The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang For discussion of the 2008-09 Racecraft 420S Mustang. Owners of the 2007-08 "Sleeper GT" can also find help here.

Old 08-15-2012
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Super Charger Pulley

I have just bought a 3.5" pulley for the supercharger and the required length belt from saleen speedlab. I was wondering if anyone knows if im required to have the car re-tuned for installing this size pulley. Also if anyone knows anyplace i can have this done (if required), because i live in West Virginia and there is nothing in this area that offers that type of service that im aware of.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2012
SOEC Member

You need a retune with the pulley change. If that's all that your doing you should be fine with email tune from Brenspeed or JDM. You will need an SCT tuner.
Old 08-15-2012

Thank you for the advice and i will look into trying to get that done. ould there be any other requirement needed for my engine, in order to run the 3.5" pulley. I alrdy have the 39lb injectors so i know thats good, but was just wondering if there is any other requirements maybe?
Old 08-15-2012
Suspended Account

You really just need the tune and i would get that from Brenspeed as well. Might want to upgrade the cold air intake.
Old 08-16-2012

After some research on the SCT tuners, i see that it is goin be a little while before i can afford one. So if i were to run the pulley without having it tuned what will that cause? It wont blow up the motor or anything right? It just might not run to its opitmal performance unless having it tuned? im kinda new to the modification side and trying to learn as much about it as possible.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2012
SOEC Member

I would wait till you have the tuner. Your A/F could be off when your boosted you could blow it up.

Last edited by tbar; 08-16-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-16-2012
SOEC Member

I would wait until you can get a tuner from one of the folks noted. Welcome to the club and do some research on the site for modifications to 2005-09 SC cars and you will get all the supporting mod information and pricing in various threads. There is lots of info here!
Old 08-17-2012
Suspended Account

As long as you stay out of boost you will be ok. I would still just wait till you get a tune.