The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > Midwest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Midwest Topics for events and get-togethers in North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana & Michigan.

Old 01-06-2007
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Winged Warrior III. HUGE RACE/SHOW. May '07. Raceway park!

Please Join us on this special day for the kids at Riley hospital. This is a NOT FOR PROFIT event, and will have a SHOOTOUT (Import vs Domestic),a Racecar/exotic car/motorcycle/ and CARSHOW on the grounds. Please help us spread the word to fellow racers in the midwest. We all Thank-you for helping us. We are expecting crowds of 5K+, and if you want to inquire about vending/sponsoring, please inquire!

For Immediate Release:

To: LOCAL Potential Sponsors/Vendors/Racers/Carshow participants:
For: The Kids at Riley Hospital for Children (Indianapolis)
When: Saturday May 12, 2007
Where: O?Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis
http://www.oreillyracewaypark.com (formerly Indianapolis Raceway Park).

More info on www.wingedwarrior.net click WW FORUMS.

Check these out to find out what we have done for the kids.

http://media.putfile.com/WW2-Teaser

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/gallery3/index.html

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/gallery2-1/index.html

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/gallery2-2/index.html
Old 01-06-2007

Please Join us on this special day for the kids at Riley hospital. This is a NOT FOR PROFIT event, and will have a SHOOTOUT (Import vs Domestic),a Racecar/exotic car/motorcycle/ and CARSHOW on the grounds. Please help us spread the word to fellow racers in the midwest. We all Thank-you for helping us. We are expecting crowds of 10K, and if you want to inquire about vending/sponsoring, please inquire!

For Immediate Release:

To: LOCAL Potential Sponsors/Vendors/Racers/Carshow participants:
For: The Kids at Riley Hospital for Children (Indianapolis)
When: Saturday May 12, 2007
Where: O?Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis
http://www.oreillyracewaypark.com (formerly Indianapolis Raceway Park).

More info on www.wingedwarrior.net click WW FORUMS.

Check these out to find out what we have done for the kids.

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/gallery3/index.html

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/gallery2-1/index.html

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/gallery2-2/index.html

www.wingedwarrior.net in a nutshell, it is a Charity event for the kids at the local Childrens hospital, where we all get together, and give with our hearts, as well as our right foot!! AMS took the championship last year, but the competition will be stiff next year for sure.

Photos of Team Imports Roster for the last event:

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/oldsite...eamImport.html

Photos of TEAM USA Roster for the last event:

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/oldsite/RosterTeamUSA.html

Here is lots of photos/videos of ALL events we have had for the kids!

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/media.html

Some photos from last week at the track. to be used for promotional materials More to follow!! Thought I would share.

HAHA....I found the promo for this year!! NOT CURRENT EVENT PROMO!!!!!

Photoshoot for WWII. I notice they put the "USA" plane behind the IMPORT team, and the Russian plane on the other side! :p OOOPS.In case you were wondering, we parked the cars, they were lined up at the gate, and SOMEONE let the RED LUMINA in on the photo!! NOBODY knew who he was, obviously a "sneek in". How frickin funny!!

Enjoy!

Old 01-08-2007

To clarify on the DRAG RADIALS, you CAN use them!!! But they have to have 60 treadwear or higher. Nitto 555R's have a 100 TW rating for example, so their fine. Hope this clears the air a bit. Now go sign up. 8)
Old 01-08-2007

List of ones acceptable will be up soon.
Old 01-11-2007

O'Reilly Raceway Park 2007 Schedule is UP!!!

http://www.oreillyracewaypark.com/ap...7809&zoneid=96

It Appears we are going to have a TECH PARTY on Friday, with the "midnight madness" crowd. We will have a barbacue/Meet and Greet/Teching of your vehicle as well! LOOKS LIKE A GREAT TIME GOT EVEN BETTER!! More on this later.
Old 01-11-2007

Sorry!! This link WORKS!!

http://www.oreillyracewaypark.com/ap...7809&zoneid=96
Old 01-16-2007

Just a tid-bit of news: We will have the "TECH PARTY" on May 11th, at the track. This will be a time to meet your new team members. We will be having a cookout as well, and this will also be the time to rip it up the track, for some testing and tuning to get ready for your "battle" on May 12th. (Test and Tune is Optional)

Again, I stress that this event, ANYONE can register!! Sign up for this, as I bet you will kick yourself May 13th if you didn't. If the registration is closed, and you didn't throw your hat in the ring for selection,you might just have to wait for WWIV!

