The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > Midwest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Midwest Topics for events and get-togethers in North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana & Michigan.

Old 01-02-2009
Administrator

Default Woodward Dream Cruise Weekend -- Friday-Sunday, Aug. 14-16, 2009

Woodward Dream Cruise Weekend -- Friday-Sunday, Aug. 14-16, 2009

Woodward Dream Cruise on Saturday, August 15, 2009

Stay tuned!
Old 01-15-2009
SOEC Member

If any out-of-towners need general information on the Dream Cruise shoot me a note and I would be happy to help. Maybe we could organize a Saleen run down Woodward or an informal meet during a weekday. Typically things start heating up at least a week prior to the event.
Old 01-15-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

We will keep that in mind. There is a normal group of members that attend the Dream Cruise each year and we make plans once it gets closer.

SOEC Member and Supporter
Old 01-15-2009
SOEC Member

Thanks Wayne. Just trying to offer assistance as I live very close. Please keep me posted on any gatherings.
Old 01-15-2009

Default Woodward Ave Dream Cruise

Right now we have plans on getting up in the Detroit are on Wednesday. We went last year on Thursday and even that was not enough time to really get out and cruise M1 as much as we wanted to. I like the idea of getting a bunch of us together to make atleast one run ..and well we gotta tear some stuff up in Pontiac. I know one other guy from the are who im sure would join us if we got something like this set up. August is not that far off!! I was wondering if anyone was going to the NAIAS (The Detroit Auto Show) I'm going to be up there on Tuesday for the whole day.

QWKENUF
Craig
Old 01-15-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMcQueen View Post
If any out-of-towners need general information on the Dream Cruise shoot me a note and I would be happy to help. Maybe we could organize a Saleen run down Woodward or an informal meet during a weekday. Typically things start heating up at least a week prior to the event.
Neat idea Bob!

Speak to Jim, he'll give a rundown to Debbie.
Old 01-15-2009
SOEC Member

I will be at the show this coming Thursday with customers. This August I would love to run around with a bunch of Saleens during dream cruise. I will take half the week off too goof around. My H car stands out though. If it were not for the windshield banner those not familiar may think I don't belong! The big question will be what days to run the DR's and what days to run the Pirelli's!!
Old 01-15-2009
Inactive Account

Like Dave said work with Jim Reynolds great guy and resource. Dave I like your signature :)
Old 01-15-2009
Administrator

Quote:
This August I would love to run around with a bunch of Saleens during dream cruise. I will take half the week off too goof around. My H car stands out though. If it were not for the windshield banner those not familiar may think I don't belong! The big question will be what days to run the DR's and what days to run the Pirelli's!!
The Woodward/ Saleen/ SOEC/ Papa Joe's era seems to be interesting. Unfortunately The Club had issues with properly promoting the event for both Saleen and The Group. I believe the company did something different last year. Anyway... it was one of those things... that if you were not in the know... it could pass you by.

Really, this inclusive nature The Club developed is what Jim D, Greg, and myself have been trying to knockdown and offer something for a wide range of "Saleen Fans"... and I think we're on the correct path given our success rate to date.

Jim (R), Ed S., and Betsy B. would be some great folks for you to contact and to help plan a Woodward meeting. Since you live in the area, all the better!

As Greg and I were saying a few weeks ago... new faces are great! We don't have to continually relive 2002... or any past date. We can respect it, learn from it, but not repeat it.

Anyway. Bob - Thanks for showing enthusiasm!
Old 01-15-2009

Check your email Bob. We would love to have more Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts to come out and have some fun with us. We had Ben from the West Coast "Hello Ben" come out and join in the fun. We hope to see him again this year as it was great to meet someone from the west out here in the east and I hope that he is able to stay the whole weekend.

Once we know more regarding this years schedule for Woodward regarding a possible Saleen tour and or test drive, it will be posted.

