The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 11-05-2015
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q: Does anyone here use wheel spacers?

I have a 1988 Saleen convertible (#418) that I put some 3 piece sterns on. They are the correct offset & widths (17x8, 17x9, +24, +39), running the correct size tires front & rear, but was thinking/wondering how it would look with a slightly more aggressive/wider stance. Nothing over the too, just subtle. Since the rear is already alot wider than the front I was thinking maybe 1/8" on the rear, and since the front is only an 8" wide wheel I was thinking about 1/8" or 1/4". Even with the 1/4" the front track width would still be narrower than the rear, which I like the looks of.

Anybody here run spacers on their fox? If so what size? & if so could you share some pics showing it's stance.

Was thinking of ordering the Maximum Motorsports spacers.

From what I gather, a SA-10 is 1/2" wider on the front left & 1/2" wider on the front right than a normal foxbody saleen, due to the big brake kit they use & different hub....
Old 11-05-2015

This is my car now

Old 11-05-2015

(Yes it has a motor in it....Currently jacked up to work on it)

Old 11-05-2015

The offsets on my Sterns are all goofy.. I have spacers on 3 of the 4 wheels to get everything right. No prob so far.
Old 11-08-2015

I use the Baer spacers, which are solid billet aluminum. In addition I use the ARP longer racing studs marketed by Steeda. I cut the bullet noses off of the studs , to length. Make sure you have a bare minimum of 7 full threads before tightening your lugs, whatever you do. With the ARP studs I have full confidence and zero issues. I also run the 3 piece Sterns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalcop View Post
I use the Baer spacers, which are solid billet aluminum. In addition I use the ARP longer racing studs marketed by Steeda. I cut the bullet noses off of the studs , to length. Make sure you have a bare minimum of 7 full threads before tightening your lugs, whatever you do. With the ARP studs I have full confidence and zero issues. I also run the 3 piece Sterns.

What offsets are your sterns? What size spacers are you running front & rear? What tire sizes? Do you have any pictures of your car?
Old 11-08-2015

I don't know the offsets. They are 17x8 and 17x9. I run a 3/8" spacer in the front and 1/2" in the rear. My wheels are not Saleen specs in offset. However, I run the Baer version of the Ford M2300 kit. So the required offsets are different. The fronts use the SN95 spindles and the rears use Fox width axles. So my measurements will be of little use to you. I will post up some pics. I am very happy with the stance and appearance.

Old 11-09-2015

225/45 in the front and 255/40 tires in the rear. Specs I got directly from the SA-10's.

Old 11-09-2015

Looking forward to seeing it
Old 11-11-2015

I have they 17X9J +24 on the front of mine with 10mm slip on spacer. One of the members on here told me Saleen actually used two 10mm slip on spacers but considering how aggressive the front is I think just 1 10mm spacer is good enough. Tire right now is 235/40 with tiny stretch. I will up to 245 tire soon for more tire contact.

Pic for reference.

Old 11-11-2015

I should also add I have the Alcon BBK so that maybe changes the hub dimensions entirely when fitting the 9K +24's.

Old 11-11-2015

In my experience 245's rub in the front. Forewarned.