The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 11-07-2009
SOEC Member

Default For those who have modded...(Spark plugs)

For those of you have modded your SC or E car, and are running Autolite HT0s, what is your gap set at?

Also, I could have swore I saw a shop selling the plugs set to whatever gap you wanted. However, I can't find them now. Anyone know what shop it is?

EDIT: It is JDM that pregaps, and they do so at .030. Is this what I need mine to be gapped at?
#07-0062
Old 11-07-2009
Account with Invalid Email

thats who i got mine from, and they pre gap'd them at .030
Old 11-07-2009
SOEC Member

We do sell the Autolite HTO plugs pregappedhttp://www.teamjdm.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=201 and most anything around 10 lbs or more we keep the gap at .030" or tighter. The stock gap is around .045" and the problem with not closing that down tighter is you will develope a misfire over time from the plugs fouling them selves out. It may not be noticeable at first but it will happen over time. You will feel a misfire under hard throttle or under load in higher gears. When your pushing that much air through the engine you need an efficent spark, tightening the plug is a good trick on how to keep and efficent spark.
Old 11-07-2009
SOEC Member

So, Jim, I am still undecided on my pulley size, so I can't say what boost I will be running. But I bought a 3.2, and everyone is saying the 3.2 is too much, and that I should go to a 3.4. I have JBA LTs and O/R H, FRPP Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, SuperShaker and 60lb injectors. I am undecided on what to do about a tensioner and pulley. Is .030 going to be fine for my application? Also, do you have any suggestions for my pulley/tensioner problem..?
#07-0062
Old 11-08-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWinULose View Post
So, Jim, I am still undecided on my pulley size, so I can't say what boost I will be running. But I bought a 3.2, and everyone is saying the 3.2 is too much, and that I should go to a 3.4. I have JBA LTs and O/R H, FRPP Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, SuperShaker and 60lb injectors. I am undecided on what to do about a tensioner and pulley. Is .030 going to be fine for my application? Also, do you have any suggestions for my pulley/tensioner problem..?

I am running a 3.2, no problems. You have plenty of fuel system for a 3.2
Old 11-10-2009
SOEC Member

I run the 3.00 and zero probs...I use the Roush Belt Tensioner...all from JDM. So if you go with a 3.2 you will be plenty fine.....but with both..I would go with GT500 pumps and larger 60 injectors. All on my car as well

2006 Saleen 1534
11k miles ....5 speed..windveil blue.

My www.HotRodHarrys.com website

My Facebook Fan Page
Old 11-11-2009
SOEC Member

Either way i feel is very safe, For instance Harry has been running a 3.0 for a while on his car and he races it as well as drives it daily. The key to his car is the Ultimate air kit and 60lb injectors though.

Anything with a 3.2 or 3.4 pulley is perfectly safe for 39lb injectors. The 3.2 or 3.4 pulley is perfectly safe for the stock engine as long as you keep premium fuel in the car.

Having the supershaker does make the car more efficient for boost and power so you dont need to pulley it down to a 3.2, a 3.4 will give you the same amount of power or more! The shaker may not show much more RWHP on the dyno but it will give you more power on the street and quicker/faster times at the drag strip!