The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > Midwest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Midwest Topics for events and get-togethers in North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana & Michigan.

Old 07-29-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Default mid west GTG

hello to all, was wondering if people would be interested in having a GTG. I live in the suburbs of Chicago and was wondering if people wanted to do a GTG to put faces to avitars. I used to belong to the Viper truck club of america, and would put togeather a few meetings a year for the comunity and would do a cruise meet every 2 weeks fort he people near me. if anyone is interested in doing a GTG please let me know.
Old 07-29-2009
Administrator

Would the primary target be Illinois owners?
Old 07-29-2009

anyone can come. all members are welcome. just wanted to get a mid western chapter started. this way we can get togeather and maybe do some shows and cruise nights. its always fun when you can get like minded people together. I would never turn anyone away from a gathering. I have had people as far a sweeden come to a GTG. just figured if we could get some people togeather maybe like once a month or so to do local car shows or just get together to talk shop would be good. then others might follow then we could get like a southern, west coast and east coast saleen groups going then have like a GTG for for all the owners once a year. Ive done this with my viper club and the cobra clubs i have been envolved with. its great fun for all.

Last edited by avmech; 07-29-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2009

I know some people dont like to get that envolved, and thats fine but I like to meet people and have some fun, There is a huge car show in Mendota il that I attend, its a nice ride out there and its an all day event. The show has every thing under the sun, they shut down the whole town and get about 400 cars in and they are jugged pretty fairly. thay have bands huge carnavel and it will be on speed channel. these are some of the events I would like people in the are to go to. Last time I went i had 8 cars drive down with me.
Old 07-29-2009
Administrator

We can help where we can. We can zero in on Illinois owners and work a small radius out from there.
Old 07-29-2009

sounds good. would like to get people more envolved with the SOEC. If anyone would like to come out here one day or if they are out this way on business just drop a note and ill make it happen.
Old 07-30-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I was just up to downtown Chicago yesterday. I'm up there once a month on business. I'm usually there for 2 days. The company I work for is on West Kinzie across from Harry Caray's. My wife and I also love to head up to Chicago for short trips. I'd be interested in doing a get together.
Old 07-30-2009

sounds good, just drop me a line before you come up. my wife and I will try and put something togeather.
Old 08-01-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

You are more then welcome to join us (www.MVPTrackTime.com) September 5-6 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway near Rockford, IL. for a weekend at the race track.

Feff
Old 08-01-2009

would love to go. used to belong to sport bike track time but sold all my bikes. if you have gone to this before what do i need to get started.