The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 03-21-2020
SOEC Member

Exclamation FYI: 1987-1989 Ford Mustang Window Stickers

Newly made available, reprint OEM Ford Monroney Label for 87-89 Foxes. No, not the Saleen reprint, Ford. I could be wrong, but I dont think Saleen passed these through on some cars (for instance the SSC has its own Saleen produced Monroney label), so might be something you dont have. Im going to pull the trigger today, and see what happens.

EDIT, ordered, lets see what I get.... This is for an SSC.

http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_c...roduct_id=7277

Last edited by Specracer; 03-21-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-21-2020
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I saw this yesterday on autoblog.
Odd, they only went from from 87-89.
Would have made more sense to me to run 79-93
Sold xp8 2000 #30, all options including alcons
Old 03-21-2020
Administrator

The pre-1987 price labels are a different "blank" style and size. Also, the pre-87 labels almost change every year or two in blank format.

The basic format of printed black text is the same from 1987 through 1993. Though a bar code element was added for 1989 that ran through 1993. (The Ford label blanks for SN95 and New Edge car are fairly similar.)

The label blank for 1987 and 1988 are the same. Then you have the 1989-93 style, but there are differences in the blank. Such as when the labels advertised Mustangs 25th anniversary (which appeared during 1989 lasting through most 1990) as a background fade logo where the options were listed.

I look forward to seeing the reprints.
Old 03-21-2020
Administrator

As a side note: During the 1990s through mid 2000s you could order a new price label through a Ford Dealer. There was a time window for such orders / age of vehicle.

Some said you had to order it through the original selling dealer, others said you just needed a dealer that knew how to fill the order / cared to fill the order.

We experimented with the new label request many years ago (early 2000s). Visited the original selling dealer looking for a label for a 4-year-old vehicle. Dealer rep knew what to do and ordered a price label.

The only different between the original weathered price label that was folded and worn and the new one was... the current version of price label had a new FORD tag line. It wasn't "Quality Job 1," it said whatever the current marketing tag was.

Anyway... I say this since there may be an archive of this information unless FoMoCo purges stuff every X years.
Old 03-21-2020
SOEC Member

Dave as always, great info. See what comes in a month or so (likely longer in these time).
Old 03-24-2020
SOEC Member

Marti has them also. Wonder who makes them for who....

https://www.martiauto.com/windowstic...linkid=m200324
Old 03-24-2020
Administrator

Are they asking the same money? Item + shipping.
Old 03-28-2020

So,

Since Marti has the build data, it should be spot on in terms of options etc.?

What if your car was ordered as a police model? I’d be interested as to what a Damerow coupe would have on its Ford sticker.
Old 03-28-2020
Administrator

In theory, since the cars were originally ordered for police use, the window stickers should show the options, special order code(s), and whatever an SSP window sticker looks like.

Since these were not ordered to be Saleen conversions (in theory), they would not have any identifying details relating to the Saleen conversion.

The thing to keep in mind, I think the SSP fans mention this, Oregon ordered their SSP Mustangs as Oxford White paint with Regatta Blue interiors. The Damerow Saleen coupes were ordered in Oxford White with Smoke interiors.

Yes, the story goes the dealership purposely submitted a dual order of SSP Mustangs to cheat the Ford allotment system, but the first batch had the Oregon spec blue interiors and the second batch had grey interiors. Which shows 10% more planning of this deception.

It's also been said the conversion of Damerow's SSP coupes were purposely delayed until the new Anaheim facility was up and running.
Old 03-29-2020

I ordered the ‘999’ report and there was nothing about police package from that record. I’m really interested in what a Marti or the window sticker may reveal. Likely nothing about Saleen as it was an after the order deal.