The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > Midwest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Midwest Topics for events and get-togethers in North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana & Michigan.

Old 08-01-2011
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Saleen Nationals 2011! - Anyone Going to this?

I'm going to the Saleen Nationals this thursday!!!! I can't wait. Anyone going? Let me know, I'll make it a point to say hi.

http://www.saleenclubofamerica.com/nationals/2011/
2008 S281 S/C Convertible #12c ("c" stands for Canadian made Saleen version)
Old 08-01-2011
SOEC Member

Pretty sure I will be there, but the car won't make it.

Have a safe drive down.

'00 Saleen SC Spdstr, Extreme Rainbow #387
'02 Saleen Extreme Coupe, Extreme Rainbow #019
'03 Saleen SA-20 Anniversary Speedster #03
Old 08-01-2011
Inactive Account

I moved the thread to the correct section before anyone thinks we deleted it.

I was going to try and make it out, however I have an more important event that weekend Taylor's 4th Brithday party. It sounds like they are going to have a good turn out, last week they had about 75 cars plus whatever they get day of show. I am all of promoting the Saleen hobby. I hope they break the 100 mark and I think they can do it. If you can make it out go, you will meet some great people and see some amazing cars.
Old 08-01-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

We'll be rolling in Thursday afternoon with Tony & Brenda Day, his buddy Pete, Fred from CO, and Matt and his Father from Toronto!
Can't wait to see everyone again, a year has been too long!
Wackey, hug your daughter for us my friend!
Old 08-01-2011
SOEC Member

Default SCOA Nationals - Agenda - A can't miss event!

Wish you could make it Greg, but enjoy those years when you kids are little. I just went out with my oldest Saturday night as she turned 21 at midnight! Closed down the bars with her and her friends!

We have a great weekend planned. An informal gathering Thursday evening for those early arrivals, then the fun starts Friday. We've got a GREAT cruise planned through southeastern Indiana's hills, valleys and finally, along the Ohio River. Lunch will be at one of our members farms along the way and is provided by the club. An optional tour of the Kentucky Speedway winds up a great afternoon as we cruise back to the Riverboat Inn, site of the show and host hotel.

Friday evening we'll have a pizza welcome bash, with the club picking up the tab for the pizza. Our special guest, Kenny Brown and wife Cari, will be arriving in the afternoon and will be part of the evenings festivities.

Saturday is the big show. We have 4+ acres on the Riverboat great lawn along the Ohio River. What a venue! Kenny will be there and he'll contribute some memorabilia along with some other things we have in a silent auction to benefit Cystic Fibrosis. Word has it an old crash part from back in the '80's will find it's way to ebay, with 100% benefiting CFF.

That evening we have the banquet hall at the historic Broadway Inn and Tavern in downtown Madison booked where Kenny will talk about his days at Saleen, Kenny Brown Performance and his new venture with Heidts and his struggle with his personal health these past few years. Should be quite inspirational! Did I mention that we'll have the first Saleen to win a race as well as the first Saleen to win a championship at the show, both cars Kenny crew cheifed on? Yep, 86-19R and 87-19R will be there.

Sunday we have a See Ya Breakfast, then a tour scheduled of Madison's crown jewel, the Lanier Mansion. After that, we encourage people to explore the area on their own, or make way for home.

Hope to see everyone out. It's going to be a great weekend. And yes, both my cars will have the SCOA and the SOEC stickers displayed on the car. Both clubs bring different and unique things to the hobby, and there's no reason any Saleen enthusiast shouldn't belong to both.

See you in Madison!

Dan Aiken
SCOA Nationals Show Chair
http://www/saleenclubofamerica.com/nationals/2011
Old 08-01-2011
SOEC Member

Dan- Thanks again for your hard work. I will be there as well and bringing a few cars. The WSM pres will be showing with me in a nice BLACK truck, and another WSM member in the back seat. How I got outnumbered in my own vehicle is beyond me but thats what good friends and Saleens are all about. Hope to meet a bunch from this site there.
Old 08-01-2011
Account with Invalid Email

We are VERY excited about this event and look forward to offering a little "southern hospitality" to EVERYONE who attends...

Please, if you don't me - introduce yourself, I'd like to meet you!

Just look for the guy who looks like a bobble head....

Safe travels everyone - and see you Thursday!!

1999 S281-SC Speedster
#008 - Laser Red

1985 Hatchback
#127 - White & Gold
Old 08-01-2011
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Dan, you've done a great job planning this event and I'm sorry I can't make it.
Hopefully I can bend your ear afterwards as I try and do one down here in Texas in the next couple of years.
Yall have a great time!
Joe
Old 08-02-2011
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesgt281 View Post
Dan, you've done a great job planning this event and I'm sorry I can't make it.
Hopefully I can bend your ear afterwards as I try and do one down here in Texas in the next couple of years.
Yall have a great time!
Joe

I think we have all been waiting for one in Texas !!
Old 08-09-2011

Fyi...IT WAS AN AWESOME TIME!! Thanks Dan, Tony & Tony, for putting on a great show.
2008 S281 S/C Convertible #12c ("c" stands for Canadian made Saleen version)
Old 08-09-2011
SOEC Member

Pics?
Old 08-09-2011
SOEC Member

Default Pics

We had an awesome time. Car count was down, but we knew it would be. Didn't matter though. All had the time of their lives. Kenny Brown was awesome! He shared stories about the early days of racing and what his company is up to now, as well as his health issues.

Here are some pics of the entire weekend. In all, we raised over $3000 for Cystic Fibrosis. Thanks to everyone who donated. Hope to see you at the Kenny Brown Reunion on September 9-11!

Dan

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=05318...2C51F41%213512
Old 08-09-2011
Inactive Account

That is GREAT, we need more events like this a crazy good time, acting like kids again :)
Old 08-09-2011

Thanks for the pics, looks like a good time was had by all!