The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > Southeast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Southeast Topics for events and get-togethers in Virgina, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama & Florida.

Old 08-21-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Sept 2013, Tail of the Dragon run

Us nuts from Ohio, Pa. Indy and Ky are once again planning on heading to US129 ( Tail of the Dragon) during the 2nd week in Sept. We will be in the Gatilinburg Tn. area from Sept 8th through the 14th. If anyone from the club was going to be in that area when we are there and would want to drive the "tail" along with several other roads there. Let me know. Right now we are looking at having about 7 cars , 2 being Saleens will be there. But we welcome all "Stangs" to come along and enjoy a few days of driving euphoria.
Old 08-21-2013
SOEC Member

What time ? And are talking about Deals Gap NC? If so I would love to meet you there.

90-235 coupe 405 rwhp
88-224 vert(for sale)
88-681 hatch sold to a fellow member
94-15 S351 vert
66 GT350
66 Vert
87-161 again 515 rwhp
87-282/ 87-xx GT trim w/t-tops
Old 08-21-2013

Yes we are talking about the same place. Deals Gap is a Motorcycle resort on the tail. Since we have so many people coming in from so many different states im not 100% sure what days we will be doing the tail (US129) or any of the surrounding roads. We will be staying at Zoders Inn (http://www.zoders.com/izoder/default.asp) which is just as you get into Gatlinburg from Pigeon Forge on your left side. If you want to send me a private message I will be glad to give you me cell phone number so we can meet up when we are all there(text and or voice)

QWKENUF
Craig
Old 08-21-2013
SOEC Member

I live about 45 minutes south and would be interested in meeting up and doing the drive with you. But just a friendly piece of caution that isn't a road for amateurs I run my sport bike through during the week and have seen more than a dozen cars and bike wrecks that involved a fatality over the last 2 or 3 years and its really dangerous on the weekends all the young kids come up from Atlanta and think they are professional drifters like the little fast and furious movies and they have no business driving that road it's 318 curves over 11 miles. More than most professional tracks. But I don't mean to sway anyone from coming I am glad to see someone doing an event here on the eastcoast. Can't wait to here more info!
Old 08-21-2013

We have driven the tail the last 3 years we have been that way. We are all well aware of just how quickly the tail can "bite" ya. Feel free to contact me via private message if your serious about meeting up. We would love to have a few more cars in the group. Who knows,,, if the tail isnt enough excitement for us... maybe we'll spend the evenings doing go-karts in Pigeon Forge...lol

QWKENUF
Craig
Old 08-22-2013

well it wasnt really ment for as a Saleen event,,, but I had to put it somewhere...lol@myself