The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 07-10-2010
SOEC Member

Question Saleen exhaust & Saleen tune? - Questions about check engine light?

I recently installed flowmaster mufflers and an O/R H-pipe on my 2002 Saleen (non sc)
My problem is that the check engine light stays on. I was told that any mods to the car, small or large, would need to be tuned. I bought an SCT tuner, but everyone tells me that it can't be used on Saleens, because Saleen tunes their cars. Is that true I'd like to get everyone's opinion on the OR H pipe...leave it or get rid of it? I like the sound, but don't like the loss in hp. Trust me, you can feel it.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2010
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

in a sct tune the rear 02's are turned off. you can reflash over a saleen flash. Keep your motor safe check it out on a wideband saleen tunes are usually lean up top. consider 42's and a focus pump and 90mm maf to get it running safe.

00gt 10k on the clock saleen s4 blower and full saleen body kit. 2.76 upper, 42's , 90mm maf, 75mm tb, focus pump. high flow cats, stock gt exhaust, 31splines and 373's. best et without body kit was 11.9 at 116mph on et streets. 1.60 sixty foot. way more to come out of this combo sct tuned by me.
Old 07-10-2010
SOEC Member

you need mil eliminators that attach to your o2 sensors. This will trick the computer \into thinking there are still cats on the car. You dont need a tune to get rid of the check engine light....
1994 S 351 R #37
2004 Saleen N20 Focus #45
Old 07-10-2010

or do that too and continue to have the car feel like garbage on a saleen tune

00gt 10k on the clock saleen s4 blower and full saleen body kit. 2.76 upper, 42's , 90mm maf, 75mm tb, focus pump. high flow cats, stock gt exhaust, 31splines and 373's. best et without body kit was 11.9 at 116mph on et streets. 1.60 sixty foot. way more to come out of this combo sct tuned by me.
Old 07-15-2010
SOEC Member

I have no idea what 'wideband, 42's, 90mm' is.
Now i'm worried that i'm gonna blow the engine. I'm probably going to replace the H with the X...I hate the raspy tone of the X tho. Oh well.
Old 07-15-2010

saleen 715 typically these cars from the factory with the saleen blower roots or twin screw do tend to run lean and peg the factory gt 80mm maf. If you want your car to run safe and better get a tune along with ford lightning 90mm maf 42lb injectors from a lightning, and a ford focus pump since saleen cars do have factory gt pump. Once those items are in place you can get a good safe tune on the car that will pick up power.

Old 07-16-2010
SOEC Member

See that’s the problem with making a “small” change to your car, it turns into a lot of changes. When you change one thing you will find yourself making a lot of changes just to get your car running right again. It’s like a link in a chain. Once I decided to change my pulley on my car and get a little more HP out of the SC. The pulley cost me 100 dollars, not bad until my engine light came on. Then it cost me 1500 to make it right. Just take a look at my mods list, most of the things on there I had to do just because I changed my pulley. There is no thing as one small change. You will need to retune your car, call the people you got the SCT tuner from and tell them everything you changed on your car and for a fee they can send you a tune over the net. You may get lucky and not need to buy anything else.
Muzzy 2004 281SC convertible #355
42#
JLT cold air
JDM SCT 93 oct tune
90mm maf
75mm TB
Ported and Polished SC by PSE
Mosaleen pulley sys
Gaterback belt
NGK tr6 @034
2.9 pulley
Chicane SS braded IC lines