The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 05-03-2010
SOEC Member

Default Problems w/ F-150 HD w/ Saleen S/C? - Help!

Has anyone had a problem with the 2007 F-150 HD W/Saleen S/C, losing steering, alternator and water pump power after driving through standing water. This occurs frequently due Florida's down pours. I loose power steering, alternator, and water pump due to the belt slipping. My F-150 has 113" serpentine belt. My question; is it possible to install a shorter belt, either 112" or 112.5" on this Saleen setup? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-11-2010
SOEC Member

Exclamation

If you try to go to a shorter belt I'm sure you will have to break the Tensioner Limit Tab on the Belt Tensioner, It's a small grey tab that restricts the movement of the Belt Tensioner... Use a Small Chisel and a Hammer and it will snap off, then attempt to put the smaller belt on. I would try a 112.5" belt since I don't know how much play you will actually get from breaking the tab off.

Note: Everyone who has installed the JDM Supercharger Kit on their S331 has had to do this as they provided a real small belt to prevent belt slip.

Good Luck and Let us know if it works.
Blacked out Headlights & Tail Lights
Saleen Hidden Hitch
Saleen Drop-In Bedliner
Saleen Rolling Tonneau Cover
JDM S331 Upgrade

2013 Mustang GT Premium (Black)
High Flow Upper Grille
Lower Grille Delete
Front Chin Spoiler
Side Skirts
JLT Cold Air Intake
BBK Throttle Body
BBK Long Tube Headers
BBK Off Road X-Pipe
Corsa Extreme Exhaust
Custom DiabloSport Tuning
Old 05-11-2010
SOEC Member

Thanks for the reply,
I purchased both, a 112.5 and a 112.0 inch belt. I've taken the pressure off of the tensioner and it looks as if a 112.5 will work. If not, I'll use your suggestion on removal of the grey restriction tab. I'll post as to the results.
Old 05-11-2010
Saleen Staff Users

You will want to break the tab off regardless if you can get the smaller belt on or not. When the truck torques you need that tensioner to be able to move more. It will keep the belt on better and keep it tighter. Best thing you can do is break it off.

Thank you
Jess
Old 05-12-2010
SOEC Member

I'll take your advice and remove the restriction tab. Thanks for the heads up.

Joe