The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-29-2014
Account with Invalid Email

Default Q: Which catback exhaust has deepest tone?

I have an 00 SC and I went and had the cats taken off and a Mac off-road h pipe put on it. Due to what was suggested to me on here, I left the Saleen catback system on it which I was told was Borla. Well it's definately louder. It's not vwry noticeable at all at idle but under throttle it's a good bit louder except to me it just has more of a raspy type sound like an x pipe makes. I just hate that sound. I want the deep throaty rumble like my old 98 GT had with off-road h pipe and Flowmasters on it. So I was thinking it's got to be the mufflers. What do you guys think?? And which mufflers do you guys think has the deepest feel it in your chest rumble?? I think it was 40 series Flowmasters I had on my 98 I'm not certain though but what do you guys recommend???
2000 Performance Red Convertible S281-SC #00-899
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...80af30dbf7.jpg
2002 F-250 6" Lift 24" Rockstars 37" Toyos tons of mods
2006 Lexus GS430 tons of mods
1998 Lexus GS400 tons of mods
41 Chevy Pickup no mods at all POS like all Chevy's
Old 06-29-2014

I guess it's the Borla mufflers but maybe it's just because it's Supercharged and moving more air in and out. I dunno, but hope it's just the Borlas and I can take them out and replace for a deeper sound. Maybe even a straight race style muffler but don't want it obnoxiously loud just that super deep rumble that first made me fall in love with Mustangs. Although these 4.6's still don't turn me on quite as much as the 5.0's originally did with off-road h pipe n muffs on it.
Old 06-29-2014
SOEC Member

Borla is a quite muffler unless under throttle, I would put the Flowmaster 40's on it if you want a deeper sound during idle but they can be quite loud under throttle. They also seem to have a raspy sound to them. I had them on mine with a X and then with a H pipe. Now I have Magnaflow and they are quiet unless under throttle.

My 2011 has a MAC axle back, they were loud at idle when I first put them on and now a year later they are quiet.
Old 06-29-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderedsaleen View Post
Borla is a quite muffler unless under throttle, I would put the Flowmaster 40's on it if you want a deeper sound during idle but they can be quite loud under throttle. They also seem to have a raspy sound to them. I had them on mine with a X and then with a H pipe. Now I have Magnaflow and they are quiet unless under throttle.

My 2011 has a MAC axle back, they were loud at idle when I first put them on and now a year later they are quiet.
Coderedsaleen... I have the BBK LTH & OR X-pipe, with Magnaflow muffs and I really like how they are quiet under regular driving conditions, but when you get into it they really wake up... They are Jekyll & Hyde...

Syber
Old 06-30-2014

Mine has an off road H pipe and no cats, and the original Saleen/Borla exhaust. I love the sound. I love that it doesn't sound like every other Mustang out there with Flowmasters. But, to each his own.
2000 S281 #032, 1 of 1
Old 06-30-2014
SOEC Member

I agree the Flowmasters are the norm for a lot of users. I like my Magnaflows better because of the quiet at idle and louder under throttle.
Old 06-30-2014
Saleen Forums Participant

http://s37.photobucket.com/user/rsta...haust.mp4.html

Has a nice deep rumble at idle and pretty aggressive at full throttle. All while staying legal.
Old 06-30-2014

I agree with Runninpony. I too am looking for that deep rumble. Nothing compares to the 5.0. I just want to be able to get rid of the "gurguling" sound that the exhaust makes when you hit the throttle....My idea was to maybe restrict a bit of the airflow coming out of the exhaust pipes. I know that restricting could make less power but it could add to the "bass rumble" I am looking for. That might be a dumb idea but i just really want that sound
Old 06-30-2014
Saleen Forums Registrant

Like the way the MagnaFlow Magnapacks(with BBK LT headers and x-pipe) sound when you drop the hammer.