SOEC Member and Supporter
Old 01-17-2009
Administrator

As Wayne stated, someone will keep you in the loop on Woodward '09... but I do recommend a proactive involvement. Just to stay abreast. If at any point you feel left out or overlooked... drop me a line.

Ben had a great time at the tour with the stated group last year. Something he talked about for days.
Old 06-19-2009

Alright who all is going to to be there this year? Is anyone putting something together? If so keep me updated I would like to see a few Saleens out there this year. It be cool if we can get a few together and get a spot to chill
Old 06-19-2009

I'm in! Are you guys going to park in Mustang alley at all? I didn't see very many Saleens last year, and was wondering if they were all in a different location. I say we inject a little style into the sea of Cobra's and GT's.
Old 06-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen777 View Post
I'm in! Are you guys going to park in Mustang alley at all? I didn't see very many Saleens last year, and was wondering if they were all in a different location. I say we inject a little style into the sea of Cobra's and GT's.
Where is mustang ally @

I saw a few saleens last year bubt not many they had a stand over at 13 mile across from Mc D's last year. I didnt have the saleen then but ill be out there this year with it
Old 06-20-2009
SOEC Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by awayne View Post
Check your email Bob. We would love to have more Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts to come out and have some fun with us. We had Ben from the West Coast "Hello Ben" come out and join in the fun. We hope to see him again this year as it was great to meet someone from the west out here in the east and I hope that he is able to stay the whole weekend.

Once we know more regarding this years schedule for Woodward regarding a possible Saleen tour and or test drive, it will be posted.
I had a Great time last year (Even if I couldn't stay long) Sorry, we are expecting a 2nd child (Girl) in middle in July.....Please take lots of pics...

Again,
Thanks (If things get better, I see ya next year?)
(6/2005) Purchased 05 Saleen #1004 Windveil Blue from Galpin (9/2006) 14" Saleen Brakes, (7/2007) 475hp Supercharger, Guages, Watts Link Suspension, (10/2007) Rear Slotted Rotors, (2/2008) 19" TSW Wheels (Hypersilver), (1/2009) Super Shaker. (4/2012) Back to 20" Saleen Wheels

(10/2007 Morning) 414 RWHP 403 RWTQ w/ Stock Saleen SC Tune w/o Super Shaker (Sold 2/11/2018)

01 Saleen #629 (NA) True Blue (Sold 6/15/07)

SOEC#2092
SOEC#2129

Quick Video http://youtu.be/gkiCgwzJTFE
Old 06-20-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen777 View Post
I didn't see very many Saleens last year, and was wondering if they were all in a different location.
I believe corporate had a Saleen display located on the strip last year. Maybe at a tire facility.

We'll see if MJ/Saleen is planning a similar method to having a distinguished locale for 2009 and go from there.

In short:
1. If MJ/Saleen plans to represent the brand at Woodward, owners can congregate with corporate if the locale is a sufficient size.

2. If there is no corporate plan, then it sounds like a good time to encourage and support the event attendees to organize.
Old 07-16-2009
SOEC Member

Default Dream Cruise 2009

For those of you coming up for Dream Cruise Weekend lets plan a Friday afternoon meeting place and take a run down Woodward with a bunch of Saleen's. All those interested shoot a note and we can come up with a good place to gather and a great place to end up!
Old 07-16-2009
Administrator

Quote:
All those interested shoot a note and we can come up with a good place to gather and a great place to end up!
Sounds good! Start thinking.
Old 07-17-2009

SCMcQueen - Count me in for friday. I already took the day off work and plan on hanging out on woodward all weekend, If your looking for a place to meet up before going down to Woodward we can meet at my house (11 mile & Woodward) Just throwing it out there
Old 07-29-2009
SOEC Member

Default Woodward Dream Cruise

Plans unknown! Check later.

travcar
#13-001, Supercharged Saleen 351 Prototype
#97-0014 Supercharged Saleen S351 Speedster
www.saleen351.com

Saleen Alley Newsletter archives:
http://saleens351.home.comcast.net/~saleens351/SA.htm

Last edited by travcar; 08-07-2009 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Change of Steve's plans
Old 07-29-2009
SOEC Member

Man...I really want to make the drive out there someday to do this. Maybe next year will be the year.

