The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121 Just for the Saleen N20 and S121 Focus cars.

Old 04-02-2012
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Looks like another Saleen may be headed to the scrapyard

I have a 2005 S121 N2O and it looks like one of the spark plugs in the car decided to detonate in the cylinder, I now have a dead cylinder but does not look like there is a hole in the piston. I did find out that my extended powertrain warranty I purchased at time of purchase of the vehicle is still in affect. The only problem is now there is a good chance that the vehicle will never reach it's former glory again the dealership is waiting on approval from the warranty company and the warranty company won't give me any information on possible outcomes. The dealer did state that the warranty company could have them pull the engine apart to the fault but for them to do that I need to approve it as well, but if they do that and find out it isn't a covered powertrain part I'm then responsible to pay the shop for their time and labor and I can't even afford to rip the engine apart myself let alone pay a dealership to do it. I really do love this car but the relationship I've had with it since I've owned it is definitely less then satisfactory. The other main thing on top of all of this I owe almost $14,000 on the vehicle and the KBB value on it is barely $7,000 so there is no way for me to sell it or anything. Idk maybe this is what I get for buying a car as rare as this one.
Old 04-02-2012
Administrator

Purchase a used motor from a 2.0 Liter 2005 Ford Focus.
Old 04-02-2012

Well one problem if I don't have enough money to fix a problem that I believe is in the valvetrain how am I supposed to pay for an all new motor not to mention I have no clue how to hook the nitrous back up again
Old 04-02-2012
Administrator

I do not see a used Focus motor being expensive. Do not reconnect the N20.
Old 04-03-2012
Account with Invalid Email

What Dave said! The 2.0 duratec motors are everywhere. Assuming, however, the warranty is void if you ran the nitrous, you should be able to find one w low miles out of a wrecked car for under $1200. Install is up to you, but at no point of logical discourse would I scrap a car I owe $14k on, especially not yours, because of a motor failure. Use motorcraft plugs, don't use nitrous, and easy on the pedal. Do NOT scrap that car.
Old 04-04-2012

hey man i just sent ya a pm.. maybe i can help you out
Old 05-21-2012

fight for your car bro.