-1.7L KB w/ CAI (FWI) & MAF w/ BBK 75mm TB
-Sean Hyland forged rotating assembly @ .030
-Manley 17cc pistons and rods
-Comp XE 270 AH cams
-BBK LT headers O/R X-pipe/MagnaflowMagnapack
-3.55's - King Cobra clutch
-18x9/10 chrome saleens w/ 275/35-295/35
-Heat extractor hood
Old 06-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by crandolph3319 View Post
I agree with Runninpony. I too am looking for that deep rumble. Nothing compares to the 5.0. I just want to be able to get rid of the "gurguling" sound that the exhaust makes when you hit the throttle....My idea was to maybe restrict a bit of the airflow coming out of the exhaust pipes. I know that restricting could make less power but it could add to the "bass rumble" I am looking for. That might be a dumb idea but i just really want that sound
Yessir that deep bass rumble is exactly what I'm talking about. These 4.6's just don't do it like the old 5.0's. But the closest I've heard so far is off-road h pipe and Flowmasters. I like to be able to roll by slow and have peeps thinking dam that's a beast. Not have to romp down on it to hear it.
Old 07-04-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninpony View Post
Yessir that deep bass rumble is exactly what I'm talking about. These 4.6's just don't do it like the old 5.0's. But the closest I've heard so far is off-road h pipe and Flowmasters. I like to be able to roll by slow and have peeps thinking dam that's a beast. Not have to romp down on it to hear it.
Trade your front half of the system with this guy.

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?p=123327

He wants the Borlas back.
Old 07-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Trade your front half of the system with this guy.

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?p=123327

He wants the Borlas back.
I think I will keep the Borlas in case I ever want to return to stock or sell etc. I thought the Flowmaster 40's were a straight through design. I guess not?? Don't they make a race design Flowmaster?? but that would be wide open and sound just like Borlas wouldn't it?? I guess a little back pressure can make for the deeper idle and throttle tone?? Borlas just sound way to raspy like an X pipe. Hopefully it's not due to being SC and pushing more air. I really like the inter cooled tips, and would prefer more to remain stock as possible. But seems to me that slightly bigger tips would make a deeper sound. That's what I had on my old 98 GT.
Old 07-05-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I find the X-pipes are where the raspy sound comes from. The best sound from my old 96GT was with an H pipe through stock mufflers. Sometimes a little oddity comes along and an X sounds pretty good. My car has a BBK shortie headers with an X through SLP Powerflo's.

http://s48.photobucket.com/user/COra...7f6ba.mp4.html

'03 S281 #0198

322HP 306TQ

4.6 WAP bored .030 over with DSS forged rotating assembly and billet main support*Comp 278AH Cams valve springs, retainers*6061 Plenum*FRPP 70mm TB*Victor Jr Intake*MSD Coils*JLT CAI*SCT SF3 *BBK Shorties and X*SLP PowerFlo CB*UPR FW adjuster and quadrant*FRPP 4:10's*Tri Ax*King Cobra clutch*Fidanza Alum Flywheel*Walbro 240lpm FP
Old 07-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by COramprat View Post
I find the X-pipes are where the raspy sound comes from. The best sound from my old 96GT was with an H pipe through stock mufflers. Sometimes a little oddity comes along and an X sounds pretty good. My car has a BBK shortie headers with an X through SLP Powerflo's.

http://s48.photobucket.com/user/COra...7f6ba.mp4.html
Yeah every Mustang I've ever heard with an X pipe sounds raspy like a Nascar does. Of course the several different types of muffler could be dependent on this and there's several I've never heard in person.
I just fell in love with the deep rumble of my old turd 5.0 with an h pipe and Flowmasters. First time I sat in that car and started it I jizzed all over myself when I felt and heard that deep rumble. That car was given to me for helping the owner around his shop for several months. I've owned about 8 Mustangs since. Straight to muffler shop for an h pipe and Flows has always been my first trip. Thought I could keep the Borlas and save some cash on this Saleen and originality. But they make it sound like it has an X pipe on it. I've had 2 people ask me already if it's an X pipe. I just don't like it. Dang I might shoulda just traded the dude wanting original Borlas. Just would like to have them in case I ever want to sell car or return to stock. But it already has several other mods done to it. Don't think it would matter too much what do you guys think??
Old 07-06-2014

It's why other brand owners aspire to have the "Mustang sound". Especially the sound of old 5.0. There isn't anything else like it. I get tons of complements on mine. I think part of the sound comes from it being bored 30 over making the displacement a little higher. That and the big a** cams. :D

I haven't heard a 3V 5.0 exhaust I like yet. Most I have heard are real raspy. There gas to be combo out there that is good but I haven't heard one yet. Some are good at idle but get ugly at WOT.

