The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 09-19-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Exclamation Help: Possible supercharger problems - 2006 Extreme

Hello my new family. Just purchased a 06 Saleen Extreme im truly happy with my purchase. I'm having a problem when I p ress fully on accelerator it revs up and down it will not accelerate fully. I would apply help you can give.

Thanks Reginald Smith
Old 09-21-2020
Saleen Forums Participant

Congratulations on your purchase. Are you saying the car won’t accelerate? Is the engine light on ? Do you have a tuner so you can see if there’s any codes.? If it won’t accelerate it could be in limp mode. Maybe a TPS? Your title says supercharger problems. I’m kinda confused!
Old 09-21-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thanks for replying. I dont know about limp mode. The check engine did come on. I just assumed it might be supercharger problem. I been doing reading about supercharger oil level which I have not checked. I also noticed that ford dealerships are not much help. Once I get back home I will have codes checked. How do I fix limp mode problem and why would it go in that mode? I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2020

Limp mode or failsafe mode is something the ECM goes into when it detects a problem. If that’s what it is you would have limited throttle response and sometimes a higher or lower idle. First thing I would do is check and clear all codes, and see if it goes away. It could be a lot of things, hard to diagnose on the internet. That’s where I would start if it was my car.
Old 09-23-2020
SOEC Member

Get it tuned...
Old 09-23-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thank you the info. I will keep you posted with progress.
Old 09-23-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thank you I will keep you posted with the progress.
Old 10-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-0129 View Post
Thanks for replying. I dont know about limp mode. The check engine did come on. I just assumed it might be supercharger problem. I been doing reading about supercharger oil level which I have not checked. I also noticed that ford dealerships are not much help. Once I get back home I will have codes checked. How do I fix limp mode problem and why would it go in that mode? I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

No way for ECM to determine or affected by oil level. Plugs, oxygen sensors, vacuum leaks, tune - it could be a variety of things. Good idea though to check oil level as you don't want the bearings to seize up.
When I installed a rebuilt transmission in my 06 a few years ago, I experienced a similar problem where the car would barely run. I discovered I had damaged an oxygen sensor - a piece of metal on the wire end had been hit and cut into the wires and was shorting the sensor. I straightened the metal and sealed the cut with boat gunk and haven't had the problem since. That's why I mentioned the oxygen sensors as a possibility. Scan would likely show that.

Last edited by lenko; 10-06-2020 at 06:48 PM. Reason: add
Old 10-06-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thanks for everyone's input. I found out the diagnosis today. Lamotta performance found a program to install in computer.. The check engine showed I need to replace my cats, come to found out the cars were removed. I also found out the lack of power was my clutch was bad. I found a great shop here in Orlando Lamotta performance. Jake the owner has great experience in all performance mustangs. We will see how she pulls with new clutch and tune.
Old 10-24-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Hello all. Well with new McLeod clutch, flywheel, pilot bearing and slave cylinder. Thanks to Jake at LaMotta performance all is well. Just have to do 500 miles and take back for a dyno.