The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > Midwest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Midwest Topics for events and get-togethers in North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana & Michigan.

Old 07-31-2012
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Wisconsin/Illinois Members - September 16, 2012 Event at BlackDog Racing

Wisconsin/Illinois Members - September 16, 2012 Event at BlackDog Racing

Sunday – September 16, 2012 BlackDog Racing Open House and Car Show. This event will feature the World Challenge Race Cars of Tony Gaples and Black Dog Racing/BlackDog Speed Shop Open House (And a car show with all of our cars).

If you are not familiar with Black Dog racing, they compete on the World Challenge Series. BlackDog Racing is led by Tony Gaples and Ray Sorenson (Crew Chief). For Prior to joining BlackDog Racing, Ray was the chief mechanic for Michael Andretti. His nine years with the team were highlighted by two CART Indy Car Championships (Michael Andretti in 1991 and Nigel Mansell in 1993), thirty one race wins, and thirty two pole positions.

I will be putting together a meeting spot to drive down to the open house (From Wisconsin). More details to follow, or just email me at jmg853@gmail.com. Otherwise, just meet at BlackDog Racing.

BlackDog Racing/ BlackDog Speed Shop Open House/Car Show
  • Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
  • Location - BlackDog Racing - 505 Bond Street, Lincolnshire, IL
  • All makes, models of cars are invited, including race cars
  • Open House – With a tour conducted by Ray at 1:45 PM
  • More details on the meeting spot for people driving down from Wisconsin – Plan on leaving at promptly 12:00 PM Noon
I hope that you can make it.
Old 07-31-2012
SOEC Member

I live 5 minutes from there. Always have a "few" Saleens hanging around. See you there!
Old 07-31-2012
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I hope mine will be up, running right, and looking sharp by then. If not I'm "stealing" one of Scott's.
Old 07-31-2012
Account with Invalid Email

Maybe I'll.cruise down. If work let's me off???
1986 #0047 GREY HATCH
1988 #0514 RED CONVERT
1988 #0007 WHITE SPORTRUCK
1989 #0344 BLACK HATCH
1995 #0024 WHITE S351 CONVERT
Old 09-05-2012
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Details - See everyone there!

Sunday, September 16, 2012 BlackDog Racing Open House and Car Show at 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM

I hope that you had a nice weekend. We are approaching the Sunday, September 16, 2012 BlackDog Racing Open House and Car Show at 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM. This event will feature the World Challenge Race Cars of Tony Gaples and BlackDog Racing/BlackDog Speed Shop Open House (And a car show with all of our cars). Just so everyone is aware, BlackDog works on muscle, old and new cars, europena imports, japanese imports, and exotics. In fact, they are building a “new” 1969 Camaro Z28. Refreshments will be provided (Water, Soda).

If you are not familiar with Black Dog racing, they compete on the World Challenge Series. BlackDog Racing is led by Tony Gaples and Ray Sorenson (Crew Chief). For Prior to joining BlackDog Racing, Ray was the chief mechanic for Michael Andretti. His nine years with the team were highlighted by two CART Indy Car Championships (Michael Andretti in 1991 and Nigel Mansell in 1993), thirty one race wins, and thirty two pole positions. Ray will be conducting a tour at 1:45 PM.

If you are interested in meeting to drive down to the event together, we will be meeting at the College Avenue Park and Ride Lot - Southwest corner at 12:00 Noon - http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/...ts/mil4020.htm. We will be departing promptly at 12:10 PM. You will need to print your own directions to 505 Bond Street, Lincolnshire, IL. There are two tolls so be sure to either bring toll money (change) or your I-Pass. If you are not coming from Wisconsin, we will meet you at BlackDog Racing.

BlackDog Racing/ BlackDog Speed Shop Open House/Car Show
· Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
· Location - BlackDog Racing - 505 Bond Street, Lincolnshire, IL
· All makes, models of cars are invited, including race cars
· Open House – With a tour conducted by Ray at 1:45 PM