The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-30-2009
SOEC Member

Default Identification help: 2007 Extreme

Hi, I am a new member, although I have had two S281 SC's. I currently have and 06 conv with the 475HP upgrade and a 4.10 rear. I am looking at and 07 Extreme, Vin # 1ZVFT82H575209523. This car was built as part of the "bad Boy" series but was sold to Rock Star Games as a promotional vehicle for the introduction of their new video game "midnight club los angeles". It has had extensive exterior modifications. The engine is upgraded to 620 HP. It has custom Black Cherry paint and has both a carbon fiber hood and rear deck. The side sills and rocker panels are also carbon fiber. The rear seats were removed and the entire area is also carbon fiber. The hood is partially painted with a large area down the center with exposed CF. The rear deck is done the same way. It looks pretty awesome. It also has the scenic roof. Any issues with leaks? It also has the black wheels which i am not a fan of. My question is about the carbon fiber. Is this something i should be afraid of? Do you think the painted portions will be a problem in the future? How durable is it? I am also trying to find out exactly who did the work. The people at Rockstar have been unable to find out who. They did get me a verification of authenticity letter from Mr Jeff Clark at Saleen/MJ. He stated the car was a one of a kind and featured in the 07 sema show. I have a chance to get this car at a VERY good price, I just dont want to deal with the Carbon fiber if its going to be an issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Jack
Old 06-30-2009
Administrator

Welcome to the Saleen Forums!

I know a little about this car and it is indeed a very unique vehicle. It initially was built as an S281 Extreme and then upgraded to a 302. If it was a Bad Boy car, that would explain the transformation. Certainly the paint and equipment make it a rarity. I understand from the seller that the "sticker" on it is upwards to $90K.

I have never heard of a problem with the Scenic Roof leaking... it's a neat feature. Steve Saleen drives his Scenic Roof S281 every day, if that means anything.

Most of the carbon fiber pieces should pose no challenge over any other Extreme, as I believe they are standard. They are a tad costly, but they should remain available from Saleen Speedlab. Not sure about the trunk or how they fabricated that. Pretty much anything can be replicated or repaired these days.

There's a certain assumption that a special paint car needs certain care, and it's going to be expensive if anything ever needs to be repaired. Same with the carbon fiber, if you were to ding something. But sometimes that might make the car even more enjoyable to own, drive and show.

There are some ex-Saleen employees who will probably be able to chime in. I believe this was a vehicle used by an Irvine executive for a short time, which leads me to believe it may have been modified in Speedlab at Fairbanks, but that I do not know for sure. Bad Boy cars were offered for sale in summer of 2007 for the Great American Run. They were built in Irvine, I believe, and your mention of this car being a Bad Boy car is the first I heard, but it makes sense.

At the right price, and the market is soft now, I'd say it would be a cool car to have!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 06-30-2009
SOEC Member

Hi, Thanks again for the reply. Hopefully others on this board will have additional info. The car only has 1100 miles on it. It is currently in NY. I aggreed to a price so we should wrap things up in a few days. I am going to change a few things on the car. Add rear seats. Put the rear 1/4 windows back in with stock SC treatment. Change the wheels to chrome. Anyone interested in the black wheels currently on the car feel free to contact me.
Attached Thumbnails
Picture 0016b.jpg  

Picture 0021b.jpg  

Picture 0033b.jpg  

Picture 0042b.jpg  

Picture 0054b.jpg  

Picture 0063b.jpg  

Old 06-30-2009
SOEC Member

Is this the car that was a giveaway promotion? If so, I would be really tempted to leave it as is. I has the distinction of being the giveaway car for the game. It would be very rare and unique from that point of view. Of course, your $, your choice on what to do with it.

Never mind...the actual giveaway car was silver.

2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones #384
1989 Saleen Hatchback #302
1970 Coupe
1968 Shelby GT 350
Old 06-30-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

nice looking ride! I love the all black with a lil c/f on the hood
Old 06-30-2009
SOEC Member

Rockstar gave away two cars. This one and the silver one. Mine was given away in a joint promotion with pizza hut and Midnight in Los Angeles. The invoice on the car was $94,000+. I might leave the rear seat delete. I want to live with the car for awhile. I really like the standard SC rear window treatment rather than the full covers and the wheels are going. I'm not sure wether to go with the same wheels in chrome or the Darkhorse rims in chrome. Possibly the sterling edition wheels. I am looking for the SC window treatment, they weren't on the website. Anyone know where I can put my hands on them? If anyone on the site knows more about the car please post. Thanks. Jack
Old 06-30-2009
Administrator

For some reason... I'm under the impression that this was a customer car. Too many cars, too much internet.

