The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 01-06-2021
Saleen Forums Participant

Question Q: Exhaust guidance needed?

2006 S281. I purchased my Saleen about 2 years ago and the previous owner had removed the original exhaust due to corrosion issues. I found a complete center-exit exhaust, but I didn't know if Saleen only put this axel-back center-exit piece onto the stock GT intermediate pipe or if the entire run from the cats on back was Saleen. I'm hoping I can just purchase stock intermediate pipes and bolt on the Saleen center-exit piece from the axels back. Can anyone enlighten me on this topic? Thanks!
Old 01-06-2021

The exhaust is stock from the manifold to center pipes from the factory! Hope that helps
Old 01-07-2021
Administrator

Yes. Another way of looking at it is Saleen changed the mufflers to the tail pipes. Axle-back.

The photo represents what Saleen changed of the OE Ford Exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails
390161.jpg  

Old 01-08-2021

Default Thanks

I was hoping that was the case. The photo you posted is exactly what I purchased and should be able to just buy the OEM intermediate pipes and return the car to original specs as it came from Saleen. Almost seems too easy, but I'm sure there will be some unforeseen snag somewhere. LOL
Old 01-10-2021
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackman24 View Post
I was hoping that was the case. The photo you posted is exactly what I purchased and should be able to just buy the OEM intermediate pipes and return the car to original specs as it came from Saleen. Almost seems too easy, but I'm sure there will be some unforeseen snag somewhere. LOL
A used OEM intermediate exhaust. You may need to buy the axle back section as well. It would be cheaper and better than having an exhaust shop make you one for a few reasons.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"