My dad has an 07 GT500 and we are looking for a nice, deep rumble but nothing stands out.

'03 S281 #0198

322HP 306TQ

4.6 WAP bored .030 over with DSS forged rotating assembly and billet main support*Comp 278AH Cams valve springs, retainers*6061 Plenum*FRPP 70mm TB*Victor Jr Intake*MSD Coils*JLT CAI*SCT SF3 *BBK Shorties and X*SLP PowerFlo CB*UPR FW adjuster and quadrant*FRPP 4:10's*Tri Ax*King Cobra clutch*Fidanza Alum Flywheel*Walbro 240lpm FP
Old 07-06-2014

Nothing will ever sound as good as a 5.0 with h pipe and Flows. But I want to get as close as possible which looks like I just need to take these Borlas off and put FlowMaster 40's on it in addition to the h pipe I've already put on it.
Also I sure would love to have that super lopy idle where the car shakes and has that super sweet sound. But if I were to add some aggressive cams to the car what all else would I have to add in addition to the more aggressive cams??
Old 07-06-2014

Bigger cams generally require upgraded valve springs and degreed to avoid piston to valve contact. Really aggressive cams like mine also require flycut pistons.

'03 S281 #0198

322HP 306TQ

Old 07-06-2014

Quote:
Bigger cams generally require upgraded valve springs and degreed to avoid piston to valve contact. Really aggressive cams like mine also require flycut pistons.
How much you think it would cost me to go with an aggressive cam, upgraded valve springs, and degreed or whatever else I would need as well as labor putting it in?? Trying to figure out if the cost of having that sweet lopy idle would be worth it or not!! Given the other mods to my car, how much more power you think it would make just going with aggressive cam?? Is that everything I would have to do for sure?? At this point all I really need is a MoSaleen Pulley and a new belt as well as fresh Dyno tune, I am also debating a smaller SC pulley though.....
Old 07-08-2014

Blower cams is what you would need. Big cams increase compression. Add a blower and engines goes boom. My car with the 278's is at 11.8:1. No way I could ever boost it and keep it together.

Blower cans, springs and labor involved would push $3 grand I would imagine. I bought mine turn-key. Let someone else blow all their money on it.

'03 S281 #0198

322HP 306TQ

Old 07-08-2014

Quote:
Blower cams is what you would need. Big cams increase compression. Add a blower and engines goes boom. My car with the 278's is at 11.8:1. No way I could ever boost it and keep it together.

Blower cans, springs and labor involved would push $3 grand I would imagine. I bought mine turn-key. Let someone else blow all their money on it.
So are you saying you shouldn't go with bigger cams if you have a blower?? I found out the car already does have a smaller 66mm pulley as well pretty much everything already done to it. As far as blowing money, I really expected to get to fix this car all up. But just about every upgrade you could possibly desire, and the best of most everything is already done to this car. Blows me away how much someone put into this car. And how sweet and fast it already is!! Only thing I could do is add a better blower. I gotta spend some money on it lol. I Need to get with CodeRed and get a MoSaleen pulley system for it. I did order me a set of rear slotted rotors and ceramic pad upgrade from Brake Motive. I've got their rotors and pads all way around on my F250 and they are very nice for a cheap price. So I ordered a set of this for them rear should go nice with the Saleen/Brembo 13" brake upgrade up front. Here's pic of Brake Motive on my F250. I've got big ole wheels and tires on it too and I've had them on there 20K+ miles and still going strong. And I've got a full set of the EBC black slotted and drilled rotors and yellow heavy duty EBC brake pads ready to go on it when pads wear out and I've had it for a few years and can't wear them out to put the new EBC stuff on all way around!!

EBC stuff ready to go on it next
Old 07-08-2014

Correct on the bigger cams. But there is a blower grind you can use. Not sure how much of a bump it will give you but if you are itching just look them up.