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates
Old 07-30-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281Saleen View Post
SCMcQueen - Count me in for friday. I already took the day off work and plan on hanging out on woodward all weekend, If your looking for a place to meet up before going down to Woodward we can meet at my house (11 mile & Woodward) Just throwing it out there
I am off Friday as well. Your place would be great. How many would you be willing to accomodate if others were interested? Let's see how many takers we have. Maybe we will need a big lot for a start point! I will PM you my contact information.
Old 07-30-2009

Quote:
I am off Friday as well. Your place would be great. How many would you be willing to accomodate if others were interested? Let's see how many takers we have. Maybe we will need a big lot for a start point! I will PM you my contact information.
I can fit maybe 4-5 cars in the driveway, + there is a empty house (for sale) across the street where noone lives and you can fit a few in there also. My street comes right off woodward so its easy on / off. There might be a few spots on 11 mile close to woodward where we can meet up too. Im just thinking that woodward will be a lil too crowded to find a bunch of spots together, but you never know. Ill give you a call tonight we can discuss this a lil more.
Old 08-01-2009

is saleen goin to be at the dreamcruise again this year? if so where at? is there owners parking?
Old 08-01-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEENJAMES View Post
is saleen goin to be at the dreamcruise again this year? if so where at? is there owners parking?
By way of JA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Albright View Post
Nope, we will be back at our original location at Papa Joe's (Near Maple Rd)

Thank you
Old 08-01-2009

k how do i get my car in?
Old 08-01-2009

hay Dave are you saying if you own a Saleen you can park it along with the company?

If so Id be down for parking mine up there and showing it off
Old 08-01-2009

i know in the past they allowed a select few to park by them, nothing on woodward itself, but kinda like a show off to the side
Old 08-12-2009

Looks like I'll be down there on Saturday. I'll be looking for you guys...
Old 08-12-2009

Well its Wednesday(8/12) afternoon and we are here in Troy...We made one lap of Woodward so far and its already insane. Tomorrow we are going to head up to Flint for that week-long cruise th at is going on up there.....anyone that is here ,,,,wanna head up there in the morning,,Cant wait for Friday...we are going to spend as much time as we can cruis'in,,,we might head over to MRT to check out their open house.We were are Dugans eating dinner tonight and saw "Barricade" heading south, also not sure if it was MJ's 435S car that we saw but what ever it was im sure we will see it again. Well its in full awing up here. lets get thsi thing going...it would be so kewl to get a herd a Sallen Stallons cruis'in around

QWKENUF
Craig
Old 08-12-2009
Administrator

If anyone wants to see an SMS 570 Challenger, Sean Saleen (one of Steve's sons) will be cruising Woodward Avenue on Friday and Saturday in what looks like a four-eyed, four-footed, flying purple people eater -- you can call him at 949-466-1351 if you want to check it out and he can tell you where to meet up.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 08-13-2009

Ill be out there tonight! Im thinking around 6 or so. If you see me stop by, Ill be in a Red 06 Saleen. It might be the last night I have her for I got a pending sale on friday.

-Dennis

Jim,

if we call him can we test drive?
Old 08-15-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Woodward nightmare cruise

I went about 13 years ago and had lots of fun.Came up in a 64 gto last year and won't be back.To much corporate involvement for me.To many locals on the streets with family cars,just to many changes for me.It's a long drive from okla. just to see a large traffic jam.It's hell getting old
Old 08-16-2009

I called Sean twice on Saturday and never got a answer. I left 1 message and then I didn't get a return call..I guess he was having too much fun in that car. I never did not see the car out at all, nor did any of the guys we were up there with. Did any one else see him??

QWKENUF
Craig