Photos courtesy of mustangworld.com
Old 06-30-2009
Administrator

I'll be back.
Old 06-30-2009
Administrator

Attachment: Ford Window Sticker.

Looking at the monroney label... an educated guess would say that this vehicle was based off of a Saleen spec knockdown GT.

Having a Tungsten Grey exterior hue would leave me to debate the claim of this unit being marked for, or built as a "Bad Boy" Edition Extreme.
Old 06-30-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSL1960 View Post
They did get me a verification of authenticity letter from Mr Jeff Clark at Saleen/MJ. He stated the car was a one of a kind and featured in the 07 sema show.
Hi Jack and welcome to the Saleen Forums @ soec.org! Interesting car your found. I spied this vehicle on eBay a few days back. Don't recall if the auction ran it's course or if they ended it early.

The auction was vague as to if the vehicle in question was serialized as part of the 2007 production run or not. If Saleen Performance Vehicles does hold a file on this Ford VIN and if there is no Saleen production number present... at the very least corporate recognizes it.

As suggested, your best line of knowledge would be the So-Cal Speedlab gang circa 2007. Best way to find the intended purpose and the suppliers for the Non-Saleen equipment.

Comparing the photos. Since SEMA 2007 we can see that the car had lost the custom wheels and the Speedlab (S7) racing seats. The Heritage seats currently in the car (featuring 2005-07 S-line halo headrests) and those black forged wheels would leave me to guess this equipment could have been pulled in Irvine. It just seems odd that "Average Joe" would swap those items with production Saleen parts. Also, makes me wonder if the car lost anything else.

If vehicle documentation is sparce or MIA, and if a notation regarding the custom hue or a mix formula cannot be found... this is another reason why to contact the former Speedlab crew.

Without more knowledge or additional background... I would view the '07 as a Speedlab custom and go from there. The CF parts could be one-offs or two-offs and they add to the mystque of the vehicle. Jared (Red Devil) should know. A vague memory has me saying that the CF rocker panels do not have the rear overhang lip in the wheel well. IE: They fit better.

Some of this also goes back to a larger question, how much of the car is missing since SEMA?

Quote:
I am going to change a few things on the car. Add rear seats. Put the rear 1/4 windows back in with stock SC treatment. Change the wheels to chrome.
If you purchase the vehicle... it would be wise to document with photos and notes what you find and what you change, other than that... have at it!

To me... my $0.02... it kinda' has an odd/strange look to it. Maybe swap the taillights and purchase a Saleen tail panel to finish the trunk and plate area. Maybe some emblems or chevrons and a pair of hood vents if they swap over.

Not wild about what appears to be, like a PJ tint band with a SALEEN decal on top, either. But, looks that way in the SEMA photos too... but.

Speedlab has the 2008 version of the S281/S302 interior avalible or you can search out the Speedlab S7 seating.

Looks like an interesting project/find.
Old 06-30-2009
SOEC Member

I recieved the letter from Jeff Clark yesterday. He is the brand manager at Saleen. The letter was written to Rock Star Games and forwarded to me. It States: "Thank you for your request regarding information on your 2007 Saleen Extreme Vin # 1ZVFT82H55209523. After verification, we have placed your name in the Saleen Owner's Registry.
The following information was obtained from the original production records for your vehicle:
Originating Dealer: Press Vehicle
Saleen Inc.
Manufactured Date: February 7, 2007
Ship Date: NA
The records indicate this Black Cherry exterior/Darck Charcoal interior coupe with chrome wheels was manufactured with the optional: Scenic Roof, 5 spoke Chrome wheels, Rockford Punch System, rear seat delete and custom Black Cherry Paint. The records also indicate your vehicle as one of a kind with this color and options. This vehicle was built as a specialty unit for a series named "bad Boy" that was used for the Great American Run and then featured in the 2007 Sema Show in Las Vegas. Saleen teamed up with Rock Star Games to promote the new realease of Mid NIght Club Los Angeles. This vehicle was presented in a give-away promotion...."

