The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 04-07-2006
Suspended Account

Default Insurance

What kind of insurance do you have on your Saleen? I think I maybe under insured. I checked out Kelly Blue Book, and did not find anything for Saleens. :?
Old 04-08-2006
Administrator

NADA Guides includes Saleen vehicle values.

http://www.nadaguides.com/
Old 04-26-2006

I am an agent in California and own a 2006 S/c that I just bought. if you have a specific question ask and I will answer it. You need to be careful how your car is insured. Otherwise you may end up with a $22,000 mustang Gt.
Old 05-04-2006

I am with State Farm now and my agent say's that my Saleen is covered but it still concerns me. Is collector or exotic insurance with a agreed value what i should have? How do I find a good company when there are so many out there?
Thank you
Dana
Old 05-05-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dguffin
I am with State Farm now and my agent say's that my Saleen is covered but it still concerns me. Is collector or exotic insurance with a agreed value what i should have? How do I find a good company when there are so many out there?
Thank you
Dana
State farm is fine...ask your agent to send you proof of the dollar amount of what the car is insured for. This way if the car is totaled out in an accident, then you have the initial value to begin with and not a mustang gt beginning at $25k. You need to have this in writing from the agent so that he cannot claim that he went by the vin # stating that the car came up a $25K mustang GT. Also give him a copy of the window sticker and make sure that he signs a piece of paper stating that he has recieved it from you for your records. Doing all of this will protect you. specialty insurance companies find more loopholes to not cover than they cover. They limit annual mileages and use of the car. This is the worst thing that you can do unless you plan on NOT driving your car. I insure vipers, ferraris and such due to the unlimited/restrictions of the car.

Rich
2006 S281 S/C #261
Old 05-06-2006

Thanks for the information.
Dana
Old 05-06-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dguffin
Thanks for the information.
Dana
There should be no hesitation in this request. If there is then you have a very serious problem or your agent does not have a clue what the heck he is insuring.

Rich
2006 S281 S/C #261