The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 05-14-2016
Administrator

Default History Channel: S302 Black Label on Top Gear America

From our friends at Saleen Automotive.

New Season of Top Gear to begin Tuesday April 26th. History Channel, 9/8 Central

[Source: Saleen Automotive]
Old 05-24-2016
Saleen Forums Participant

Tonight!

Old 05-24-2016
Administrator

Update: Molly will be doing a LIVE Q&A during the airing of Top Gear USA at 9:00 p.m. (PST) on her facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/molly.saleen

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 05-25-2016
Banned

Not that it really matters since you cant actually buy one. Well, you can spend the money but you will never receive the car. It's been almost a year since I bought mine and still no car....
Old 05-25-2016

Don't like the front-end on the Black Label and didn't buy one because of this reason and after watching the show I made the right decision. By changing the nose it became very unMustang like
Old 05-25-2016
SOEC Member

Oh man, think I DVR's the 6:00 PM Top Gear. Looked at my guide and thought that was it.
Old 05-25-2016
SOEC Member

Good deal,k found it online at the historychannel.com Nice show! That driving blindfolded was crazy!
Old 05-25-2016
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane302 View Post
Not that it really matters since you cant actually buy one. Well, you can spend the money but you will never receive the car. It's been almost a year since I bought mine and still no car....
Ok you have that too. I have been trying to get $30.000 down payment back for two year after ordering a 2014 black label, that was never made. How much did you pay?
Saleen Sterling #15 10.847@132 MPH,
Saleen 2006 #1116 10.22@133 MPH
1966 Mustang Coupe

Reykjavik Iceland
Old 05-25-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane302 View Post
This is why I did not move forward on the Saleen....I had heard this crap would happen..I'm mean how many people actually received their Black Label? If you remember I was torn between the GT350 R and this car....well one of the reasons to get the Saleen was that I would get it before the GT350R...well I got the R last week, and love it !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5d6a6560-1fb2-4063-a1f8-65f5ffbaf856.jpg (97.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 69ea8217-3bd2-4d0d-80e4-324bfa3a6a11.jpg (143.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-25-2016
SOEC Member

Great show and glad to see the Saleen kicked ****. Disappointed in the 1/4 miles times though. 12.62@115.64. ET could be driver and wheel spin, but that mph is VERY low for a 730hp car.
Old 05-25-2016
SOEC Member

I would like to buy a new but since they aren't filling their orders I guess I will wait.
Old 05-27-2016
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelye76 View Post
Great show and glad to see the Saleen kicked ****. Disappointed in the 1/4 miles times though. 12.62@115.64. ET could be driver and wheel spin, but that mph is VERY low for a 730hp car.
I agree. If it made that kind of power the MPH would have been higher. It's very unfortunate that Saleen has so many financial issues. I hope you guys with money down get your refund before they go belly up.
Old 05-28-2016
SOEC Member

I watched the show last night. The process of the testing & how they performed the testing was disappointing at best. Three different drivers, all with different capabilities and very little data on what the cars are doing.
They would have done the cars justice to perform a RWHP dyno, provide vehicle weight, skid pad & brake test and 1 mile top end speed.
Old 06-03-2016
SOEC Member

It was exciting to watch Saleen represent so well on national TV. Keep up the great work!
1997 Saleen S281 #83B
1990 5.0 LX coupe
Old 06-17-2016
SOEC Member

Wink New owner excited about the White Label 302 5.0L #0028

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthr...646#post139646 I traveled to CA/Saleen to pick up my car on April 16, 2016. I was given a complete tour of their facility by Derek Hall, their director of sales, except for their R&D development building. Derek said that the new version of the S7 was under prototype development and couldn't be seen. It will be introduced later. They were extremely hospitable during my visit and answered all my questions. Their warehouse was completely filled with Mustangs waiting to be completed! It was not a small warehouse either. According to Derek, they were working feverishly to get the cars completed. There was a mixture of White, Yellow and Black label cars in all colors. He said that they had recently received an influx of capital committed to helping their production schedule. Now that Steve in in charge of the company's operation again, their seems to be a real effort to bring the sales back into line with historical numbers. I did spend 10 minutes speaking directly with Steve as well. I can only comment on my personal experience guys, but it took Saleen 2 months to complete my White Label. It took 2 months for the local Ford dealership to receive the car from the factory. They seemed to have a good working relationship with that dealership. I did talk with their sales staff during the waiting period. They have a dedicated guy who handles all the sales of Saleen Mustangs placed with that dealership. I will say that I did have to pay for the car directly to the dealership and not through Saleen. I did not have any problems with doing it that way. All the paperwork on the sale came directly to me from the dealership overnight. Very professional. Remember, if you order a car in CA it will have the CA omissions. There is no getting around that. I tried it and it didn't work. All in all I was favorably impressed with the entire process. Did I get impatient at times or afraid, I must confess it did cross my mind but when I visited their factory it made me a believer. Are they struggling with capital? I believe they still are, but Steve is turning it around slowly but surely. BTW, I did speak with Kenny Bell tech folks in regard to adding a supercharger. They seem to have a seamless working relationship with Saleen. As far as standing by their product warranty, I feel comfortable that KB will. They have been in business for decades! Working quickly might be another issue altogether Peace - out !

Last edited by JetJockey47; 06-17-2016 at 10:09 PM. Reason: add pic of car
Old 06-20-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

Were you able to get any other information about the S7 successor? Perhaps a timeframe for when they are planning on launching it? I hope they have the capital to keep growing and producing cars. They are on the right track if they do.
Old 06-21-2016
SOEC Member

Default S7 Successor

No, they were not very open about this other than to say that it was in the works and would be introduced in a little while and we'd be very impressed with the new car. I did attend the Fabulous Ford car show while in the Corona area. They did have a banner posted in their tent that brought attention to this new car. Sorry I don't have any more information for you.
Old 06-21-2016
Inactive Account

Its cool, you will like it