The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang For discussion of the 2008-09 Racecraft 420S Mustang. Owners of the 2007-08 "Sleeper GT" can also find help here.

Old 05-04-2010
Saleen Forums Participant

Default 2009 420s Black - New Member

Hello everyone, New to the forum but have owned my black 09 since purchased new in april 09. Have blown rods through motor changing pullies and basic bolt-ons. Now Just got finished with full build 700+ hp stroker. Have gained lots of knowledge in the process if anyone has questions. Pics soon to come. and yes removed the side racecraft decals.
Old 05-04-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamncoke04 View Post
Hello everyone, New to the forum but have owned my black 09 since purchased new in april 09. Have blown rods through motor changing pullies and basic bolt-ons. Now Just got finished with full build 700+ hp stroker.
What stroker kit did you use? There are several members on here kicking around the idea of using the Saleen LC 302 kit...

Chris.
1968 GT500KR #03655 "Shelby"
1990 Ford F250 4x4 7.3l IDI "Betty"
2001 Ford F350 4x4 7.3l "Lara"
2005 BMW F650GS "The Wasp"
2008 MINI Cooper S "Lola"
2008 Saleen S302E #11 "SallyX"
Old 05-04-2010

MMR 5.0 stroker, 1000s. complete short block assembly. rated at 1000 rwhp capable. wanted super overkill. fully forged and stroked. saleen short block is great but lil bit more expensive with less quality parts. but great if you wanna run 550 to the ground. If you desire more then go custom.
Old 05-04-2010
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Glad to have another RC member & thats some crazy numbers.
Old 05-04-2010

You need one of these I had made up for my car.
Old 05-04-2010

thanks for the welcome. The numbers dont come easy. haha. 5 months without a car and 19k invested. It's been rough but glad its finally finished. Caution for everyone****The stock rods in those motors are not near as strong as people claim*** be careful adding boost. Mine blew apart with only 3.4 pulley, long tubes, super shaker, gt500 fuel pump, and a conservative tune from stage 3 motorsports. 5 thousand miles and on the side of the road. Ideal for folks that want to have fun and be safe is 3.6 pulley aprox 7-8 lbs of boost, exhaust, cold air, and good tune. will make 400hp to the ground and can drive it without worries.
Old 05-04-2010

and ya, would love to have one of those decals, very nice looking. tell me how...
Old 05-04-2010

and yes MW you'll be fine, just stay out of boost in 5th gear. Thats where people are having the problem
Old 05-04-2010
Administrator

Welcome to THE Saleen Forums @ SOEC.org!

(You need an SOEC window decal.)
Old 05-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctann View Post
What stroker kit did you use? There are several members on here kicking around the idea of using the Saleen LC 302 kit...

Chris.
I'd be one of those

Welcome, and congrats. Those are huge numbers
Old 05-04-2010
Administrator

Thanks for sharing about your ride -- and welcome!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 05-05-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
MMR 5.0 stroker, 1000s. complete short block assembly. rated at 1000 rwhp capable. wanted super overkill. fully forged and stroked. saleen short block is great but lil bit more expensive with less quality parts. but great if you wanna run 550 to the ground. If you desire more then go custom.
Hmmmm, I put down 632 on pump gas with the Saleen Kit!

Guess I got a "special" one...

I've got a whole slough of people in my club that would disagree with you about the MMR kits...and they have the pics to prove it.

Good luck with yours, and welcome.

12 F150 SVT Raptor SuperCrew Ingot Silver
Old 05-05-2010
SOEC Member

Very nice man.

And I completely agree with the whole pulley/boost issue. Anytime you start adding boost, you can potentially damage things, even with only few pounds. Its a risk you take and better be ready to accept the consequence. Sorry to hear about yours, but sounds like you're much happier now!

And boo to removing the racecraft decals
Old 05-05-2010

I was fully ready to purchase the saleen 302 low compression block from stage 3 motorsports in arizona. but after speaking with them and jdm performance in new jersey, felt that i needed a lil stronger parts. stage 3 said the saleen block would hold 550 to the ground solid with no problems all day. and jim d'amore said itd be good for lil more the 600 to the floor. and thats awsome. plus cant go wrong with putting more saleen parts back in a saleen. but, unfortunatly for my wallet, i'm not done. The saleen blower is coming off this summer and kenne bell mammoth is going in its place with about 25psi. I had to run stronger rods and crank to hold that boost. the saleen blower is only good for what i got it at. any smaller pulley and it becomes inefficient. I'll be the first to admitt that my car will be just a dyno queen show boat with that power. having 9 sec potential with high 10 sec nums or worse. but After loosing the original motor to boost, the only way my car can hold value like yalls is make it extreme. Doing anything more then mufflers devalues these cars to a collector. Your either doing mods to make yourself happy or others. i'm onto doing it for others. Tryin to get it in mustang monthly or 5.0. Never have seen a modded racecraft in a centerfold. I think it's time we all change this!!!! I plan on following the NMRA circuit this year till they take notice.
Old 05-05-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
I was fully ready to purchase the saleen 302 low compression block from stage 3 motorsports in arizona. but after speaking with them and jdm performance in new jersey, felt that i needed a lil stronger parts. stage 3 said the saleen block would hold 550 to the ground solid with no problems all day. and jim d'amore said itd be good for lil more the 600 to the floor. and thats awsome. plus cant go wrong with putting more saleen parts back in a saleen. but, unfortunatly for my wallet, i'm not done. The saleen blower is coming off this summer and kenne bell mammoth is going in its place with about 25psi. I had to run stronger rods and crank to hold that boost. the saleen blower is only good for what i got it at. any smaller pulley and it becomes inefficient. I'll be the first to admitt that my car will be just a dyno queen show boat with that power. having 9 sec potential with high 10 sec nums or worse. but After loosing the original motor to boost, the only way my car can hold value like yalls is make it extreme. Doing anything more then mufflers devalues these cars to a collector. Your either doing mods to make yourself happy or others. i'm onto doing it for others. Tryin to get it in mustang monthly or 5.0. Never have seen a modded racecraft in a centerfold. I think it's time we all change this!!!! I plan on following the NMRA circuit this year till they take notice.
Wow, you hit the nail on the head. I applaud you. IMO, you are correct about the value. If you want to keep a Saleen worth it, you must either keep it close to stock or go all out. Anything in between could be considered a no no by a collector. Will a collector be interested in a Racecraft? Prolly not. But at the same time, these cars were built by Saleen so that window sticker has to be worth something. In your case, going full out will hopefully be the best option in the end. But like most toys, a car is nothing but depreciation.

As for the KB, good choice. Thats the best way to make huge power. Those things are monsters and if I didn't buy a Saleen, I would have gone with KB or a turbo. Good luck in your build and keep us posted!
Old 05-05-2010
SOEC Member

You are nuts & I love it! That's what the hobby is all about!! Have fun w/ it and keep us posted...

Steve

12 F150 SVT Raptor SuperCrew Ingot Silver
Old 05-15-2010
SOEC Member

Awesome......got any pix or did I miss them??