The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 12-09-2009
SOEC Member

Default Roadtrip

Well, I'm just waiting for it to warm up a bit before setting off on my Southbound roadtrip to SMS. I'll be dropping the car off with them for a while, to finally determine just what the issue is with the tune (as a reminder - HP down 10%, AF ratio 10.0).

The weather looks decent today - I can't believe I5 South was closed due to snow yesterday! We Coastal-Californians aren't used to that sort of thing... I'm waiting for the temp outside to hit 40 before I set off...

Chris.
Old 12-09-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Sounds fun! I hope to send my car there in the future for proper performance mods. Enjoy your roadtrip! Crazy to hear about those weather conditions in Cali :)
Old 12-10-2009
SOEC Member

Well, the trip went off without a hitch. It was really nice to meet Spring, Steve, and the others at SMS - they really made me feel like a valued customer. I averaged just over 18mpg on the way down, at a very respectable speed - not too bad. She really is a joy to drive. I made the trip back in a Hybrid - definately underwhelming after the S302E, but it did make the 370 mile trip back on one tank...

Now fingers crossed that SMS can track down the problem and get the S302E performing up to par! Looking forward to picking her up in January...

Chris.
Attached Thumbnails
SallyX at SMS_small.JPG  

Old 12-10-2009
Administrator

I must say Chris, you own one of the nicest S197 Saleens in existence (in my opinion). Best wishes on the service attempt.