The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 02-27-2010
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Factory Alarm System? - What aftermarket version to buy?

I am not sure what alarm to get. I know this is a stupid question, but I am aware that the car has some sort of stock alarm. I have a 2003 Ford Saleen S281. I know this because the dealer I got it from told me it was in the car, and the there is an alarm light near the guages.

So my question is, should I utilze this alarm or should I get a new one. Or best case scenario, can I buy an alarm that is compatible with the alarm in the car already so I can synchronize the alarm light with it?

Please help guys. I really appreciate it.
Thank You.
Old 02-27-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayder_K View Post
I am not sure what alarm to get. I know this is a stupid question, but I am aware that the car has some sort of stock alarm.
Is this a factory "alarm" light, or an anti-theft light? I think the anti-theft deals with the Ford pass key system. The keys with the program chip in them.
Old 02-28-2010

Hmm, you know what, you are right. It is that anti-theft key pass. Thanks for clearing it up Dave, I was really confused.
Old 07-12-2011

I see this was posted quite a while ago, but did you get an aftermarket alarm installed in your Saleen?
I have no alarm in mine and am thinking about getting a good one installed along with a motion sensor inside. If you already did, what brand did you go for and what functions?

To be honest, I don't know if they will make some holes here and there to get it installed or are not going to hurt my pretty car at all. I am also not sure at what security level my Saleen should be kept. I just want it to be safe wherever I park.

Thanks.
Hugh
Old 07-16-2011

I went with none other than Viper. They make great alarms, that are freakishly loud, show a nice blue light inside the car (great repelent), and are compatible with autostart, for manual stick. And they work through the iphone. Absolutely number 1 in my opinion.
Old 07-16-2011

I got a Viper 5901 installed a few days ago. It works just as you described. So happy so far and will share a review a little later.