The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 11-02-2019
Saleen Forums Registrant

Question Q: Is this Series VI rebuildable?

Hey friends, new here and new to ownership, looking for some help. Had a terrible knocking sound develop the other day, I thought for sure I had damaged the engine. However, upon tear down I decided to try pulling the belt off and running the car. Turns out it runs great. One thing led to another and I’ve completely taken apart my blower to find some pretty serious gashes and knicks in the rotors and casing.

My question is whether or not this looks like it could be re-built or re-finished. And who/what company is reputable for that work. I’m located in the Midwest but I’ll ship wherever.
Attached Thumbnails
B940F1DF-4FFD-4AA9-BABB-27A37E2C004F.jpg  

9D61312D-8AD8-467D-AA6B-69FAE2C2D522.jpg  

A9A97AA3-471B-49EF-9B39-98E71F117648.jpg  

6EF45AB6-B7F1-406B-B863-20F23F76F7EC.jpg  

Old 11-02-2019
Administrator

How many miles on your car? Same mileage as supercharger unit?

The screw pack are Lysholm 2300. The cast case is Saleen.
Old 11-03-2019
Saleen Forums Registrant

Unknown miles on the blower. It’s a “stage 4” brenspeed that was put on sometime. The car was a GT, motor fully built etc etc.

Can the screw be purchased separately?
Old 11-04-2019
Administrator

I believe the Lysholm parts are available. Your Saleen case might need an expert to look it over. It may be useless if damages are not repairable to case.

You'll be on a hunt for a new-used vintage case if yours is not usable for a rebuild.
Old 11-07-2019
SOEC Member

I just had Jason at 281 motorsports rebuild my supercharger at 243,000 miles. I researched several companies and 281 motorsports had some of the best knowledge base and experience with these superchargers compared to anyone else in the market. He also has developed a set of tools to work on the superchargers and has the Saleen supercharger dyno to run the supercharger prior to sending it back. Give him a call he will tell you what he can do for you and pricing. He also offers the best warranty in the business. It is my impression the cases are becoming very rare these days and are difficult to find. The rebuild parts are still available, but unfortunately I believe the rotor assembly is a timed/synched unit and has to be purchased as a unit. It is not a cheap assembly but there is a seal inside that assembly that can not be removed (well it can be but you can not retime the assembly). My advice talk to Jason and suck it up and spend the money on a full rebuild if possible. Definitely cheaper than a new replacement supercharger. Just be prepared for turn around time. He ships you a custom box, you ship supercharger back killed almost 10 days roughly just getting it to him. (I am in Florida) Then there is time for disassembly, ordering parts etc. Then you have to wait for the return. I was down about two months but a lot of that time was on me for removal and installation and shipping. It was my first supercharger so I was OCD and 218 Motorsports worked through it pretty quick. I had a bit of another issue with an oil encrusted 243,000 intercooler that he got hot tanked too. Check them out of Facebook. My supercharger is under Doug C (mislabeled instead of Don C) and you can see it on the dyno along with some of the grenaded ones he comes across. Car never ran better btw. Trust me check them out. PS I am not Jason's personal shill lol He actually did all the work or sold me parts that I have reviewed or posted about. Good luck
Old 12-30-2019
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Supetcharger

I just went through all this just throw that junk away and get in touch with department of boost he is the best around don’t get the run around from Jason and the other guy Jon bond for what the screws will cost you can buy a good supercharger from department of boost and make more power kit comes with everything you need and under 4000.00

Last edited by bspdyz; 12-30-2019 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-30-2019
Saleen Forums Participant

I wouldn’t wast my **** time or money missing with Jason . How much did it cost you s out 12,000.00 dollars
Old 01-27-2020
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Thanks Donald, sorry I didnt thank you for this sooner - but I dont have time to get on these threads that often. Glad everything is great with your supercharger!

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"