The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 06-15-2014
jnjventure's Avatar
jnjventure jnjventure is offline
Saleen Forums Registrant
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 2
Default

I may be able to provide some info on car 02-055. I currently have the computer from that car and it states that it was an extreme car. Judging from what was left of it I can tell it was some sort of red color.

Story goes:

I bought a 2003 sonic blue vert #03-024 from a guy on ebay back in Feb 04. He is a dealer and only purchases performance fords from salvage auctions and insurance companies for resale. In this case he stated he had a 2003 sonic blue extreme but told me there was some shady details about the originality of the car. He said he contacted Saleen and they told him that car 03-024 was not an extreme car and the color was correct for car 024. So he called the highway department for North Carolina and had them inspect the car thinking it may have been stolen or have stolen parts on it. NC told him a little info about the car and this is what I was told. Car 02-055 was totalled some where is Georgia (Atlanta area) and was sold to someone in Virginia. The person in Virginia bought a new 03 convertible and transferred everything from the Saleen to the new vert, except the upper back seat because a upper rear seat does not interchange. I knew all this before I purchased the car but it was what I was looking for and for the price I could not purchase one cheaper although it needed some work.

So to clear this up easily. Car 02-055 was totaled and the parts transfered to a 2003 vert. That 03 vert was totaled and I purchased it in the wrecked condition. All that was wrong with it was it had run down a guard rail on the drivers side and was still driveable. Just needed a fender, door and quarter panel, side skirt and both rims for that side.

When I purchased the blue vert it had a bumper number on it and it was 03-024 which I have since removed when I had the car repainted, since it was not a true Saleen in most peoples eyes.
Attached Thumbnails
2011-11-16_11-34-22_832.jpg  

2011-11-16_11-34-45_551.jpg  

Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 06-15-2014
Dave's Avatar
Dave Dave is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Penn
Posts: 11,852
Default

I remember this eBay auction. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjventure View Post
I may be able to provide some info on car 02-055. I currently have the computer from that car and it states that it was an extreme car. Judging from what was left of it I can tell it was some sort of red color.

Story goes:

I bought a 2003 sonic blue vert #03-024 from a guy on ebay back in Feb 04. He is a dealer and only purchases performance fords from salvage auctions and insurance companies for resale. In this case he stated he had a 2003 sonic blue extreme but told me there was some shady details about the originality of the car. He said he contacted Saleen and they told him that car 03-024 was not an extreme car and the color was correct for car 024. So he called the highway department for North Carolina and had them inspect the car thinking it may have been stolen or have stolen parts on it. NC told him a little info about the car and this is what I was told. Car 02-055 was totalled some where is Georgia (Atlanta area) and was sold to someone in Virginia. The person in Virginia bought a new 03 convertible and transferred everything from the Saleen to the new vert, except the upper back seat because a upper rear seat does not interchange. I knew all this before I purchased the car but it was what I was looking for and for the price I could not purchase one cheaper although it needed some work.

So to clear this up easily. Car 02-055 was totaled and the parts transfered to a 2003 vert. That 03 vert was totaled and I purchased it in the wrecked condition. All that was wrong with it was it had run down a guard rail on the drivers side and was still driveable. Just needed a fender, door and quarter panel, side skirt and both rims for that side.

When I purchased the blue vert it had a bumper number on it and it was 03-024 which I have since removed when I had the car repainted, since it was not a true Saleen in most peoples eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 06-15-2014
SyberSaint's Avatar
SyberSaint SyberSaint is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 220
Default

Thanks for sharing.. I like stories like this, full of intrigue... LOL

Syber
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 06-16-2014
Werecow Werecow is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Maria, Ca
Posts: 1,826
Default

Awesome car with an awesome history!
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 06-16-2014
jnjventure's Avatar
jnjventure jnjventure is offline
Saleen Forums Registrant
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 2
Default

Thanks guys. There has been a lot of work done on the car over the last 10 years and the motor is no longer stock.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 09-16-2014
Anthonys04r1 Anthonys04r1 is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: orlando floirda
Posts: 100
Default 1 0f 2

Your car is one of 2. The other one being mine. Nice find.





Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStallion View Post
Saw this thread and thought I'd post some pics. Black on Charcoal...Recaros, Alcons and all else that is stock on an E. All Original. Just a tad over 24K miles. Runs great. Just had the center pod gauges worked on, apparently they were not grounded correctly, but now work fine. Added the staggered black replica wheels about a week ago wrapped in Bridgestone's.
__________________
2002 S281-E 039
Black convertible
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-19-2014
DarkStallion DarkStallion is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: RSM, CA
Posts: 150
Default 02-11-s281-e

Right on...I actually remember the car on specialmustang.com. Glad to know. I'll send you a PM
__________________
Jake 95 Mustang GT. 5.0 Convertible (Sold)
02-11E Saleen Convertible
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 02-25-2015
OxfordS281 OxfordS281 is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvilla112 View Post
Just purchased 02-62
Torch red speedster
Attachment 6839
Attachment 6840

I'm still waiting for delivery.

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=18332
__________________
1996 #222 1 of 21 in Moonlight Blue 1 of 8 with exact options

3:55's F-Leather 2 Point Chassis Brace

1999 #259 3:08's Chrome wheels, Supercharged, Floormats.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 03-18-2015
00CobraR 00CobraR is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Beckley, WV
Posts: 188
Default

Looks like 02-42 is on eBay right now out of CA.
__________________
2000 Cobra R # 253
2004 Saleen S281 SC #227 (1 of 1 Torch Red w/ factory 6 speed)
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 06-24-2015
99v6red 99v6red is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Marion
Posts: 149
Default

I bought 02-13E if you need any info for the registry let me know
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 06-25-2015
seethrough seethrough is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chatham, IL
Posts: 809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99v6red View Post
I bought 02-13E if you need any info for the registry let me know
Congratulations on the new purchase. Great number as well.
__________________
2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 QC
2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 RC
2006-1296 Ford Mustang Saleen SC281
2004-013 Ford Mustang Salween Extreme-FOR SALE
1999 Ford Mustang Cobra convertible SA-20 clone
2006 Dodge Charger R/T
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8-SOLD
2002 Big Dog Pitbull-SOLD
2005-1343 Ford Mustang Saleen SC281. Barricade replica-SOLD
2011 Ram Express
2006-016 Ford Mustang Saleen Extreme-FOR SALE
2012 Ford F150 FX2
2007-300 Ford Mustang Saleen SC281-FOR SALE
2005 Ram SRT-10 RC CE #43-FOR SALE
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 06-26-2015
DarkStallion DarkStallion is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: RSM, CA
Posts: 150
Default Pics?

Hey congrats on the purchase...sweet....got any pics to share?
__________________
Jake 95 Mustang GT. 5.0 Convertible (Sold)
02-11E Saleen Convertible
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-26-2015
DarkStallion DarkStallion is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: RSM, CA
Posts: 150
Default Series IV and Series V Supercharger (Lysholm)

Looking at some pics and schematics...I am thinking a quick way to distinguish a Series V (2300 CC) from a Series IV (1600CC) ...are the # of ribs on the supercharger...the Series IV has 6 Ribs on the casing and the Series V has 8 Ribs...FYI...so yeah I remember somebody a long time ago said I had a series IV but in fact I have a Series V, which makes me :)...any other thoughts or confirmation on this?
__________________
Jake 95 Mustang GT. 5.0 Convertible (Sold)
02-11E Saleen Convertible
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 09-28-2015
Lookingfor#13 Lookingfor#13 is offline
Saleen Forums Registrant
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1
Default

If anyone knows how to get in touch with the guy who owns 2002 #13 in Italy let me know. I'm 2nd owner of the car and looking to buy it back. Dan-3142390135
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 09-28-2015
99v6red 99v6red is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Marion
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookingfor#13 View Post
If anyone knows how to get in touch with the guy who owns 2002 #13 in Italy let me know. I'm 2nd owner of the car and looking to buy it back. Dan-3142390135
I have the car I'm in Iowa. I have only owned it for 4 months. Not looking to sell but I guess ill text ya.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 09-28-2015
99v6red 99v6red is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Marion
Posts: 149
Default

Another question is my car 02-13e had chrome rims and it says this on the window sticker but the saleen book says my car had no options? any one else have this issues?

Dose any one have picture of 02-13e other then the latest for sale add? or and saleen factory pictures of E cars getting built?
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 09-28-2015
Dave's Avatar
Dave Dave is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Penn
Posts: 11,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99v6red View Post
Another question is my car 02-13e had chrome rims and it says this on the window sticker but the saleen book says my car had no options? any one else have this issues?

