The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-13-2012
Account with Invalid Email

Default Home and finished.

So here's the car with the headlight black outs, HID's, new decals and wheels. Other stuff added, but this is just what you can see. Very happy with how it turned out. Still in Myrtle Beach for vacation, and man have I gotten plenty of looks and compliments, and the new exhaust is loud and an attention getter. I'll add more pics in a few.

Last edited by KCCHILDS; 10-04-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-13-2012
SOEC Member

Very nice!!! Looks awesome!
Old 08-13-2012
SOEC Member

Niceeeeeeee
2003 Saleen S281 S/C Speedster #261 (Sold)
2007 Saleen S281 S/C Scenic Roof #542
2007 Saleen S281 S/C Coupe #235
Old 08-13-2012
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Very nice, the Vossen Wheels are a great choice.
Old 08-13-2012
SOEC Member

Nice Wheels! I was thinking about getting Vossen wheels on my car, now I know how it will look Very nice ride!
What kind of headlight blackouts and HID did you put on there?
Email: bluffmaster007hcm@yahoo.com

FS: Parts List <---- Click here for a full list of parts

Old 08-13-2012
SOEC Member

The car looks really good! I love vossen wheels and almost went with some CV2's a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluffmaster007 View Post
Nice Wheels! I was thinking about getting Vossen wheels on my car, now I know how it will look Very nice ride!
What kind of headlight blackouts and HID did you put on there?
I just blacked out my headlights as well. I did my headlights and circular turn signals with 30% film from headlightarmor.com. I don't recommend the 30% on the headlights though unless you have a 55w DDM HID kit. Because with my Saleen HID's I have to run them with the brights on at night to see. I will be redoing the headlights with their 50% film and leave the turn signals at 30%. I'll post pics in a few hours in the photo and vid section.
Old 08-13-2012

Thanks everyone. Love the wheels, CV3's. My wife picked them out. I don't remember the HID lights. A member here, Tim, with GTPerformance sent them to me. I think they are 6k? The headlights are just a film from someone on Ebay. Thinking of doing the tails next.
Old 08-13-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCCHILDS View Post
Thanks everyone. Love the wheels, CV3's. My wife picked them out. I don't remember the HID lights. A member here, Tim, with GTPerformance sent them to me. I think they are 6k? The headlights are just a film from someone on Ebay. Thinking of doing the tails next.
I think you should do the circular blinkers as well! Click Me!

Who did the Saleen decals? They seem like a darker silver then usual....
Old 08-13-2012

They are darker. They are gray, with Saleen down the side. Hard to see in this pic. Another buy off Ebay. I wanted something to match the wheels. Robert installed everything. Decals, wheels, exhaust, HID kit, 3rd brake light, Saleen dip stick from 281Motorsports, etc. Redoing the tint this week, probably the switch to the h-pipe, and need to upgrade the stereo. That Shaker 500 is just sad. Think I'm done for a bit after that. I'll check on the signals. Looks good, but just worried about my wife and son being visible in the car while I'm gone.
Old 08-13-2012
SOEC Member

Awesome looking car, glad I could be part of your project. Yes the HID's are 6000k and thanks.
Old 08-14-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
They are darker. They are gray, with Saleen down the side. Hard to see in this pic. Another buy off Ebay. I wanted something to match the wheels. Robert installed everything. Decals, wheels, exhaust, HID kit, 3rd brake light, Saleen dip stick from 281Motorsports, etc. Redoing the tint this week, probably the switch to the h-pipe, and need to upgrade the stereo. That Shaker 500 is just sad. Think I'm done for a bit after that. I'll check on the signals. Looks good, but just worried about my wife and son being visible in the car while I'm gone.
Oh ok, cool! What is the sellers name? I might try out a set and see how they look.
Old 08-15-2012

Here's a list of what I bought from Ebay and who the sellers are.
Door decals, any color, TFBDesigns. The door decals also come with a spare for each side in case you mess up or one peels. Cheaper and you get more than ordering from Saleen. Bumper letters, any color, FRYBlade. These also come with extras. Headlight blackout film, RVinyl_Inc.. 3rd brake light replacement, Toy3826. Hope this helps out. Thanks again for the compliments.

Last edited by KCCHILDS; 10-04-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2012
SOEC Member

Yeah but the TFB Designs chevrons look nothing like oem. I bought a set from their website with numbers and they are no where oem like it says. They are like diagonal lines that get smaller to appear like it's fading. At least mine were like that and tried to get my money back. Their numbers are also like super small compared to oem and rounded instead of squared.
Old 08-15-2012

That's what mine are. The lines that "fade". Looks good though. I wanted mine to be different. Everyone keeps to the OEM. With the other changes I made, and price for those, figured why not.
Old 08-15-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
That's what mine are. The lines that "fade". Looks good though. I wanted mine to be different. Everyone keeps to the OEM. With the other changes I made, and price for those, figured why not.
Yeah, I completely understand. I thought about putting mine on for the hell of it. I did put on the banner I bought from him. Mine are flat black. But I might just get the second fader a block like the first since its tuff to see flat black on gloss.

Last edited by XxBoostinxX; 08-15-2012 at 11:15 AM.