The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang For discussion of the 2008-09 Racecraft 420S Mustang. Owners of the 2007-08 "Sleeper GT" can also find help here.

Old 06-27-2012
Saleen Forums Participant

Default 420S stock supercharger

Hello Everyone,

I currently own a 09 420s racecraft with 20k miles. Bought it back in July 2010 and had only 2500 miles. Absolutely love the car. I unforuntely have had a problem with my supercharger that started a few weeks ago. It is makeing a wineing noise that kinda sounds like a power steering pump would make if it was bad. I took it down to the dealer i bought the car from to see if they could help/fix and found out that my 3 year/36,000 mile warranty was up on March 31, 2012.

I am posting this hopeing that maybe one of you guys could maybe help me out with suggestions or options on what i can do about this problem.

Thank You in advance.
Old 06-28-2012
SOEC Member

I had the same problem. Bought mine in 2010 and after a couple thousand miles, the noise showed up. Had to have it replaced. No problems since.
Old 06-29-2012

Thanks Cliff for sharing, and do you by chance know what happened to cause that problem and what the problem actually was? Also i did find someone say, on antoher forum, that they had an abnormaly loud whine noise and that his problem ended up being a plastic pulley located below the alternater pulley. Here is a link to the forum discussion about his problem he had: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...r-failure.html. I am hoping that this might be the same problem i have with mine and not the supercharger but not 100% sure. I think ill get a new pulley and see cause i think a couple hundred dollar chance to fix the problem is better then a few grand to fix/new supercharger. What do you think?
Old 06-29-2012
SOEC Member

Only thing I can tell you about mine is that it was making a marble sound from the back of the supercharger which I had to have it rebuild.

Hopefully you will have better luck with yours.

Please keep us inform on what they find

1 of 4 Saleens produced in 2006 with this color/option package #969

· JLT CAI/ 373 gears/ 3.25 Pulley/ Upgraded vacuum lines,
· GT500 Fuel Pump/ Pre gapped plugs/ MGW Shifter/39lb injectors
· Custom Dynojet Tuned/ MSD Digital Shift Light/ SCT Tuner.
· Car pulled 466 RWH/421 Torque on dyno only at 6400 RPM
Old 07-01-2012

Thank you for sharing wildhorse. I have decided to try and replace the plastic pulley thats under the alternator first. Only do to little short on $$ atm, but if this dont fix the problem then i will have to send supercharger to get it fixed. I will keep you guys informed. Also do any of you all know a good place to get my supercharger worked on??
Old 08-15-2012

Hello everybody,

I just want to inform everyone that i have replaced the plastic idler pulley under the alternator and with much excitement it fixed the problem. It no longer wines and im extermely happy it wasnt my supercharger. Thank you all for your comments and sharing your experiences.