Dose any one have picture of 02-13e other then the latest for sale add? or and saleen factory pictures of E cars getting built?
Errors do take place.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 11-06-2017
OxfordS281 OxfordS281 is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,308
Default

A lot of nice E’s have hit the market last few years
__________________
1996 #222 1 of 21 in Moonlight Blue 1 of 8 with exact options

3:55's F-Leather 2 Point Chassis Brace

1999 #259 3:08's Chrome wheels, Supercharged, Floormats.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 11-21-2017
baddad baddad is offline
Saleen Forums Registrant
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: bear lake, mi
Posts: 4
Default

I can add to the list. I have 04-0010. It's now "sleeping" in Michigan. Owned since summer.
Torch Red, vert(1 of 2 E verts in 04,the other is yellow), dark charcoal interior, 11,400 miles. VIN: 1FAFP45X74F112371
Car was listed by Hubbard Auto Center.There used to be a video of it on their site. The rims are aftermarket, but the original Saleen's came with the car.
Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 11-22-2017
Dave's Avatar
Dave Dave is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Penn
Posts: 11,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddad View Post
I can add to the list. I have 04-0010. It's now "sleeping" in Michigan. Owned since summer.

Torch Red, vert(1 of 2 E verts in 04,the other is yellow), dark charcoal interior, 11,400 miles. VIN: 1FAFP45X74F112371

Car was listed by Hubbard Auto Center.There used to be a video of it on their site. The rims are aftermarket, but the original Saleen's came with the car.
Hope this helps.
Congratulations on your purchased! A great and rare vehicle to enjoy.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 12-18-2017
HookersnHose HookersnHose is offline
Saleen Forums Registrant
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Glen Allen
Posts: 4
Default

If anyone cares to update the registry 03-015E now calls VA Home.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 12-18-2017
Dave's Avatar
Dave Dave is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Penn
Posts: 11,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookersnHose View Post
If anyone cares to update the registry 03-015E now calls VA Home.
The Victory Blue car?
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 02-14-2018
HookersnHose HookersnHose is offline
Saleen Forums Registrant
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Glen Allen
Posts: 4
Default

No sir, Zinc Yellow.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 02-17-2018
99v6red 99v6red is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Marion
Posts: 149
Default

I got 02-46 and part it all the way out to a shell after it was totaled. Some guy got the shell and said he was going to build it but it was in super bad shape. There was literally nothing left on the car but glass. just a FYI
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-13-2018
rallye632 rallye632 is offline
Saleen Forums Registrant
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 5
Default

I recently bought 03-0011E
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 09-26-2019
OxfordS281 OxfordS281 is offline
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleenster View Post
02 - '04 Saleen Extreme production info
Year car number color coupe / vert location
2002 1 Berylium vert
2002 2 Speedlab Yellow coupe
2002 7 Berylium coupe NC
2002 12 Satin coupe TX
2002 13 Torch Red coupe
2002 14 Mineral Grey coupe
2002 19 Extreme Rainbow coupe VA
2002 20 Lazer Red vert
2002 22 Torch Red vert PA
2002 26 Torch Red vert MS
2002 31 Torch Red vert PA
2002 39 Black vert FL
2002 40 Torch Red coupe FL
2002 41 Torch Red vert
2002 42 Black coupe
2002 46 Black coupe
2002 47 Zinc Yellow vert
2002 50 Sonic Blue coupe Indiana
2002 51 Zinc Yellow coupe Pa
2002 53 Black coupe
2002 54 coupe
2002 60 Berylium coupe
2003 2 Speedlab Yellow vert Tx
2003 14 White vert
2003 15 Zinc Yellow coupe Wa
2003 27 Lizstick Red vert
2004 1 Speedlab Yellow vert
2004 13 Dark Shadow Grey Metallic coupe IL

02-12 mineral gray coupe
02-14 mineral gray coupe
02-29 mineral gray vert
02-48 mineral gray coupe
02- 54 mineral gray coupe
02-59 mineral gray coupe


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
1996 #222 1 of 21 in Moonlight Blue 1 of 8 with exact options

3:55's F-Leather 2 Point Chassis Brace

1999 #259 3:08's Chrome wheels, Supercharged, Floormats.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Orders placed through these advertiser links help to support SOEC and this website.

Tire Rack Wheel Clearance

When you buy one Valeo® ULTIMATE™ Wiper Blade from Tire Rack, you'll get one free!

Dunlop $50 Rebate


| SOEC.ORG | ABOUT SOEC | MEMBERSHIP | SHOWROOM | LITERATURE | VEHICLE PRODUCTION | THE SALEEN TRADER | SALEEN AUTOMOTIVE | CONTACT SOEC | SOEC @ FACEBOOK |


All Original Content Copyright © 1991-2021 Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club, LLC (SOEC). All Rights Reserved.
SOEC is the official independent, non-profit organization for owners and enthusiasts of vehicles by Steve Saleen and Saleen Automotive, Inc.