You are correct. This car was on Ebay. The contest was won by a woman in North Carolina who did not want the car and needs to pay the taxes on it ASAP. She listed it on Ebay trying for a quick sale. I contacted her and then Rock Star. There were some title transfer issues so she pulled the Ebay auction. I am dealing directly with Rock Star who is acting on her behalf. We have agreed on a price. I am trying to get engine performance verified. I am told by Rock Star and Saleen that it has been modified to an S302. They have also included the S302 badges that were on the car prior to Sema. On another note I also don"t like the Saleen Banner. It will be removed. I was going to live with the rear end and see if it grows on me. i do like the stock Saleen rear lights better. The price is right so I feel very comfortable with the purchase at this point. Thanks again for the input! Keep it coming! Jack

Last edited by JSL1960; 06-30-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2009
Administrator

Default February 7, 2007

It's a neat car and the letter helps set a basis. I don't want it to sound like I'm debating Saleen Performance or the Gamer company... though for the moment I'll take them with a grain of salt.

The former Speedlab, Irvine employees would be where I would go for details on this unit.

In theory the "Bad Boy" edition were black chassis S281 Extreme 550 cars (I believe) with the option to do away with the year warranty for a 600 horse car. All were not produced and they were double serialized, I believe. Meaning a standard 2007 E production number along with the gold "Bad Boy" plate. So... a Bad Boy could be 07-0110 E and then Bad Boy number 3.

With free time... we can go back through the press release archives for 2007, but I'm pretty sure a joint union with the gaming company wasn't announced until the 2008 New York Auto Show. With press materials showing the silver DUB car.

Given the management turmoil at ASC/Saleen, Inc along this time frame... It's not unlikely to think something was missed.

Though still... I would wonder if the car was built specifically for a prize... or if Saleen Inc/Speedlab supplied an additional unit as a prize that was orginally a Speedlab showcase or display car. Something like... "You need another prize car? We have a vehicle prepared that we might be able to provide. We're in the middle of selling our company assets."

Since it was stated the Man. Date was "February 7, 2007" it would be interesting to know how the car lived up until the October SEMA show. It appears the chassis was a summer of 2006 produced GT, so it hung around.

The S7 driving seats were pretty uncommon, it would be interesting to know where they went.

What I would inquire... if we strickly go with vehicle background... did the car have one or was the purpose manufactured after the fact.

A give-a-way car and history as one is cool enough... but could be an even more interesting peice if it was an unserialized development car of some kind.

CF hood, rocker panels S7 racing seats... stuff that failed to make production or are too uncommon to consider production. This is where you need Carlos and Jared.

As a side... keep in mind, from the way it seems Speedlab Ned(?), built his '05 in 2008. So... Maybe Speedlab and Irvine were doing "whatever" in the final year & months of their existence.

Cars like this are fun and part of the hobby. I look forward to learning.
Old 07-01-2009
Administrator

Mike might have dyno'd it: http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=4518
Old 07-01-2009
SOEC Member

Thanks again for the info! Do you have any contact info for Carlos or Jared?
Old 07-01-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen Forums Admin View Post

Thanks for the link. I sent Mike a pm. It would be great if he had some definitive information.
Old 07-01-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks again for the info! Do you have any contact info for Carlos or Jared?
Both Carlos and Jared have forum accounts.

Carlos D.; Member name: techco-cd
Jared C.; Member name: Red_Devil

Mike Simmons
also had his name on the SEMA spec display as a Speedlab contact.

Keep in mind the Bad Boy Edition were mono-black S281 Extreme based vehicles and were double serialized. The S302 Extreme did not debut for retail sale until 2008.

During SEMA 2007 this particular car was being used as a calling card for the custom work Speedlab can/could do.

