The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-23-2014
Account with Invalid Email

Default Help: Saleen conversion content?

been looking at a few saleen's in my area and evey time I look at one there a stock gt hood on the car. I though all 99-04 saleens has the heat extraction hood like the 03-04 cobras am I right or am I wrong? also they had stock looking breaks witch again I thought all saleen breaks said saleen on them as well. am i right or wrong? then ive heard that you can buy the plate for fire wall area as well. one more thing ive heard the bumper number is located inn rear left side can some one tell me exactly where that is so I don't fall into a faleen (fake saleen) trap.
Old 08-23-2014

oh the side badges wherent they all s281 not the running horse?
Old 08-23-2014
SOEC Member

Saleen brakes and the heat extractor hood were options. Mine is a base level naturally aspirated car with the only upgrade being the hood. It is basically a stock GT with suspension, wheels, and aero mods. You can find them pretty heavily modded from Saleen, Extreme etc, just depends on your budget.
Old 08-23-2014
Administrator

The 1999 Saleen Mustangs kept the OE Ford 35th Anniversary pony fender emblem.

Very early year 2000 S281s kept the OE "GT" fender emblems. Most of the 2000s have retrofitted V6 pony emblems.

All 2001 S281s have the pony emblems.

Early to mid-2002 models have the V6 pony emblems. Mid to late 2002 models feature the S281 fender emblems.

All 2003-2004 models have the S281 fender emblems.

The only exception to the above are S281 models based on a SVT Cobra Chassis. These vehicles have OE snake emblems.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Saleen heat extractor hood was an S281 option. It became a standard feature on the S281 Supercharged model for 2002.

All Saleen Mustangs have their Racecraft suspension package. This includes front sway bar, springs, shocks, struts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You cannot buy the serialization plates.
Old 08-23-2014

ok thanks guy that clears up a lot of stuff on these cars.. thanks for your guys time!
Old 09-04-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

The 351s kept the original Pony Stripe emblems. Only Supercharged cars got hoods. I believe 02 or 03 was the introduction of the soft Saleen 281 fender badge.