The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 11-19-2008
SOEC Member

Default New to the forum!

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum but I've had my saleen S331 SC since february. After reading the forums I have found that I am having some of the same issues as others such as the surging cruise control and rattling while at idle. I am in the works now to getting my cruise control fixed. Did anyone every find out why the truck was rattling at idle. I also have a rattle from my right side exhaust pipe. It happens almost always when I hit a bump due to the end of the pipe moving around to much and banging on everything. The left side pipe does not move at all. I tried adjusting the drop down L-shaped hangers but it only helps temporarily. Does anyone know of a fix for this. Also my boost and act temp gauge did not sit flush with the dash when I got the truck (the front left corner was raised quite a bit). So when I asked my dealer about it they got me a new gauge and replaced it. The front left corner is still up along with the right rear corner now. Should this gauge sit flush with the dash or does the gauge just not fit? I was also wanting to get the rockford sub that saleen makes, however on ebay it says it is just for the supercrew and doesn't mention the supercab (which is what I have). Does anyone know if this box will fit the supercab? I have the electric fans and they have not burned out yet even down here in south Ga with the summer heat but after reading the forums I will be getting them replaced soon.

Other than these few problems I absolutely love the truck. I've had it since feb. and still get compliments on it almost every time I take it out. Hoping to get the Stage 1 kit from JDM soon. What has everyone paid for it so far. They quoted me around $1900 if I install it myself.

Thanks for the info and I don't know what took me so long to find this forum.

Last edited by burnouts331; 11-19-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-19-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

My S331 (Super Cab)was not ordered with the Saleen/RF sub either. I purchased mine on ebay and did not have any issues. It was a very easy installation. My gauge pod has the same problem with the left corner being raised but I have not had it fixed yet. Watch those fans! Mine completely melted the relay that is located behind the front bumper as well as the inline fuse holder by the battery. I am afraid of what would have happened if I had not noticed the smell in the garage!
89-100SSC
Old 11-19-2008

I am going to have to keep an eye on my fans too.

WOW, this is the 4th 331 owner in two weeks.

My gauge pod does not sit, quite, flush either. I guess that is just the nature of the beast.

I see you are from Ashburn, I am originally from Albany. I am just North of Atlanta now. You should come up the next time we have a Saleen cruise....Thats a long drive though.

What was wrong with your cruise control? The surging and idling is in the computer. I have yet to talk to a 331 owner that did not have this problem. How in the hell did they get out of Saleen like this?

I was quoted right at $1900 for the JDM kit. Is there another stage other than the stage I? The only other mod I can think of is a smaller supercharger pulley....smaller than the one that comes with the stage I kit. You can knock off $300 from that price if you have your own SCT XCAL II (Thank goodness I already have one).

The rockford fosgate sub bolts into the SCREW and the SCAB. My guess is that the sellers on ebay really have no idea.

feel free to email me anytime about these trucks.....

light02atl@yahoo.com
Old 11-20-2008
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light02atl View Post
Is there another stage other than the stage I? The only other mod I can think of is a smaller supercharger pulley....smaller than the one that comes with the stage I kit.

Correct... I'm pretty sure that the Stage 2 is just a smaller pulley (3.0") making 10 lbs of boost.
Old 11-24-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light02atl View Post
I see you are from Ashburn, I am originally from Albany. I am just North of Atlanta now. You should come up the next time we have a Saleen cruise....Thats a long drive though.

Yeah. I actually got the truck from ford town in albany. I do come to Atlanta every now and then to hang out with my brother - he lives in Marietta. I will definetly have to come up the next time there is a Saleen Cruise. Just keep me posted on when it will be. How many people are usually in it and where what all does it entail?

Last edited by burnouts331; 11-24-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-24-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnouts331 View Post
Yeah. I actually got the truck from ford town in albany. I do come to Atlanta every now and then to hang out with my brother - he lives in Marietta. I will definetly have to come up the next time there is a Saleen Cruise. Just keep me posted on when it will be. How many people are usually in it and where what all does it entail?

I dont think Ford town is an authorized saleen dealer. I know this truck was sold used though, so that doesnt make a difference. What I am saying is, I dont know if they are authorized to do any repairs on these vehicles. If I am not mistaken, there are only two authorized warranty/repair facilities in GA. Fortunately for you, one is in Marietta. Team Ford in Marietta. Great group of people. They use to sponsor another saleen club.

I work about 4 miles from them and live about 15 min away from them. We have regular Saleen dinners, cruises and events up here. Email me at Light02atl@yahoo.com and I will put your name on the mailing list. We probably have about 5-6 saleens...and are always hoping for more.

We tried to get a cruise together to go to Helen GA a few weeks ago, but everyone was so busy. We probably will not organize anything for December because of the holidays.