Don't forget to ask about the "Cherrybomb" paint mix/source as well.
Old 07-01-2009
Administrator

And don't forget that the "Bad Boy" was an after-sale option. They were not certified for sale new.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 07-03-2009
Saleen Staff Users

Default Sema '07

This car was built with these options and paint for the SEMA 2007 Show to showcase Saleen Speedlab Personalization. It was Mike's company car as well. I drove it somewhere (can't remember where) for an errand and them took it to a show (don't remember which one). It drove nice, that I remember! I was in charge of selling off the company vehicles at the time ASC took over and they opted to ship it to the Troy Facility along with other new models we had. I sold off almost all of the remaining vehicles from Irvine. It was not built for Rock Star, that much I know. That arrangement was made in 2008 or later.
Fax: 949.491.9941
shebler@saleenperformance.com
Old 07-03-2009
Administrator

Great info Spring!

Jack, word on the street says... the SEMA wheels went here.

Photos courtesy of mustangworld.com
Old 07-04-2009
Suspended Account

Have pondered what black Extreme wheels would look like on my '07 alloy coupe. I have the chrome version now.

Would u be looking for a straight trade? Are there any blemishes on yours? Is it paint or powdercoating...does it look like the lip can be machined/polished back to 'silver'? Tire condition...Rossos...275 or 305 rears? It may be too costly to ship to-n-from Texas, not sure.
Old 07-04-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Beautiful car! Great choice in picking the Bad Boy!
Old 07-05-2009
SOEC Member

Thanks for the info. Do you know anything for sure about the Power. Mike must not have driven much. It only has a little more than 1000 miles. I am also trying to get the Saleen ID #. The dash plaque is not on the car. It would be great to get in touch with Mike!
Old 07-05-2009
Administrator

Quote:
I am also trying to get the Saleen ID #. The dash plaque is not on the car.
Speedlab did not produced serialized cars. Customs and owner request builds.
Old 07-05-2009
SOEC Member

According to Saleen it started as an 07 Extreme. My guess is it has a #. how can I check the saleen registry? I have a letter from Saleen stating it is in the rregistry
Old 07-06-2009
Administrator

Spring was a great start and Mike S. would be a great person to speak with. As well as Carlos... since he was a large part of Irvine Speedlab at that time.

Nothing is definitive, so its good to dig and keep digging.

If you look at the red demo Carlos had or the New Edge car Jared owns, both were standard production serialized Saleens that lead a life-of-their-own with the employee caretakers.

Quote:
According to Saleen it started as an 07 Extreme. My guess is it has a #.
It not unlikely that Saleen of MI built a file for this car. The history would be more true if one discusses and documents the findings from the personnel involved with the build, the demo's caretaker as well as the purpose, intended purpose and history of the chassis before the SEMA show.

Quote:
how can I check the saleen registry? I have a letter from Saleen stating it is in the registry
Jeff is Team Saleen. If you spoke with Jeff... then the letter you have is what the file says.

To me... it sounds like the persons who put the file together threw the kitchen sink at how to describe the vehicle in question.

S281 Extreme, Press Car, Bad Boy Edition, S302, Promotion Car, Give-away.

If it was a press car, then the research on your end will be to find stories featuring a Tungsten '07 coupe or the Cherrybomb version or both.

An S302 (non-PJ) did not exist yet... so we might call it a development car, but its technically not an S302 either. (S302, S302 S/C, S302 E)

The Ultimate Bad Boys where monochrome Ford Black S281 Extreme Coupes. Offered as a joint effort between Saleen and the race promoters.

Promotion car is plausible. Promotions for Speedlab via SEMA and various places Mike S. went. Rock Star used the silver car for their series of ads and appearances.

Give-away model. Yes.

Dig, dig and dig some more. It's all you can do.

Two things to keep in mind though.
1. If you're receiving that car at a great price... keep in mind the value/ street value of the custom equipment.
2. Even, in the end, if the car is not a serialized Saleen... it holds an interesting history that rivals most any production Saleen.

As long as Saleen recognizes the Ford VIN as something that came out of their corporation, that holds the value.

It's up to you to document the history before the unit was shipped to Michigan. To offer legitimate connections to what the vehicle file claims, or to build and correct what the file should say.
Old 07-06-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsl1960 View Post
thanks for the info. Do you know anything for sure about the power. Mike must not have driven much. It only has a little more than 1000 miles. I am also trying to get the saleen id #. The dash plaque is not on the car. It would be great to get in touch with mike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
speedlab did not produced serialized cars. Customs and owner request builds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsl1960 View Post
according to saleen it started as an 07 extreme. My guess is it has a #. How can i check the saleen registry? I have a letter from saleen stating it is in the rregistry

i have not finished reading the thread yet,

first off, neat car for sure,

it does seem to me as a custom car and not a "saleen" build car, as i have the dash plaque, the under hood plaque was not installed but later given to me/installed by ford dlr) and there is a 3rd (alledgely) unspecified tag if it were a saleen production car, that and the window sticker would be from saleen, and it would/should have a bumper number.

