The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 07-04-2010
Saleen Forums Participant

Default New Guy - I have S331 S/C Questions!

Hey guys, I just paid for #237 Ford S331 sitting brand new in Concord Ca. I'm very excited about getting this truck because I also own a 04 Sonic Blue Ford Lightning. I've heard of some recalls and some issues with S331. What should I do first? Probably the first thing I'm going to do is get the truck re-aligned. Do they have camber/caster bolts on them or do I need to order some and if so where could I get these? Next I will get the two recalls done like the cruise control and fuel hose. What do you need to do with the electric fans to make sure I don't get stranded somewhere especially because it is very hot here in Texas. Or should I just get the mechanical fan? I kind of would like to leave the electric fans, so would you guys know where to get the upgrades so I can be safe? Is there anything I'm missing? Sorry for the long post but I want to be sure and I'm very excited to get this truck because it probably won't be for a couple of weeks due to me having to transport the truck. Thanks
Old 07-04-2010
Administrator

Hi there! Welcome to THE Saleen Forums @ SOEC.org!

Did you purchase the S331 S/C from Future Ford Lincoln Mercury? If so, great looking Saleen!

Here is our electric fan thread, to start with:
http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=4575

Enjoy the new purchase!
Old 07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Hi there! Welcome to THE Saleen Forums @ SOEC.org!

Did you purchase the S331 S/C from Future Ford Lincoln Mercury? If so, great looking Saleen!

Here is our electric fan thread, to start with:
http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=4575

Enjoy the new purchase!
Yep that is where I purchased it and thanks for the link and the compliment, I'm probably going to do that before I have a problem. Do you have any other information on my other questions? Thanks
Old 07-07-2010
Suspended Account

The Ford dealer showed no record of open campaigns when I called to see if my truck had the repairs performed. They didn't show any record of repairs either. I guess the info in the OASIS system is only available for 6 months or so.

I ended up just contacting Saleen customer service. They had the record of repair. I was a little relieved to find out that I no longer have to worry about my hubs flying off the vehicle or my fuel rail hose failing in a fiery blaze.

The dealer should have made all those repairs prior to selling you the vehicle. Congrats on the purchase.

I found #232 sitting at a dealer in Tulsa last year with only 3680 miles on clock.
Old 07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSlo5.0 View Post
The Ford dealer showed no record of open campaigns when I called to see if my truck had the repairs performed. They didn't show any record of repairs either. I guess the info in the OASIS system is only available for 6 months or so.

I ended up just contacting Saleen customer service. They had the record of repair. I was a little relieved to find out that I no longer have to worry about my hubs flying off the vehicle or my fuel rail hose failing in a fiery blaze.

The dealer should have made all those repairs prior to selling you the vehicle. Congrats on the purchase.

I found #232 sitting at a dealer in Tulsa last year with only 3680 miles on clock.
Yeah they told me they have a guy that checks all the recalls out and has it done on site. When I get the truck should I take it to get aligned because it seems like this is a common problem. Also do they come with camber/castor bolts or do I have to get them?
Old 07-15-2010

hey, another Lightning owner!! Just a word of advice....dont expect the Saleen to be even remotely as fast as your L. Thats the one thing I hate about mine, its a slug after having the L. Email me and I can hook you up with a fan fix so that you can keep your electrics. Had mine done over a year ago...problem free since.
Old 07-27-2010
SOEC Member

They don't come with the plates. You will have to order them. I got mine from a local ford dealer. They were pretty pricey (mid $200 if I remember correctly) so if anyone knows where to get them from cheaper feel free to chime in.
Old 08-02-2010
SOEC Member

I think Erik got my adjusters from NAPA to adjust the camber/caster angles correctly.