The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 02-22-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default How long is our stock belt?

How long is our stock serpentine belt?
Old 02-22-2009

uh oh.....your not having an issue with your new belt that came with your kit are you?
Old 02-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen190 View Post
uh oh.....your not having an issue with your new belt that came with your kit are you?

NO new belt with my kit. I am getting a nasty chirping noise at idle and at acceleration. My only guess is when I put my belt back on, It may not have been all lined up and it may have worn somewhere.

I am going to order a new gates belt and see if that fixes everything.
Old 02-22-2009

For future searches:

Gates Vbelt 112" prt no K061120

Gatorback:
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 02-23-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Mine truck has a squeak when I start it up in cold weather but goes away when the truck warms up. I have the JDM kit, but it came with a new belt. I'm not sure what size it is but it was a pain in the azz to get on. We had to knock that tab off the tensioner (sp?) pulley and then it took two people and about ten trys to get the belt on. I almost said hell with it and put the stock belt back on. I had alway figured the squeak was coming from the tensioner pulley. It hasn't bothered me much so I really haven't looked into it too much. BTW the belt that JDM supplied is a Gates belt so I don't know if the new belt is going to halp you much. Did you have to knock that tab off the tensioner pulley when you installed your Troyer kit?
Old 02-23-2009

Im getting a chirping, not a squeak. I think I have narrowed it down to a bad idler pulley bearing. When I press on the front of the pulley with the engine running, the chirping stops.

You probably have a 111" belt (possibly a 111.5") gates makes both.

If you go to a parts store, the 111" belt is from a 1993 Buick Skylark V6 with AC. It is a gates belt...$32.99
Old 02-23-2009

how much trouble did you have gettting your stock belt back on shane? I sent my tuner back today so here shortly I'll be putting mine on as well. How much help am i gonna need to get the belt back on over the new pulley and how many extra bowls of Wheaties do I need to eat that morning?
Old 02-23-2009

I had no problem getting the stock belt back on. One hand on the breakbar for the idler arm assembly, the other hand fed the belt back onto the pulley. It was pretty easy.

The overall install was a snap. 45 min tops. Shoot me an email when you go to install and I will email you my phone number in case you run into any problems.

I ordered a metco double bearing 10 rib 100mm idler today (slightly bigger than stock). I hope its hear on Wed/Thurs of this week.

You will love the Troyer kit. I cant wait to get some gears and get some datalogging done! You'll love the supercharger whine. Thats one thing I missed from my Lightning....oh...and boost...is instant.
Old 02-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light02atl View Post
I had no problem getting the stock belt back on. One hand on the breakbar for the idler arm assembly, the other hand fed the belt back onto the pulley. It was pretty easy.

The overall install was a snap. 45 min tops. Shoot me an email when you go to install and I will email you my phone number in case you run into any problems.

I ordered a metco double bearing 10 rib 100mm idler today (slightly bigger than stock). I hope its hear on Wed/Thurs of this week.

You will love the Troyer kit. I cant wait to get some gears and get some datalogging done! You'll love the supercharger whine. Thats one thing I missed from my Lightning....oh...and boost...is instant.
OH PLEASE TELL ME THE WHINE GOT LOUDER!! That is one thing I really miss about the L...I cant even hear the SC on this thing...I wondered if it would get louder. So your prettyhappy with it? ...except for the chirping? I also got the brisk plugs from him too so I gotta tackle all that in one day. A saturday with a 6 pack in the garage LOL
Old 02-23-2009

drive up here from Jasper and we will get a bunch of Saleen guys together and work on it.

Yes, I am happy with it. Yes, you can hear the whine now. You will also hear it sucking some major air.
Old 02-24-2009

you know, I may just hit you up on that, its only 3 1/2 hours away and i 'd like to meet up with some other owners. Shouldnt take long anyway,,,I figure putting the plugs in will obvioulsy be the most time consuming. Ups says that troyer should have my tuner back tomorrow...I dont know what the turn around time is to get it back to me programmed but I wouldnt think it would be too long. They already have the tunes from previous trucks, If im not mistaken they just have to down load the tunes onto the programmer and send it back to me. I think?? How many owners you got in your area...*** far as I know Im the only one anywhere close to here. Ive never seen one on the road ever and I work at the fire dept in Bham so Im on the interstate all the time.
Old 02-24-2009

Quote:
you know, I may just hit you up on that, its only 3 1/2 hours away and i 'd like to meet up with some other owners. Shouldnt take long anyway,,,I figure putting the plugs in will obvioulsy be the most time consuming. Ups says that troyer should have my tuner back tomorrow...I dont know what the turn around time is to get it back to me programmed but I wouldnt think it would be too long. They already have the tunes from previous trucks, If im not mistaken they just have to down load the tunes onto the programmer and send it back to me. I think?? How many owners you got in your area...*** far as I know Im the only one anywhere close to here. Ive never seen one on the road ever and I work at the fire dept in Bham so Im on the interstate all the time.

ONly one S331 owner in this area other than myself...that I know of. His truck has been in the shop for months.

The Troyer kit shouldnt take longer than 45 min...tops. The injectors would probably take about 45min-hour....taking our time.
Old 02-27-2009

Got my pulley today...a little later than I had anticipated. Unfortunately, 100% chance of rain today and tomorrow and high of 40 on Sunday. Since I am remodeling the garage....I gotta wait...UGH!!!!!
Old 02-27-2009

....dont bother buying a 100mm idler....it doesnt fit :(

...another week of waiting for a new pulley.
Old 02-27-2009

oh man that sucks, guess you found time and room to try to put it on after all huh?? lol how long till the new one comes in?
Old 02-27-2009

Quote:
oh man that sucks, guess you found time and room to try to put it on after all huh?? lol how long till the new one comes in?

Not until next week. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 02-27-2009
SOEC Member

hey guys,
i'll be in bremen, ga for the next couple of weeks working on all the hail damaged cars . and i'll be in my s331 #193 i would like to meet you guys . i have the jdm kit on mine and i have had the chirping problem to which ended up being the alt & replacing the first belt that jdm sent with the kit with another 110,5 belt.so if ya'll are interested let me know.
Old 02-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentguy View Post
hey guys,
i'll be in bremen, ga for the next couple of weeks working on all the hail damaged cars . and i'll be in my s331 #193 i would like to meet you guys . i have the jdm kit on mine and i have had the chirping problem to which ended up being the alt & replacing the first belt that jdm sent with the kit with another 110,5 belt.so if ya'll are interested let me know.

Man your 3 trucks behind me!!! (190) Where are you from?
Old 02-28-2009
SOEC Member

south al in mobile.
Old 02-28-2009

not too terribly far...im hour and half north of montgomery
Old 03-04-2009

GOt the 90mm 10rib idler on today....no chirp, no squeak, no squeal. I let the truck run about 5 min and revved it a few times...nothing.

I had just a small chirp when I started the truck, thats it.
Old 03-04-2009

cool beans!!
Old 03-05-2009
SOEC Member

what size belt did you end up with?
Old 03-05-2009

Stock.

3.2" pulley

I have an oversized water pump pulley that I am going to test out. That should wrap the belt around the SC pulley a little more too. When I eventually get to a 3" pulley, I will probably go with 111"