'03 S281 #0198

322HP 306TQ

Old 07-09-2014

Quote:
Correct on the bigger cams. But there is a blower grind you can use. Not sure how much of a bump it will give you but if you are itching just look them up.
Not sure if it's worth 3K+ just to have a little more aggressive lopy idle. Although I do love that. Drove a cobra once that had very aggressive cams. It was awesome.
Old 07-09-2014
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Spintech Super Pro Street

Mac Flowpath catback.

Flowmaster 10-series single chamber.

Bassani catback

Old 07-09-2014

I guess my question is now. Should I get the Flowmasters 40 series, or the Flowmasters 10's ?? I want the deep loud rumble but not raspy. The 10 being a single chamber doesn't make the car sound a little more raspy than the 40's does it??
Old 07-09-2014

Quote:
I guess my question is now. Should I get the Flowmasters 40 series, or the Flowmasters 10's ?? I want the deep loud rumble but not raspy. The 10 being a single chamber doesn't make the car sound a little more raspy than the 40's does it??

I would say 40's. In my experience, the 10's are loud as hell.
2000 S281 #032, 1 of 1
Old 07-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes View Post
I would say 40's. In my experience, the 10's are loud as hell.
I've researched online for quite a while because I would like to get the mufflers on the way. Some people say the 10's are too loud, and some say they switched from 40's to 10's and would never go back. Actually read that the 10's have less drone than the 40's do. But of course they are louder. But they are the deep rumble loud and not he raspy loud like these Borla straight through mufflers cause. Still dunno. I don't mind loud as hell considering this car is not a daily driver and will be driven very little. So still debating.....
Old 07-09-2014
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
Quote:
I've researched online for quite a while because I would like to get the mufflers on the way. Some people say the 10's are too loud, and some say they switched from 40's to 10's and would never go back. Actually read that the 10's have less drone than the 40's do. But of course they are louder. But they are the deep rumble loud and not he raspy loud like these Borla straight through mufflers cause. Still dunno. I don't mind loud as hell considering this car is not a daily driver and will be driven very little. So still debating.....
If you go 40-series, go Original 40-series... Not Super 40, or Delta Flow 40... and go stainless. Not aluminized.

Being honest, I think 40-series don't sound very good. They're too quiet... and, if quiet is what you were after, I'd go Magnaflow or Borla ProXS long before 40-series.

If deep and loud is your goal, the only Flowmaster I'd consider is the 10-series. The 10-series Race Muffler, not the Super 10 Street muffler.
Old 07-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hot281 View Post
If you go 40-series, go Original 40-series... Not Super 40, or Delta Flow 40... and go stainless. Not aluminized.

Being honest, I think 40-series don't sound very good. They're too quiet... and, if quiet is what you were after, I'd go Magnaflow or Borla ProXS long before 40-series.

If deep and loud is your goal, the only Flowmaster I'd consider is the 10-series. The 10-series Race Muffler, not the Super 10 Street muffler.
That's what I read from several different places as well. I Did see a few people that thought the 10's were too loud but those were the ones that had an off-road h or x pipe. Mine has off-road h pipe. But I'm not worried about too loud. I just don't want the obnoxious raspy sound hay these Borlas have. If it's deep rumble I'm all good with loud. And to be able to feel it in my chest even at idle!!! You have talked me into it thanks. Ima order up a set of 10's for it. Not to mention there cheapest so that's nice!!
What's difference in super 10 and race 10. I'll get them ordered and get a sound clip.
Old 07-10-2014
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
That's what I read from several different places as well. I Did see a few people that thought the 10's were too loud but those were the ones that had an off-road h or x pipe. Mine has off-road h pipe. But I'm not worried about too loud. I just don't want the obnoxious raspy sound hay these Borlas have. If it's deep rumble I'm all good with loud. And to be able to feel it in my chest even at idle!!! You have talked me into it thanks. Ima order up a set of 10's for it. Not to mention there cheapest so that's nice!!
What's difference in super 10 and race 10. I'll get them ordered and get a sound clip.
Most of the time, rasp is a result of no cats. If you get rasp, consider putting some high flow cats on your h-pipe.

