll be right there with you guys. I'll have my tonneau cover on also. So we'll all be screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 0 ninja View Post
I see how it is. You could have saved me the shipping and brought it with!!!!! lol You should come, the more the better. I just got my cover back from the paint shop today. If you get caught in rain with yours, at least I will be in the same situation, hou wont be alone!

Speaking of the rain. Can you put a car cover over the car with the tonneau cover on and top down in the rain? Mainly if it's just a passing storm, not all day type rain. It would be a pain taking it on and off if it was passing storms.

Next question. Anybody have an extra car cover for a new edge? lol
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-31-2012
Snakecharmer383 Snakecharmer383 is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Johnstown, PA
Posts: 371
Default

No cover for me, I'm scared so I'll be coming with the top up.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-31-2012
Saleen_S351 Saleen_S351 is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 283
Default Drag strip / weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpony281 View Post
Looking forward to seeing everyone there. I'll be stopping by the tent. Looks like Friday is going to be thunderstorms (80% chance now) but Saturday and Sunday are looking good. Towing in on Friday afternoon looks like it gonna be fun. Those thunderstorms are going to undo all the prep work done this week for the show but I'm bringing the tonneau cover in defiance of mother nature!

I was about to leave tomorrow afternoon for the Friday show only cuz Carlisle called me and told me I had one a seat in the Drag strip but the good thing it looks like the rain will make them reschedule the event to Sunday afternoon. Freakin weather. I'm not done polishing/waxing my car anyways. I'm leaving Saturday morning for the show. See all you fine Saleen folk there.
__________________
JMB
1998 Saleen Speedster (S351 SC) #14
Black on Black

Last edited by Saleen_S351; 05-31-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: More details
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 06-01-2012
Jason @ 281m's Avatar
Jason @ 281m Jason @ 281m is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 4,685
Default

Anyone out here yet?
__________________
Jason | 281 Motorsports

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2002 Saleen Speedster #02-346
2007 Roush TrakPak-Race car
2015 Mustang GT

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: sales@281m.com
Web: www.saleenspeedlab.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf


"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-01-2012
Roadfoolsride Roadfoolsride is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mason city, IA
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
Anyone out here yet?
Nope, I'm still at home watching from the computer. I enjoyed the Hershey pics.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-01-2012
Jason @ 281m's Avatar
Jason @ 281m Jason @ 281m is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 4,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadfoolsride View Post
Nope, I'm still at home watching from the computer. I enjoyed the Hershey pics.
The Hershey Museum was awesome!
__________________
Jason | 281 Motorsports

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2002 Saleen Speedster #02-346
2007 Roush TrakPak-Race car
2015 Mustang GT

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: sales@281m.com
Web: www.saleenspeedlab.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf


"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-02-2012
five 0 ninja five 0 ninja is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Posts: 139
Default

Save a spot for me guys. Roads are just about dry and sun is shining! Hopefully be there by about 10!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-02-2012
Jason @ 281m's Avatar
Jason @ 281m Jason @ 281m is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 4,685
Default

Hey guys, we will be posting live from the event photos all day on our Facebook page. Check it out!

We will compile all the pro photos we take and will post them on SOEC next week.
__________________
Jason | 281 Motorsports

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2002 Saleen Speedster #02-346
2007 Roush TrakPak-Race car
2015 Mustang GT

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: sales@281m.com
Web: www.saleenspeedlab.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf


"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-03-2012
SC1039 SC1039 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 331
Default

Here is a Google Picasa Album of some of the pictures I took. I took these late in the day and some people had already left. Picture quality isnt the best. Had a great time, and it was good to meet some of the people who frequent here.

Click Here
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-03-2012
SPEEDGUNNER's Avatar
SPEEDGUNNER SPEEDGUNNER is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE PA
Posts: 124
Default

And then we towed the trailer with my 85 on it home...gotta love the kid!





Then we came back Sunday and picked up his car...



I guess there is something to be said for the Big Deez.

Great weekend, wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way.

Hope everyone else had as much fun...
__________________

Black 2006 Saleen S281SC 06-0778
Black 1985 Mustang GT 302 4V - Last of the carbureted V-8's

Last edited by SPEEDGUNNER; 06-03-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-04-2012
Snakecharmer383 Snakecharmer383 is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Johnstown, PA
Posts: 371
Default

A short video I took before I left Saturday, some cars had left already.

Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-04-2012
SCMcQueen's Avatar
SCMcQueen SCMcQueen is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Macomb Township, MI
Posts: 555
Default

Thanks for the pics/video's SC1039 and Snakecharmer383...Missed it again this year..There's always next year! Looks like there was a good turnout...Where was the pic of Dave B. in front of his PJ?!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-05-2012
Dave's Avatar
Dave Dave is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Penn
Posts: 12,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMcQueen View Post
Where was the pic of Dave B. in front of his PJ?!
You can find me standing behind Tom's 06-0115 SuperShaker convertible entertaining the masses with my informative speech regarding 2005-09 Saleen exhaust systems. See what you missed.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-05-2012
SC1039 SC1039 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 331
Default

By the way Dave, thanks for the SOEC goodie bag. It was far better than the Carlisle bag that they gave away. Very well done.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-05-2012
tfalk tfalk is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Somerset, NJ
Posts: 288
Default

Another thanks for the goodie bag! Never got a chance to meet you Dave, maybe next time... I don't think I was by my car for more than an hour, spent the day floating around the show field. Never got to the cars for sale or most of the parts stuff... wish I had, I need a new driver seat for the 99...
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-05-2012
SCMcQueen's Avatar
SCMcQueen SCMcQueen is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Macomb Township, MI
Posts: 555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
You can find me standing behind Tom's 06-0115 SuperShaker convertible entertaining the masses with my informative speech regarding 2005-09 Saleen exhaust systems. See what you missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMcQueen View Post
Thanks for the pics/video's SC1039 and Snakecharmer383...Missed it again this year..There's always next year! Looks like there was a good turnout...Where was the pic of Dave B. in front of his PJ?!
I must have missed that one!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-05-2012
SPEEDGUNNER's Avatar
SPEEDGUNNER SPEEDGUNNER is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE PA
Posts: 124
Default

I didn't open my goodie bag from Dave until I got home...WAAAAY better than the bag from Carlisle Events. Last year we got hats, samples, magnets, this year it was coupons and flyers. Weak.

Great weekend. Like tfalk, I spent most of my time wandering around and not sitting by my cars. The Saleen clubs and marque were well represented this year, no doubt. A LOT of nice cars along the fence, and owners who are obviously very proud of them. Next year there might be another one...
__________________

Black 2006 Saleen S281SC 06-0778
Black 1985 Mustang GT 302 4V - Last of the carbureted V-8's
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-05-2012
Dave's Avatar
Dave Dave is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Penn
Posts: 12,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMcQueen View Post
I must have missed that one!
You can see the fun and excitement around 1.37-1.50 in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC1039 View Post
By the way Dave, thanks for the SOEC goodie bag. It was far better than the Carlisle bag that they gave away. Very well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDGUNNER View Post
I didn't open my goodie bag from Dave until I got home...WAAAAY better than the bag from Carlisle Events.
We thank our friends at Mothers® Polishes·Waxes·Cleaners, Saleen and 281 Motorsports for providing material.

A "thank you" to those in attendance as well.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 06-05-2012
06Saleen1287's Avatar
06Saleen1287 06Saleen1287 is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 47
Default

Dave I pulled out about 10 minutes before you gave that speech to my family! I heard all about it and how impressed they were with your knowledge of the car!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-05-2012
sidvicious's Avatar
sidvicious sidvicious is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
You can find me standing behind Tom's 06-0115 SuperShaker convertible entertaining the masses with my informative speech regarding 2005-09 Saleen exhaust systems. See what you missed.
Haha Dave, I'm just sitting there, mezmerized by your Saleen wisdom!!! . I gotta echo Jason. Your goodie bag was awesome. As I told you, that was my very first show, and you fellow club members helped make it a great one for me. Thanks again. I want to post my pictures. I never did it here. Can someone direct me to the instructions?
__________________

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-06-2012
Dave's Avatar
Dave Dave is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Penn
Posts: 12,079
Default

Here are the 2012 Ford Carlisle Event winners. Congrats to Charles with placing his N20 Saleen in the Focus class.
~~~~~

R151 - 1984 - 1993 SALEEN
HITESHUE, JIM - 1993 FORD MUSTANG SALEEN - FIRST PLACE
GLASMIRE, JAMES - 988 MUSTANG SALEEN - SECOND PLACE
SANTOS, JOSE - 1986 FORD SALEEN - THIRD PLACE

R152 - 1994 - 2004 SALEEN
BEYER, RUDY & BETSY - 1997 MUSTANG SALEEN - FIRST PLACE
DEBELLA, JOHN - 2002 FORD SALEEN - SECOND PLACE
NELEPOVITZ, MARK - 1997 FORD MUSTANG - THIRD PLACE

R153 - 2005 & UP SALEEN
HLUBEN, DAWN - 2007 FORD MUSTANG - FIRST PLACE
FOULK, JEFFREY & CHRISTOPHER - 2006 FORD MUSTANG - SECOND PLACE
FALK, THEODORE - 2011 SALEEN S302 - THIRD PLACE

NIFTY FIFTY
MOLLMAN, JASON - 2006 FORD MUSTANG SALEEN - *NIFTY FIFTY*
SNYDER, MARCELLA - 2008 FORD MUSTANG - *NIFTY FIFTY*