We cannot also stress the fact enough, that there will be a HUGE carshow, with everything on wheels expected to be there-LOTS TO SEE AND DO!! Carshow entrants can be done via the website, OR at the gate. There is PLENTY of room for you guys for the show! Pass this info on to the people you know, who "JUST WANT TO SHOW!!

There will also be Vendors there as well. Just go on the site, and click FORUMS and "watch" the chatter-discussions there. Definetly worth the trip!
Old 01-20-2007

Some good event info, on how things will be "played out".

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/eventinfo.php
Old 01-22-2007

I guess the easiest way to explain this event to someone is: We want to see which team of 65 cars (import or domestic) can get thru the events the Quickest! (DRAGS and the AUTO-X). This event will test the teams capabilites in STOPPING/TURNING/BRAKING and FLATOUT ACCELERATION!! So that part is the team effort. What your STRONG event is, may be your teammate in another classes weakness- got to help each other out.

On top of that, whatever "class" you are in, you also will get to vie for trophies amongst your class: 1/2/3rd place in all events! It will be quite a fun/exciting day all the way around. So........If your car is just better suited for drags, YOUR TEAM STILL NEEDS YOU!! and if your car is better suited for AUTOX, YOUR TEAM ALSO NEEDS YOU! So don't think you can't enter due to (Enter excuse here) because you CAN! No expierence is needed, and there will be cars from BONE STOCK, to highly Modded. Bone stock Imports will run against Bone stock Domestic cars, etc... Whatever car you have in your garage right now, is PERFECT for this event! Register it!
Old 01-22-2007

EDIT: Change "Quickest team" to "Team with MOST points!" My bad.
Old 01-26-2007

Any other questions? don't pass on this one up! Check out our "old teaser" DVD, for the event last year. Maybe that will get your excitement up. We all know you will get "antsy" once it starts getting warm out!! If you have any questions, just ask! Click on MEDIA over there for photos of everything we have done. You probably know someone in those photos.

Enjoy

Old 01-30-2007

Old 02-12-2007

Just a heads-up on what is going on:

Registration to race has a little over 4 weeks to go, so if you want to join a team and compete in WWIII, you should get in BEFORE registration closes Mid March. Again, you don't have to have a modded car, OR Expierence to enter! You will be in a class with the same type of car you drive now!! Don't be intimidated........seriously. Enter with a friend if you want, and you can duke it out together.

If you want to enter the GENERAL Car/bike/truck show, that PRE-registration will open within the week, and you can even register for that at the gate if you want to, on May 12th.

Anyone interested in becoming a Vendor, you can also contact us about "Early Bird" registration on that also, BIG savings on that as well. Great place to market/sell your products in front of TONS of people-Great exposure for you.

The registrations are coming in all the time, and this event is shaping up to be a doozy! It is going to be LOTS OF FUN! Don't delay on getting in, if you do, you just might kick yourself if you decide to join after it's too late!

TELL A FRIEND/ Pass the word on if you know someone who would like to race/show with us! Thanks.
Old 02-21-2007

Running down to the wire, jump in, before its too late. That being said,

The registration is going well, which I have said all along. We need more "meat in the potatos" as far as the lower classes go. We would like to see them fill up more. We are specifically looking for Focuses/Cobalts (Supercharged or NOT) V6 stangs, and all other cars in Classes "D/E/F". Again, MORE TEAM USA cars are needed in those. Import side is good in those classes (More of those is always good also).

If you know a friend, or someone in your local forum/carclub, who has such a car, you can ask them for us, if they want to enter, and have a great time with us on May 12th. Just thought I would mention this, as we are winding down on the registration process, and teams will be chosen SOON!! Thanks, as always, for helping out!

This is what we want to see more of (mildly modded or stock to fit into the lower 2 classes):
Saturn Ion, Sky
Ford Focus, Taurus, Mustangs (V6, 94-04 stock V8 ), F150 Lightning, Probe
Chevy Cavalier / Cobalt, Camaro (V6)
Dodge Neon (and stock SRT-4), Stratus RT
Pontiac Solstice, Fiero, Grand Am, Grand Prix
Mercury Cougar (v6)
Eagle Talon

Basically anything domestic you see in the WW-E and WW-F classes in the rules. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2007

No replies? Lots of SVT Cobras, GT's, etc... already registered to run. I would have bet money on the fact some of the Saleen "flavors" would want to come out and have some fun with us. Registration is only open till March 15th, are you guys just procrastinators? :lol: :lol: Not much time left to sit on the fence.............If you have any questions, please ask me.
Old 02-26-2007

Here is the area we will be "stretching" our legs!! Looks like a FAST track no?