Too bad it's been stripped down also, but still way cool car,

also if it were a 281e, i'd rather have a e than a 302...i think

good luck! Nice ride

Jason VIlla
'06 SALEEN SC S281 # 464 white/black
'93 Jeep Wrangler 4:1 5.13s 36s
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 07-06-2009
SOEC Member

So far to the best of my knowledge, the only things missing from the show are wheels and seats. I would have replaced both anyway. It has been verified by Saleen that it started out as an 07 Extreme. The valve covers and intake plenum are painted and are the same as what was on the car at the Sema show. I think the power issue can be best solved with a run on the Dyno. I am hoping that along the way I am able to compile an accurate and complete history on the car. Thanks for the input. Jack
Old 07-06-2009
SOEC Member

so you did buy it right?

Jason VIlla
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 07-06-2009
SOEC Member

yeh, we are just waiting for the title from NY DMV.
Old 07-07-2009
SOEC Member

It's no big loss that you don't have the wheels. They're just TSW Mondellos painted black and red. I have some on my rabbit. If you wanted them again to replicate the look they would be easy to duplicate.

On the other hand, though.....I'd definitely try and track down some of those saleen speedlab seats. They're comfortable, lightweight, hold you in place really well, and they're AWESOME.

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates
Old 07-07-2009
SOEC Member

Cool enjoy, Keep us updated on what you do to it,

Jason VIlla
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 07-07-2009
SOEC Member

Well I got confirmation on the motor and chasis work today. The car was done by Saleen/speedlab. All of the work including motor and carbon fiber was done in house. It is an S302 Extreme with 600 HP. I was also in touch with Rock Star and they are looking in to the seats that were originally in the car. They are also going to obtain the Saleen ID # for me. I am now officially excited to get the car. I should have it early next week. I am having the rear quarter window louvers with the S281 SC rear windows. I am also going to swap out the black wheels for chrome. Not sure which ones yet. Suggestions are welcome! I am going to leave everything else alone and live with it for awhile. I am looking for the seats covers that came in the S302. I would love everyone's opinion on the rear end. Should I put the stock panels in or leave the Carbon fiber. Thanks again for the input! Any help on parts location is appreciated. Jack
Old 07-07-2009
SOEC Member

I really like the carbon fiber in the back seat area.
Old 07-07-2009

Default S-7 seats

The Saleen/MJ ? Liquidators _Found A Deal on E-Bay, were selling some S-7 seats on e-bay a couple of weeks ago. I would make a suggestion, do not touch a thing on this car that would be as originally built. This car no matter the exact history is an absolute one of a kind. Try to keep it as it was ORIGINALLY. This car was from when Saleen was trying to make a statement to the automotive world. Let this car stand alone as it always has and do its own talking. She's a work of art make it as ORIGINAL as possible. Good luck with your new auto.
Old 07-07-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Well I got confirmation on the motor and chasis work today. The car was done by Saleen/speedlab. All of the work including motor and carbon fiber was done in house. It is an S302 Extreme with 600 HP.
Glad the forum was of help.

I would still look for Mike Simmons though, since it was his "demo." Might be nice for you to document his comments and memories.

Quote:
I was also in touch with Rock Star and they are looking in to the seats that were originally in the car. They are also going to obtain the Saleen ID # for me.
"05 Mineral" remembers correctly. There was a Speedlab S7 seat on eBay. For some reason though, I want to say the auction was only for one seat.

Interesting news on the serialization. Will be fascinating to see what they find or go with.

Quote:
I am now officially excited to get the car. I should have it early next week.
Congratulations!

Quote:
I am having the rear quarter window louvers with the S281 SC rear windows. I am also going to swap out the black wheels for chrome. Not sure which ones yet. Suggestions are welcome!
In some ways, I'll agree with "05 Mineral" on the advice to leave the car be. At the same time though, I think it's best to do what you need to do to be happy.