You could also consider the Super 44. It's louder than the 40-series, but quieter than the 10-series.

As for difference between the Super 10 and 10-series Race...

Super 10:

10-series Race:

Old 07-11-2014

Quote:
Not sure if it's worth 3K+ just to have a little more aggressive lopy idle. Although I do love that. Drove a cobra once that had very aggressive cams. It was awesome.
Heck no you wouldn't spend that much to better the sound. It's all about the performance...the sound is just a nice by-product.

'03 S281 #0198

322HP 306TQ

Old 07-11-2014

Do I need the 2.5 in and 2.5 out 10 series race muffler?? I guess I'll need to order these because muffler shops won't keep them in stock???
Old 07-11-2014
Administrator

I would not cut the stock Saleen exhaust.
Old 07-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I would not cut the stock Saleen exhaust.
I assume the only way to not cut the stock Saleen exhaust is to leave it as is?? I just don't care for this raspy Borla exhaust at all. With so many other mods already done to this car, I wouldn't think adding Flowmasters would effect the value of the car anymore than what's already been done. Would just make it sound much better in my opinion. I will keep the factory intercooled tips etc.
but the fact is 99 out of 100 people will tell you Mustangs are made for chambered style muffles like the Flowmasters and not the straight through design like the Borlas are. Especially without the cats.
Don't understand why anyone would prefer the raspy crackling obnoxious scream that these muffler make over the deep aggressive tone that chambered mufflers offer. That's the way Mustangs are supposed to sound.
Old 07-12-2014
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
I assume the only way to not cut the stock Saleen exhaust is to leave it as is?? I just don't care for this raspy Borla exhaust at all. With so many other mods already done to this car, I wouldn't think adding Flowmasters would effect the value of the car anymore than what's already been done. Would just make it sound much better in my opinion. I will keep the factory intercooled tips etc.
but the fact is 99 out of 100 people will tell you Mustangs are made for chambered style muffles like the Flowmasters and not the straight through design like the Borlas are. Especially without the cats.
Don't understand why anyone would prefer the raspy crackling obnoxious scream that these muffler make over the deep aggressive tone that chambered mufflers offer. That's the way Mustangs are supposed to sound.
The way to not cut the Saleen exhaust, is to have it removed completely. Have an exhaust shop bend you a whole new custom catback, instead of mutilating a stock Saleen exhaust. Each time someone cuts one up, that is one less in the world. Those Saleen/Borla catbacks are no longer produced.

As for the sound, like i said, a lot of that crackle and rasp can be eliminated by adding high flow cats. I personally prefer the sound of a straight through muffler like Magnaflow or Borla. Absorption style mufflers like Borla let you hear the exhaust the way it actually sounds... They just absorb some of the noise across the entire band of frequencies, but don't alter the tone at all. Chambered mufflers usually color the sound in some way, by bouncing sound waves and canceling certain frequencies and changing pitch.

I found my favorite sound with the Bassani X-pipe with high flow cats, and Bassani cat back, which uses mufflers that are a hybrid chambered/straight through design. Nice smooth deep tone. I have this video I shot a while back. A couple light revs and drive off.

Old 07-12-2014
SOEC Member

You'll want to have new pipes put in. If my memory serves me well, the Saleen exhaust pipe leading into the muffler is pinched down a bit and doesn't retain the 2.5" diameter continously. I would go for a mandrel bent 2.5" system and save the Saleen exhaust as is... as mentioned earlier they are getting quite rare. It is better to save it or sell it to someone who really wants it.
Old 07-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
i would not cut the stock saleen exhaust.

^^^^^^^ this
2000 S281 #032, 1 of 1
Old 07-13-2014

My car with a Novi 2000, Ford Racing shorties, off road H pipe, and the Saleen/Borla mufflers does not sound "raspy". Matter of fact, all I get is compliments on the sound because is doesn't sound like everyone else's Mustang. Raspy to you may be different that my definition of raspy, but if I were you, I'd leave it be. Your car is unique, so why make it sound like every other beater GT?
2000 S281 #032, 1 of 1
Old 07-13-2014

Save the catback or sell it. But yeah the saleen/borla exhaust is on the quiet side due too being a larger muffler . If you wanna stick with borla I'd recommended the stinger catback.

