The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 05-08-2010
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default 1986 Saleen No. 181 - Purchase Questions?

I am looking to purchase this car. The owner has been a good friend of mine for the last 8 years or so and he has had for around 10 years. It has been in one front end collision that I know of and has had the front clip repainted. It is a white with blue on bottom with White mesh wheels. When the front got painted he unfortunatelly put grey stripes on the bottom. It only has 54k on it and is mostly stock. It has full exhaust and aluminum driveshaft and 3.55 gears. Also has a spec II clutch and a world class t-5 comes with the original trans. It has a spec of rust on the top of the hatch and none anywhere else. It has a couple of little dents in it but other than that its not bad for 24yrs old. The interior is in almost mint condition minus a burn on the bottom back seat. It doesnt have the stock radio or shift knob. All else seems to be in great shape will need alot of cleaning has been sitting for a few years. Last time it was started was around 7-8 months ago. He is looking to get around $7 for it but I dunno if thats good or bad... I havent seen to many 86 saleens for sale. I just sold my 88 ssp and am looking to replace it with somthing.. Let me know what you guys think..
Old 05-08-2010
Administrator

Hi! Welcome to THE Saleen Forums @ SOEC.org!

From The Saleen Book by Brad Bowling.
86-0181
VIN: 106
Chassis: P28
Ship Date: 10/18/1986
State: No listing
Owner(s): No listing
Comments: Kenwood

Other info:
Build Date: 09/16/1986
VIN: 319106
Dealer: Trowbridge Motor Company
State: David City, NE

From The History and Development of the Saleen Mustang by Patty Redeker.
1986 Production:
45 white Saleen Mustangs
40 white hatchbacks with gray interior

Photos would help to evaluate 86-0181. Most of the value will depend on how well the repair(s) were performed on the front and the condition of the Saleen specific items.