The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-03-2022
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default 02-0676 info

I'm just putting this out there as a warning to potential buyers about this car. I don't want anyone to get scammed. I checked the car out a few months ago after it had been in an accident and I passed on buying it. I see it popping up on Facebook now and again saying it's perfect and great so I'm assuming the damage went unreported and the new owner did a quick fix on it.
The damage to the car was in the front and rear along with the driver's side door. Both bumpers were cracked and the front drivers fender was pushed in to the door. The hood was destroyed. The entire exhaust had been ripped out too due to what I'm guessing was a curb or something. The interior was also a bit of a mess with trim being spray painted in places and generally not reassembled well. I was looking at it for parts mostly but the engine was running rough and the steering was all over the place so it wasn't worth it me.
If you look at the ad when it comes up you can see some of the pics have a primered hood and only show one side of the car so you can't see the door and fender damage. Other pictures show it as being repaired. I don't know what age the pics are but it was not in any great shape when I saw it. It was more a yard drive car than let's go on the road car.
It is an actual Saleen though as confirmed by Saleen so it has some worth even in it's poor state. The chassis was pretty clean except for the creasing by the shock tower. The brakes and suspension looked brand new. All the badging and exterior trim pieces had severe wear and had clearly been left out in the elements for some time. I think it had 90k miles on it.