It also depends on how much you plan to use this car and how functional you need it to be. The quarter windows are a wise re-install if you want improved rearward visibility.

I think the car's a really neat piece, though in the NY photos it seems to be missing a visual punch. I don't say this in a negative way, just seems understated sitting on the street.

I'd redo the SALEEN banner to a production item and maybe place the fender emblems back on the car (like it had during SEMA). Maybe even add black or silver chevrons.

Quote:
I am going to leave everything else alone and live with it for awhile. I am looking for the seats covers that came in the S302.
The S302 debuted to 2008 and this model featured the standard Saleen S-Series seating that was an updated design for 2008.

An S302 model-only seat debuted in 2009, but 2009s have side airbags.

You'll need the entire front seat kit to redo the interior. The Heritage seat covers that you currently have work with the stock Mustang foam cushions. If you only purchased the S-line covers the current back foam will not fit the cover.

Saleen Speedlab can be you source for the 2008 Saleen interior kit.

You can also look for the 2005-2007 S281 interior in the second-hand market and will fall with your vehicle's model year.

Quote:
I would love everyone's opinion on the rear end. Should I put the stock panels in or leave the Carbon fiber.
I'd buy a trunk filler piece. Car looks incomplete without it. It looked cool at SEMA without a plate... but the whole "clean" look goes to pot with a plate mounted back there.

Mr. Phil Frank knew what he was doing when he penned the S197 Saleen. I'd stay true to Phil.

Quote:
Thanks again for the input! Any help on parts location is appreciated. Jack
Best wishes!
Old 07-07-2009
SOEC Member

I can see your point. I am defnately going to change the wheels. I really dont care for the black ones on the car right now. The rear quarter window shades look good on the outside, but the install looks like crap on the inside. my thought was that since i was going to have to have them reinstalled anyway, why not just put in what I like better. I am going to keep the rear seat delete and carbon fiber set up. I have to come up with something for the rear end so I can put a license plate on it. Right now its just stuck on there. Any ideas are appreciated.
2006 S281 SC Conv Tungsten,#971 475HP, 4.10 rear, Auto
2007 BMW 750 Sport
2008 Jeep SRT8
1998 Aston Martin DB7 Volante
1983 Cadillac Eldorado Conv
2007 Saleen/Speedlab Sema S302/Extreme Hybrid
Old 07-07-2009
Administrator

Quote:
I am also going to swap out the black wheels for chrome. Not sure which ones yet. Suggestions are welcome!
I'd go with the silver or the chrome forged 5-stars.

If you want to update the look and be different. Maybe the chrome 2009 Speedstars.

Quote:
I have to come up with something for the rear end so I can put a license plate on it. Right now its just stuck on there. Any ideas are appreciated.
You can look into having a carbon version of the Saleen tail treatment made or find and have a talented artist make an OE panel look like CF.

Depends on what you want to spend.
Old 07-07-2009
SOEC Member

Guess was writing at the same time as you. There is a complete rear end set up for the plate on ebay for $150. It comes with the deck lid but thats not a problem. That price is probably a lot less than the speedlab price! I thought I might paint them the same color as the car. (yes, have the paint code!). I also thought about putting the Saleen banner on with the small letters. The car comes with all the S302 Badges. They were in the car when looked at it. What do you think about the Dark Horse Wheels? Black Chrome or just Chrome? I have never seen the black chrome in person. i wouldn't want them to be to dark. What were the stock wheels on the 07 Extreme or the S302? Thanks again. Everyone has been a great help.
2007 BMW 750 Sport
2008 Jeep SRT8
Old 07-07-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Guess was writing at the same time as you. There is a complete rear end set up for the plate on ebay for $150.
Speak with Jess A. of Saleen Performance Vehicles. See what a new one will cost.

Quote:
It comes with the deck lid but thats not a problem.
What does it cost to ship a trunk lid?

Quote:
I thought I might paint them the same color as the car. (yes, have the paint code!).
That might be neat to do.

Quote:
I also thought about putting the Saleen banner on with the small letters. The car comes with all the S302 Badges. They were in the car when looked at it.
Sounds good!

