The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 03-30-2019
Saleen Forums Participant

Question Q: Boost Gauge Issues? - 2006 S281 SC

I have a 2006 SC Saleen Mustang, a lot of mods but the car has always ran great and still does even with this issue. About 2 months ago I took it out of the garage because my son was visiting and drove it in cold weather, only because he loves riding it it, and he noticed that my boost gauge was stuck on 2 psi. I didn't know what would cause this so I lightly hit the boost guage and it went back to 0. I took it out again last week because it is nearing spring and it is stuck on 2 psi again. I saw somewhere online that some people have had issues when in cold weather and running the heater and the heater possibly pinching the boost gauge lines. I tried to cut the heater on and off, pulls the lines about a half inch with no results.

Now, when it originally happened two months ago and it was stuck on 2 and we were driving, I got on it and it boosted to 6 and then went back to 2, not zero and stayed there until I hit the gauge. Now it is permanently at 2psi, and the only thing I can think of is a wire being grounded somewhere or the boost pressure sending unit being faulty. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I am now stationed in Kentucky and there is no one that specializes in high performance mustangs near me. Thanks
Old 03-30-2019

Sounds like a faulty gauge to me. Simply disconnect the vacuum line to the gauge and see if it goes to zero to eliminate that as a possibility. But if you tap it and it dropped to zero then it’s bad
06 Saleen s281 SC #206 / Black
Blue 39lb Injectors
Detroit Rocker Cams
3.4 Pulley
JLT Series 3 Intake
Vortech Fuel Pump Booster
Ford Racing Valve Covers
Brenspeed E-Mail Tune
Exedy Mach 500 Clutch
Exedy Billet Steel Lightweight Flywheel
Cervinis C Style Scoops
Baer Eradispeed +2 Drilled/Slotted Rotors
Baer Eradispeed 14 in Rear Drilled/Slotted Upgrade

Last edited by Saleen206; 03-30-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2019

Thanks, I will try that later tonight. I tapped the boost gauge on my dash and it went to zero before, not the pressure sending unit, but I will definitely disconnect the hoses, I didnt even think about in the midst of all the frustration lol.
Old 03-30-2019

All good. Not sure about the factory set up because my car came with an aftermarket Auto meter boost gauge. It doesn’t have a sending unit just a vacuum line. But I think the boost sensor is on the front passenger side of the blower. Try disconnecting that and see if it goes to zero. But like mentioned before. If you tap the gauge and it drops it’s probably bad
06 Saleen s281 SC #206 / Black
Blue 39lb Injectors
Detroit Rocker Cams
3.4 Pulley
JLT Series 3 Intake
Vortech Fuel Pump Booster
Ford Racing Valve Covers
Brenspeed E-Mail Tune
Exedy Mach 500 Clutch
Exedy Billet Steel Lightweight Flywheel
Cervinis C Style Scoops
Baer Eradispeed +2 Drilled/Slotted Rotors