I put the atak on mine and love it.

Saleen borla atak longtubes offroad:

Bullitt manifold swap, longtubes, off road x pipe,borla atak, mgw short throw, 3.73 gears, h&r super sport springs

#00-484

Nick
Old 07-13-2014

You don't have to cut anything. It's replaceable because it is bolted on. Just get a catback of whatever brand you desire.

'03 S281 #0198

322HP 306TQ

Old 07-19-2014
SOEC Member

Just remember the tail pipes are a bit longer than a stock GT...
Old 07-22-2014

How much would you guys pay me for the entire Borla Cat Back system including mufflers, and intercooler tips etc? In excellent shape. PM me. I would like to go with a set of Flowmaster 10 series cat backs, What if I were to go to a 3" catback system, is that even possible, or should I just stick with the 2.5". I like the intercooled tips and the authenticity and all of them being Borlas/Saleen and like the fact that they are no longer produced, however when you look at the tips you will notice they are actually tiny what 2 inches maybe at most inner useable circumference inside the tips due to the intercooler flanges or whatever they are( and what's purpose in intercooled tips anyways not like the tips actually get very hot??). I think some 3" chrome tips that are twice as long with some FlowMastwr 10's on it would make the car growl like a ****ed off lion. That's the way a Mustang should sound.
But I do have to admit, the Borlas sound isn't bad at all it does have a mean scream to it that grows on you and I've received about 5 or so compliments at least already on how good it sounds. But that original FlowMaster rumble I heard and fell in love with many years ago will always have that place in my heart and I'll always be chasing that first high....
Old 07-23-2014
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
How much would you guys pay me for the entire Borla Cat Back system including mufflers, and intercooler tips etc? In excellent shape. PM me. I would like to go with a set of Flowmaster 10 series cat backs, What if I were to go to a 3" catback system, is that even possible, or should I just stick with the 2.5". I like the intercooled tips and the authenticity and all of them being Borlas/Saleen and like the fact that they are no longer produced, however when you look at the tips you will notice they are actually tiny what 2 inches maybe at most inner useable circumference inside the tips due to the intercooler flanges or whatever they are( and what's purpose in intercooled tips anyways not like the tips actually get very hot??). I think some 3" chrome tips that are twice as long with some FlowMastwr 10's on it would make the car growl like a ****ed off lion. That's the way a Mustang should sound.
But I do have to admit, the Borlas sound isn't bad at all it does have a mean scream to it that grows on you and I've received about 5 or so compliments at least already on how good it sounds. But that original FlowMaster rumble I heard and fell in love with many years ago will always have that place in my heart and I'll always be chasing that first high....
A 3" system will yield a slightly deeper sound, but the extra size and flow is not needed unless you're making a lot more power. You might lose some low end power, and peak power might move higher in the rev range, possibly above your redline, meaning you could lose usable top end power.

Intercooled tips are mainly, as far as I know, to keep the tips cleaner. The black build up and soot that usually discolors tips over time, instead discolor the interior intercooler fins instead of the outer tip. At least, that is the only benefit of them I've ever noticed.

Also, I'd go 3.5" tips minimum. I went 3.5" rolled tips on my Bassani cat back, and they were about perfect. I was considering 4" but ended up going back to stock before selling the car.

Old 07-24-2014

Do they make a catback system complete or would I be best buying FlowMaster 10's and going to muffler shop and having them make me one.
Old 07-24-2014

Quote:
Do they make a catback system complete or would I be best buying FlowMaster 10's and going to muffler shop and having them make me one.
Check their website.

I didn't see a Super 10 catback myself.
2000 S281 #032, 1 of 1
Old 07-28-2014

I'm sure I would have to order a set of 10's and have the shop fab me up a catback. However I dunno now. The off-road h pipe and the Borlas sound is starting to grow on me. And I'm getting a compliment every time I take it somewhere on how good it sounds. Ugh. Just wanted a deeper rumble but it would be cheaper to keep her.....