The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121 Just for the Saleen N20 and S121 Focus cars.

Old 09-19-2005
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Where to find detailed technical specifications?

Hello All;

I recently acquired an S121 and have been looking, nay, searching, for information on the more technical aspects of the modifications performed by Saleen on this car. I've checked Saleen's site and, to me, it's woefully inadequate. The world of automotive enthusiasts know that Saleen's bread and butter is the Mustang platform and their site pays a great deal of attention to this. However, there's very little information to do more then whet the appetite for the Focus.

So, does anyone out there have a link to where I can find more information about the S121, specifically? I've read about the N20, and I know there's overlap, since the S121 is an N20 without the the nitrous. However, I haven't really been able to find out what, if anything, has been done to the engine. Exhaust upgrade is obvious. One article I read implied that there was a change on the breather tube for the intake to make it more free flowing. That's all I've found. I'm curious to learn more.

Lastly, since the foundation for the S121/N20 seems to be an SES model, and the Saleen front facia has the openings for fog/driving lights, where can I obtain a compatible set to install? Saleen doesn't seem to include them. I did find that Saleen offers up the take off parts on their website...but, no information on size compatibility with their facia. Does anyone know this information? Will the take off Focus fog lights fit the facia and is there the necessary bracket for remounting them there? (No, I haven't made the time to climb under my new car to check this out, yet).

I know, a lot of questions and some whining sounds from the first post for this newbie to the forum here. No offense intended, but, enquiring minds want to know...at least this one does!

Thanks to any and all that may have some pearls to share.

David
Old 09-20-2005
SOEC Member

You need the fog lights and brakets from a 1996 to 1998 cobra. I've got the ones in my car from a 1996 cobra, and the fit perfectly.
1994 S 351 R #37
2004 Saleen N20 Focus #45
Old 09-22-2005
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen1
You need the fog lights and brakets from a 1996 to 1998 cobra. I've got the ones in my car from a 1996 cobra, and the fit perfectly.
Thanks, Terry. Which trim level ZX3 did you start with? Does the Cobra lights wiring harness plug into the exising Focus wiring without modification so that the factory fog light switch in the cabin operates them?

David
Old 09-27-2005
SOEC Member

Mine plugged right into the existing factory fog light harness, and the factory switch on the inside worked fine.
1994 S 351 R #37
Old 09-28-2005
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Mine plugged right into the existing factory fog light harness, and the factory switch on the inside worked fine.
Thanks again, Terry. That's good information to know.

I visited your site again, and guess I must have missed the link to see pages 2 and 3 for your S122. Or, are those pages new? Anyway, I checked them out and really do admire the job you did converting your ZX3 into a Saleen clone. The autograph is a nice touch!

David
Old 09-28-2005
SOEC Member

The autograph is the real deal, I took the piece to the 40th show and had Steve sign it there before I installed it on the car. It makes for a nice daily driver. If I had any extra cash I'd get some wheels...

But the S 351 takes most of my $$ right now with its payment (about 2 years left....)

Anyway, if I had to buy a new car in the upper teens or lower 20's I don't know if there is a car I actually would like more than a S 121 or a n20 focus.

I called my car S 122 becuase I was told that was the size of the motor, this was nearly 2 years ago when there was no s 121 foucs. Steve saw my car Focus comptled at a show just over a year ago, and comented on the S122. Just a few weeks later S 121s started popping up on ebay...

I've got about $10,000 in my car, I bought it used.

7,400 car
1,400 ground effects and wing
700 paint work (really cheap, but what I paid)
200 carbon fiber interior kit and stripes...
1994 S 351 R #37
Old 10-04-2005
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
I called my car S 122 becuase I was told that was the size of the motot, this was nearly 2 years ago when there was no s 121 foucs. Steve saw my car Focus comptled at a show just over a year ago, and comented on the S122. Just a few weeks later S 121s started popping up on ebay...

I've got about $10,000 in my car, I bout it used.

7,400 car
1,400 ground effects and wing
700 paint work (really cheap, but what I paid)
200 carbon fiber interior kit and stripes...
Nice story, Terry. Still a great job and you have very close to the real deal for less than half the MSRP.

David
Old 12-08-2005
skirt6458

Default Replay

Its okay, but not perfect maybe needs a bit more work.