The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-16-2012
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Nitrous vs Meth injection

Anyone using these to cool intake temps? Was thinking small 35HP shot, or Snow Meth injection. Anyone using these mods? Any opinions or thoughts.
Old 06-17-2012
SOEC Member

I don't know if you tried a search using meth as the key word, but at least one person here is using a meth injection kit.
Old 06-21-2012
SOEC Member

I am picking my car up tomorrow. getting Devil's own Stage II Meth kit installed...along with headers, cams, and smaller pulley. So .. I'l let ya know soon!
4" AFM Powerpipe, 3:90 Rear Gear, Bassani Headers and O/R X-pipe, BFGoodrich KDW's, H&R SS Springs
DynoJet Tune by Modern Muscle, 460rwh/415 torq @12 psi
Old 06-22-2012

Awesome! Looking forward to numbers!
Old 06-22-2012
Saleen Forums Participant

Well meth injection is a lot better than nitrous in my opinion to cool temps if that is what you are looking for. It also allows you to put a bit more timing in your tune due to the cooler intake temps that it provides. Snow isn't bad, I can't remember the name of the other big distributor of these meth kits but they are higher quality. I ran one on my 03 cobra a few years back and it was great. Just always check your meth tank if you do it that way, running out is bad business.
Old 06-22-2012
SOEC Member

had a setback with my install..was about to go on the dyno and they found an exhaust leak on the passenger side header. They think one of the flanges is warped from the weld.
Probably going to have to send back to Bassanni and wait for a replacement to arrive. So probably be another week :( Oh well least they found it before I brought it home!
4" AFM Powerpipe, 3:90 Rear Gear, Bassani Headers and O/R X-pipe, BFGoodrich KDW's, H&R SS Springs
DynoJet Tune by Modern Muscle, 460rwh/415 torq @12 psi
Old 06-24-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SC13 View Post
Well meth injection is a lot better than nitrous in my opinion to cool temps if that is what you are looking for. It also allows you to put a bit more timing in your tune due to the cooler intake temps that it provides. Snow isn't bad, I can't remember the name of the other big distributor of these meth kits but they are higher quality. I ran one on my 03 cobra a few years back and it was great. Just always check your meth tank if you do it that way, running out is bad business.
I believe that Snow has a safety feature on one of their kits, just in case you forget to check...lol
Old 06-27-2012

Trying to read up on meth injection. Doesnt look to hard to install, cheap, yields great results. Huge in the diesel world. By what I read I dont know why everyone doesnt have it. Looks like alittle hassle to keep your tank full, but I rarely drive my car so I think that will be easy. Does anyone with the roots style blowers on here use this? They say its better for turbos and prochargers but will still work for the roots.