The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 03-06-2018
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Help: IAT Gauge erratic behavior - 2007 S281 SC

I recently purchased 07-411 S281SC Convertible and the weather has been terrible here in PA so I haven't driven the car more than down the street and back. However, I noticed the Intake Air Temp gauge indicator bouncing from side to side while under power. Have any of you had that issue and what have you found to be the cause? It doesn't move while at idle.
Old 03-07-2018
SOEC Member

I had the same needle bouncing back and forth on boost gauge . . purchased new gauge from Speedlab but also erratic reading and returned . . Speedlab suggested checking sending unit and replace . . Would be great to hear from others on fix . .
Old 06-04-2020
SOEC Member

Still could use help and reply . . annoying issue and boost gauge still not working . . getting ready to pull her out from winter / virus storage and drive #1264. . Thnx
Old 06-04-2020
SOEC Member

Did you replace the sending unit? That’s the only other thing that makes sense to me.
Old 07-12-2020
SOEC Member

Took a much closer look after ordering a new $50 sending unit from Velocity Products on ebay . . noticed nut that was supposed to be attaching unit was held on by a small zip tie . . unbelievable . boost gauge works great after replacing nut .. unfortunately Velocity Products will not take return on purchased unit . . Oh well
Old 02-14-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

Has anyone founded anymore information on this problem.
Thanks
Old 03-08-2021
Saleen Forums Participant

Mine was resolved when I replaced the air temp sensor (shared part with the Ford Lightning.) I also changed the intercooler pump and I haven't had an issue in over 2 years.
Old 07-08-2021
SOEC Member

Default Air temp guage sensor replacement

Noticed you had a problem with your air temp guage and replaced the sensor to solve the problem. Where did you buy it and what was the part number?

My guage pegs as soon as I turn the key and remains there. I have traced the wiring and didn't find a problem which leads me to believe the sensor is the source of the problem. Appreciate the help!!
Old 07-10-2021
SOEC Member

I have an extra brand new sensor . . $40