~~~~~

B314 - FOCUS ZX3 & SVT - STOCK
JONES, MICHAEL - 2005 FORD FOCUS - FIRST PLACE
SHAPPELL JR, CHARLES - 2005 FORD FOCUS - SECOND PLACE
KUCHAVIK, MICHAEL - 2005 FORD FOCUS - THIRD PLACE

Last edited by Dave; 06-06-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Edit.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-07-2012
Saleen_S351 Saleen_S351 is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 283
Default Show grading sheet

Maybe next time I'll put up my information sheet for scoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Here are the 2012 Ford Carlisle Event winners. Congrats to Charles with placing his N20 Saleen in the Focus class.
~~~~~

R151 - 1984 - 1993 SALEEN
HITESHUE, JIM - 1993 FORD MUSTANG SALEEN - FIRST PLACE
GLASMIRE, JAMES - 988 MUSTANG SALEEN - SECOND PLACE
SANTOS, JOSE - 1986 FORD SALEEN - THIRD PLACE

R152 - 1994 - 2004 SALEEN
BEYER, RUDY & BETSY - 1997 MUSTANG SALEEN - FIRST PLACE
DEBELLA, JOHN - 2002 FORD SALEEN - SECOND PLACE
NELEPOVITZ, MARK - 1997 FORD MUSTANG - THIRD PLACE

R153 - 2005 & UP SALEEN
HLUBEN, DAWN - 2007 FORD MUSTANG - FIRST PLACE
FOULK, JEFFREY & CHRISTOPHER - 2006 FORD MUSTANG - SECOND PLACE
FALK, THEODORE - 2011 SALEEN S302 - THIRD PLACE

NIFTY FIFTY
MOLLMAN, JASON - 2006 FORD MUSTANG SALEEN - *NIFTY FIFTY*
SNYDER, MARCELLA - 2008 FORD MUSTANG - *NIFTY FIFTY*

~~~~~

B314 - FOCUS ZX3 & SVT - STOCK
JONES, MICHAEL - 2005 FORD FOCUS - FIRST PLACE
SHAPPELL JR, CHARLES - 2005 FORD FOCUS - SECOND PLACE
KUCHAVIK, MICHAEL - 2005 FORD FOCUS - THIRD PLACE
__________________
JMB
1998 Saleen Speedster (S351 SC) #14
Black on Black
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-07-2012
Dave's Avatar
Dave Dave is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Penn
Posts: 12,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen_S351 View Post
Maybe next time I'll put up my information sheet for scoring.
You were having so much fun, you simply forgot. It's all good.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 06-08-2012
SC1039 SC1039 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 331
Default

I intentionally didnt fill out my information sheet, and gave it to the folks next to me because I didnt want to get judged, and they still got me for the "Nifty Fifty". Its quite an honor though considering all the really nice cars there.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-09-2012
sidvicious's Avatar
sidvicious sidvicious is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC1039 View Post
I intentionally didnt fill out my information sheet, and gave it to the folks next to me because I didnt want to get judged, and they still got me for the "Nifty Fifty". Its quite an honor though considering all the really nice cars there.
Congrats Jason! Your car was definitely one of the best ones at the show, and on this site IMO. Those anniversary wheels are awesome and really enhance the look of your car.
__________________

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-09-2012
Jason @ 281m's Avatar
Jason @ 281m Jason @ 281m is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 4,685
Default

Hey Guys n Gals,

I dont have the time to post 100+ pictures in 10 different threads so we posted them on our FB page. Here is a direct link to the album: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6893929&type=1
__________________
Jason | 281 Motorsports

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2002 Saleen Speedster #02-346
2007 Roush TrakPak-Race car
2015 Mustang GT

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: sales@281m.com
Web: www.saleenspeedlab.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf


"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"

Last edited by Jason @ 281m; 06-18-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 AM.


Orders placed through these advertiser links help to support SOEC and this website.

Tire Rack Wheel Clearance

When you buy one Valeo® ULTIMATE™ Wiper Blade from Tire Rack, you'll get one free!

Dunlop $50 Rebate


| SOEC.ORG | ABOUT SOEC | MEMBERSHIP | SHOWROOM | LITERATURE | VEHICLE PRODUCTION | THE SALEEN TRADER | SALEEN AUTOMOTIVE | CONTACT SOEC | SOEC @ FACEBOOK |


All Original Content Copyright © 1991-2021 Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club, LLC (SOEC). All Rights Reserved.
SOEC is the official independent, non-profit organization for owners and enthusiasts of vehicles by Steve Saleen and Saleen Automotive, Inc.