The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-11-2021
Saleen Forums Participant

Question Q: Should I sell a Saleen in Tampa?

How strong is the market for Saleen in Florida? Tampa in particular...
Old 07-24-2021

Looking to buy or sell?
Old 07-25-2021

Maybe relocating there in about 6 months, trying to figure out if I should bring my ‘06 n/a with or sell in California
Old 08-02-2021

There are a couple of us who own them here. Not many people seem to care in trying obtain one, I've tried selling mine a couple times at a fair price with no success. Most people are on the coyote band wagon, or chasing Shelby's
Old 08-03-2021

Strange, I’d have thought there’s a stronger demand.
Old 08-11-2021
SOEC Member

Default Bring it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
Strange, I’d have thought there’s a stronger demand.
I'm in Charlotte. The east coast is more about the Jack Rouch not Saleen, but I love my 07 Saleen because there is nothing that looks as good. A Shelby is a Shelby and everyone has one, just like a vet. Very recognizable. And I don't like the Rouch body kit. I show my car at local car shows all the time. But both cars are rare to see on the east coast. If you like your car, you like getting the looks while driving, you like sometimes talking to people about it. I'd keep it. I think you could very easily sell it and get asking price. My 2 cents.

07-55 SC Speedster;
1 of 1. Even with the mode that follow it's still 1 of 1.
3.4 Pulley, Saleen Extream CAI, VI.5 Lid ported, Tune, 62mm FR Throttle Body, Upgrade Chrome 5 spoke wheels, Max Diff 3.73 gear, Rockford punch, Rear bumper inlays (black chrome), Speedster, HID Lights, Saleen Duel Fuel Pumps, MoSaleen Idler, blackout side markers.

1968 GT Convertible Diamond Blue C-Code Concourse. Sold
00-372 - Triple black Conv. Soft Speedster cover. - sold
Old 08-12-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by kss113 View Post
everyone has one, just like a vet. Very recognizable.
Funny you mention a Vette, im considering a Z06…

My 06-0869 has just a hair under 100k miles. I’m the second owner and have service records from day one. I’m torn whether I should keep it or sell it and move on to the Vette. Saleen market in California is pretty strong, mine would be one of the reasonable priced S197 Saleen on the local market.

Doesn’t sound like it will make sense to transport it to Florida unless I decide to keep it. Thanks for the input….
Old 09-11-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

How much are you asking?
Old 09-12-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesmcga View Post
How much are you asking?
If I was going to sell, $15k. I’m the second owner, service records from Day 1, bought new at Galpin Ford and still serviced there.

Reason for the “IF” is it’s such a great cat that I’d have to look for reasons to sell it. Originally I was considering getting a 996 Porsche but the prices of those have gotten to the point where it doesn’t make much sense to give up a Saleen for a 996. Then the move to FL got me thinking about lightening up my load. However, looking at the market today I can’t find anything remotely cool for the same money.