Quote:
What do you think about the Dark Horse Wheels? Black Chrome or just Chrome? I have never seen the black chrome in person. i wouldn't want them to be to dark.
To date. This is the only time I've liked the Dark Horse wheels.

06-0981
http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=5351

Dark Horse - Never liked 'em here.
http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=3742

Quote:
What were the stock wheels on the 07 Extreme or the S302? Thanks again. Everyone has been a great help.
I don't have my 2007 Saleen Dealer Sales Guide handy, but I want to say for the 2007 Extreme, the silver 5-star forged wheels were standard and/or a delete for the chrome cast wheels if the buyer so decided. (Could be wrong.)

Chris (ctann) should know. He's becoming, or is, the Extreme guru.
Old 07-07-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Chris (ctann) should know. He's becoming, or is, the Extreme guru.
Just the S302E's - there's enough to learn about just with them!

Stock wheels for the '08 S302Es were the forged silver 5-spokes, as came on the #15 car. Most I have seen had the upgrade to the forged chrome-5 spokes. Apparently the standard cast chrome 7-spokes were a no-cost upgrade, but I have yet to spot an S302E fitted with them.

I quite like the Stirling wheels - not sure if you would call them 5-spoke or 10-spoke. Lastly, there are the Dark Horse 7-spokes, interestingly enough also fitted to the lone 2009 S302SC I have spotted.

Chris.
Attached Thumbnails
s302e_#18ds.jpg  

2009_S302e_Darkhorse_#04t.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 07-08-2009
SOEC Member

Default Wheels

I decided on the Drk horse wheels. Any suggestions for the tires and size?
2007 BMW 750 Sport
2008 Jeep SRT8
Old 07-09-2009
SOEC Member

You might check the buysaleen.com site. They had good prices on OEM Saleem tires a little while ago.
2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones #384
1989 Saleen Hatchback #302
1970 Coupe
1968 Shelby GT 350
Old 07-09-2009

If your looking for Dark hourse wheels the manufactor of the rims is selling off unsed quanties at a **** good price on ebay. I belive they are 899 + shipping for 2x 20 x 9 and 2x 20 x 10. They even have them in black chrome which I think would look sweet on a black car. They also have them in regular chrome if thats what your looking for.
Old 07-09-2009

Default Eye Candy

Don't do the Dark Horse wheels! Go with something chrome! That color on your car will POP with the right wheels, If there was anything aftermarket that I would install on your car it would be a rim that sparkles- EYE CANDY to bring out that color! Dark wheels - WRONG MOVE!
Just my opinion. On my ride I went from the stock seven spokes to chrome bullitt style rims and I have never received so many compliments it makes the color and the car for that matter stand out.
Old 07-09-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 Mineral Grey S281 View Post
Don't do the Dark Horse wheels! Go with something chrome! That color on your car will POP with the right wheels, If there was anything aftermarket that I would install on your car it would be a rim that sparkles- EYE CANDY to bring out that color! Dark wheels - WRONG MOVE!
Just my opinion. On my ride I went from the stock seven spokes to chrome bullitt style rims and I have never received so many compliments it makes the color and the car for that matter stand out.
Sounds sic! I'd be interested in seeing what that looks like. Post up pics when you can!
Old 07-09-2009

Default Pics

This may sound like I'm stupid or something but I have no clue how to post pics. Anyone able to give me a quick lesson.
Old 07-09-2009

do you have a photobucket account? if not than join its free
-upload your pics
- copy [IMG] url
- paste in reply (on here)
-you all set to post pics
Old 07-09-2009
SOEC Member

Default dARK hORSE wHEELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 Mineral Grey S281 View Post
if I do the Dark Horse wheels i am going to get the chrome. I might go the safe route and get the 5 star forged.
2007 BMW 750 Sport
2008 Jeep SRT8
Old 07-09-2009

Quote:
if I do the Dark Horse wheels i am going to get the chrome. I might go the safe route and get the 5 star forged.
I believe the Dark Horse wheels in chrome are just called 7-spoke Speedstars. They're awesome wheels. I'd definitely go that way if I were you. I don't think you'll see too many cars with them since they were only put of such a few cars.
Old 07-09-2009

Default Wheels

I figured it out and put up some pics in an album and on my profile so you can see what I mean by they POP.