RED lines show where we want to run the autox, not the actual course layout. LOL. Still has to go thru the MVSCC on to how much of the area we want, will be used. more on that later.

Old 02-26-2007

Here is the area we will be "stretching" our legs!! Looks like a FAST track no?

RED lines show where we want to run the autox, not the actual course layout. LOL. Still has to go thru the MVSCC on to how much of the area we want, will be used. more on that later.

Old 03-01-2007

Dear fellow gearheads, I wan't to personally thank you for letting me in your "home" to promote this event. I really appreciate that. There are only 2 weeks left to register for the race. Please keep that in mind, for those of you still on the fence.

Some of you on here have registered already. Check the site on April 2nd, to see the photo lineups of the teams. (On the Winged Warrior site)

You guys can register to enter the carshow, on the website, or at the gate.

I will back out of here now, and tend to the tasks at hand- gearing up for the event. If you have any more questions or comments, you will find me over on the www.wingedwarrior.net site, same screenname. You can also email me personally at gbutter@webworks2000.net We hope to see you out there, either racing/showing, or just being there for the kids.

Again,Thanks for looking in!!

Kevin Butterfield
Old 03-06-2007

Some more pix of the track........ Sorry for the double post above.

Here is the tower by the drag start. DRIVERS ONLY get to go up on top of the tower to take it easy! We will have a guard at the bottom of the tower to make sure no vagrants get up there!:lol:

Closeup of tower. We will have access to some "suites" behind the glass there. To watch the drags from!

View from on top of the tower. See the drag seats down there? GREAT vantage point!!

A photo of the "CREW" helping the Wife and I run this SUPER organized!!

Old 03-09-2007

If You are still interested in racing, you have ONE WEEK LEFT to toss your hat in the ring! Final boarding call.......... Carshow peeps can register any time, even at the gate! Teams posted April 2nd! Don't think the car you have is not good enough, it is! Raceday: MAY 12th, will be here before you know it!
Old 03-10-2007

For those of you who are NOT going to race, Pre-Registration for the GENERAL CARSHOW IS NOW OPEN! For those wanting to do just the General Car/Bike/Truck show, you can do it NOW up to May 12th. Discount for early signup. LOTS OF TROPHIES/PRIZES!
Old 03-13-2007

If you want to enter the "TUNER CLASS," (Shop cars welcome also) you can run on ANY tire you want! Gutted interiors, slicks, switch drivers etc.. You can also change tires from autox to drags if you want. 4 days left! the regular field is packed, lots of cars to choose from. This class is open, must meet the criteria also. Pm me on the other site for info, I have to help pick teams, and will be too busy to come back here and check the replies (If there are any-LOL)REPRESENT your local speed shop!!! Make them proud!
Old 03-15-2007

Tomorrow at Midnight is the "Racers" deadline to sign up if you want to join us as a competitor on May 12th! If you just want to enter the carshow part, or just want to show up and spectate, just let me know, I will save you guy's a safe/secure area to park together. The carshow registration is OPEN NOW! Thanks.
Old 03-18-2007

To those interested: Carshow is $15 in advance and $20 at the door. There are TONS of trophies/prizes/goodies to be handed out to you guys doing the carshow!
Those just wanting to come out and watch, $10 at the gate, kids under 10 FREE. See you May 12th, gates open at 9AM, RACING starts at 10AM. Carshow and Racing Itinerary up soon
Old 04-12-2007

I apologize for not posting much here, am getting quite busy. You guys know where to get ahold of me if you need me. (WW site).

