The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 02-08-2019
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Help: 2004 boost pressure gauge not working

Hi all!

Hope someone can help me out. I've been looking all around online for a possible fix for my boost pressure gauge not moving.

I read online that it could be the sending unit so I replace it with a new - Stewart Warner Performance Gauge Sending Unit 82504-F but that didn't fix it ....

So can it be:
A grounding issue? If so, where should I look?

The Boost bypass valve? Any ideas on what bypass valve will work on the Supercharger Series IV? Link to buy a new one?
Old 02-17-2019
Saleen Forums Registrant

Still stuck on how to fix the boost gauge. Any suggestions or help!?

Does any one know what bypass value is used on 2004 Saleen Series IV supercharger? What supercharger do they use, Eaton or Lysholm?

Will this work? http://www.brenspeed.com/saleen-bypass.html

Last edited by fastsilverstang; 02-17-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2019
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default boost gauge

Well if you did the sender and that is hooked up right, your left with a power issue or the ground issue. You are getting the variable voltage from the sender, but you are still getting actual power from I believe the gauge cluster. Correct me if I am wrong anyone. Also your best bet is going to the source and pulling the gauge itself but you have to pull your radio out and maybe your cluster which sucks. Never been in there on a 99 04 car, but you can only test the gauge by getting in there. Let us know. Oh take a look at the center gauge pod install instructions I believe they show an 03 04 set up.
Old 02-22-2019
SOEC Member

Are you sure your getting boost I had the same problem on my 99 and 02 the dealer couldn’t figure it out and tried replacing all kinds of stuff. My father was with me and while looking under the hood and the dealer noticed that the vacuum line on the side of the supercharger that connects to the bypass valve was unhooked put it back on and worked ever since. Same thing happened a few years later in the 02 might not be your problem but worth a check. Best of luck
Old 08-25-2019
Saleen Forums Participant

i have 04-363 with the type IV sc
mine is a lysholm 2 screw 1600 hope this helps