Winged Warrior III Race/Show Itinerary:

RACE ITINERARY:

FRIDAY MAY 11th:

We will be having our "WW Tech", and the autox tech on Friday May 11th. We will be doing this at O'Reilly Raceway Park, and sharing the track with ORP's scheduled "Midnight Madness" event. There will be LOTS of people, and lots of cars dragracing. We will have our own "Winged Warrior" area to conduct tech, and it will be a great time to meet and greet your team mates. Since alot of you are coming from out of town, you just lineup when you get there. 6PM-???? Since it is Midnight madness night, my guess is, they are open till at least midnight. Once your car is teched, and stickered, you are free to go. For those wanting to stay, and race, the track will charge you $15 to do that. You can let us know in advance if you want to race Friday, so we can hold back a ticket for you to do that. The track will have food and drink there for you to purchase, if you need it.
You will also get your car numbering on Friday night, along with your "T" shirt to wear on raceday. Further instructions will be given at this time also. The gate of entry, is the North gate. We will give the racers instructions on what to do, so we can pull you out of the line, and get you to tech. More on that soon.
Those who CANNOT tech on Friday Night, MUST be at the track Saturday at 7AM SHARP to tech.

SATURDAY MAY 12th:

Those NOT teched Friday, must be at the track at 7AM SHARP for tech
Vendors setup at 7-8AM
Volunteers arrive at 8AM
Drivers arrive at 7:00AM for tech (Drag tech for 1st group)
Course walk at 8:00-9:30
Drivers meeting 9:30
Flag drops at 10AM.
Trophy presentation 6PM.
You will have approx. 2 hours per event: (Drag/autox/carshow). The "Carshow" is different then the GENERAL CARSHOW, as this is actually your "Break" time. Your time to walk around, rest, eat, drink, watch the other racers, or check out the GENERAL CARSHOW.
The events will be scored 40% drag/40% autox/20% carshow. You will have 5 passes down the dragstrip, and 3 passes on the large autox course. You can (at your discretion) waive the remainder of the runs, after you get ONE run in the books for a team score.
The track will be VHT prepped for each group. Faster cars can get first dibs on the "glue", whereas, the AWD cars might want to go last in your group if you don't want the VHT (Glue).
Entry for Racers and Volunteers is the south Gate, and Carshow and General public enter thru the western gates, see photo.

GENERAL CARSHOW ONLY ITINERARY:

Winged Warrior III Speed Challenge and CARSHOW. Here is the "General Carshow" info!
Where? O?Reilly Raceway Park ? Indianapolis, Indiana
When? Saturday, May 12 ? 9am-4pm
1st, 2nd, 3rd place trophies given in 20 classes including: Sport compact foreign & domestic, mini truck foreign & domestic, car classes, truck classes, muscle car, sports car, classic car, luxury car, lowrider car & truck, 4x4 truck, SUV classes and more!
Also given away: Best of Show, Best Domestic Car, Best Foreign Car, Best Truck, Best Engine, Best Paint, Best Interior, Best Unfinished and Club participation.
Schedule of Events ? Car show registration 9am-1pm, Drive-thru judging 10am-2pm, Awards 3pm
Pre-registration is now, till May 5th. Paypal account is gbutter@webworks2000.net
Old 04-26-2007

You guys/gals want us to "save" you a spot inside the fence? For those coming out for the General Carshow portion? Let me know. Will try to keep you all together if you want.

Old 05-04-2007

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/forum2/...pic.php?t=3099

TECH IS FRIDAY, FOR THOSE RACING!!
Old 05-25-2007

Final Photos of the event. Thanks for helping me get the word out. Enjoy!

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/media.php
Old 07-01-2007

TOTAL AMOUNT FOR THE KIDS FROM WWIII IS: $15,288.00

Amount of $2.23 stays in the account. (Got to leave something in there.) :lol: :lol: :lol: Great job guys! I want to personally thank everyone, including Mike at ORP, ALL sponsors/Vendors, racers, people behind the scenes, Mikey/Brian/Dale and all the volunteers. Without all you have done, we wouldn't have been able to do this, nor raise so much for the kids! Lets triple it for next year!

TO RECAP:

WW0: (Carshow only) $290 raised for indegent kids to buy them Christmas gifts.

WWI: Mt. Comfort airport: $1900-ish

WWII: Anderson Airport: $5000-ish

WWIII: O'Reilly Raceway Park $15,288.00

So............. $22,478 was raised since we started this endeavor. Not too bad, and it is making a difference in the kids' lives. My/our alternative would be to sit on the sideline and do nothing- life is too short for doing that! I say $50K at least next year! Who agrees with me?

That check will be presented to the Cheer Guild Tomorrow at their Luncheon. I am sure they will come on here and comment. :thumbup: :thumbup:

The trend is going UP, so that is a great growth curve, and shows we are on the right path to success. Again, thanks to all. :headbang :headbang